Flight International going monthly from September.

DWG

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Just received an email saying Flight's last weekly edition will be August 11th and they'll have their first monthly edition on 17th September :(

I'm not entirely surprised, it's been clear for a while they've been struggling with the weekly format and for the last couple of months that they want to monetise Flight Global (their net presence) as their main resource.

Web edition is inaccessible to me. Barely a few lines past the header. Hard to understand such a 180.

Seems they've got the same webmaster than Keyaero plublishing...

Last edited:
I suppose this mean the end of the free digital archive... crap.

We all know that it is a tough market out there but that decision looks like a route to a lingering death.

They should consider offering historic-archive-only access separately from subscriptions, or a sensible price for digital-only access.

It's definitely unlikely I'll continue my subscription if they try and charge the same for a monthly edition, even a longer one (they claim the first monthly issue will be 84 pages). I don't see Flight Global as a substitute as things stand.

Last time I checked the difference between print and digital only subscriptions ISTR it was under a fiver, which is just ridiculous.