Frankfort CG-1 design drawings

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have original drawings for the Frankfort CG-1 glider design, considering that Bill Norton considers the BG-2 to be a CQ-1 derivative (indicating that BG-2 was erroneously associated with CG-1 because CQ got misspelled as CG by John Andrade in his 1979 book on US military aircraft designations and serial numbers), and the BG-2 had a much smaller wingspan compared to the CG-1 and CG-2 (85 feet for CG-1 and 115 feet for CG-2 vs 35 feet for BG-2)?

Last edited:
I have a copy of the book American Military Gliders of World War II and there is a drawing of the CG-1 on page 52.

www.usmilitaryaircraft.files.wordpress.com includes a page from Jos Heyman's book: "United States Military Aircraft" last updated 1 February, 2015. It includes a photo of a Frankfort CG-1 prototype.
The fuselage is un-covered and surrounded by a complex jig or test rig ... perhaps the USAAF static ground test rig where it failed load tests.

Includes photos and descriptions of most of the US gliders made during WW2 ... including a dozen proposals that never flew off the drawing board!

Last edited:
www.usmilitaryaircraft.files.wordpress.com includes a page from Jos Heyman's book: "United States Military Aircraft" last updated 1 February, 2015. It includes a photo of a Frankfort CG-1 prototype.
The fuselage is un-covered and surrounded by a complex jig or test rig ... perhaps the USAAF static ground test rig where it failed load tests.

Includes photos and descriptions of most of the US gliders made during WW2 ... including a dozen proposals that never flew off the drawing board!
The URL you cite is no longer active. Here is a three-view drawing of the CG-1 design from Norton's 2012 book American Military Gliders of World War II.

Attachments

• IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 27