First Flanker over the skies of the new world!

Pit

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen

First ever pic of a Su-30MK2 of the Venezuelan Air Force, taken over the skies of Barcelona, it's the first day flight of the bird after being assembled.

Credits to Longhorn via FAV-Club Forum, thumbs up!

First Su-30s over the skies of the new world ;D :D

Attachments

• su30mk2favae2.jpg
    su30mk2favae2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 217
MOTHER OF GOD!

Awesome pic Paul!, many many thanks!!!...who's the author of such beatiful pic?, is him here in Venezuela?, maybe I can meet him, this sunday!

Pit said:
Ladies and Gentlemen

First ever pic of a Su-30MK2 of the Venezuelan Air Force, taken over the skies of Barcelona, it's the first day flight of the bird after being assembled.

No canards!

So, is this a new airframe or a well-used example pulled directly from a Russian squadron?

By the way, I would appreciate it if we try to refrain from making political comments generally. We have Venezuelan members and the idea of the US blowing the Venezuelan airforce out of the sky isn't particularly pleasant, no matter what the current political situation.

overscan said:
By the way, I would appreciate it if we try to refrain from making political comments generally. We have Venezuelan members and the idea of the US blowing the Venezuelan airforce out of the sky isn't particularly pleasant, no matter what the current political situation.

Not so much a "political comment" as a practical one. In the US there's not the slightest hint of interest at *any* level for going to war with Venezuela. But Hugo Chavez... he clearly wants war. So, there ya go.

Pit said:
Ladies and Gentlemen

Damn it, I thought you were already there and had done a service job for those new toys of yours!!!. ;D
Congrats, I envy you a bit. ;)

MrDetonator!

Tomorrow is the day ;D ;D ;D

Will go to Base Aérea El Libertador, Aragua State, to the Venezuelan Air Force Parade (wich promises to be maybe the biggest one in its story!), some comments says that everything in the air force will be there!!!...of course the new Shuskis will be there...and off course I will destroy them on pics :)...

Hope to have the chance on the future to get personally there, alone, unafraid and unarmed to take exclusive pics for you!...

FAV-Club pics

Attachments

• FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06f_PU.jpg
    FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06f_PU.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 153
  • FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06c_EF.jpg
    FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06c_EF.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 166
  • FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06j_EC.jpg
    FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06j_EC.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 130
  • FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06h_EC.jpg
    FAV_Su-30MK2_10DIC06h_EC.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 124
Few more

Attachments

• 01_Su-30MK2_Bael_10DIC06_EC.jpg
    01_Su-30MK2_Bael_10DIC06_EC.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 79
  • favsu30mk210dic06bpuub5.jpg
    favsu30mk210dic06bpuub5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 77
  • favsu30mk210dic06aputl1.jpg
    favsu30mk210dic06aputl1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 104
Hey Martin :)

I didn't take those pics (will I have liked to have so nice camera) but maybe they're of your interests.

Stenciled and advises are on spanish:

detallesu30mk2bael10dicbe4.jpg

colasu30mk2amv0460bael1ea6.jpg

Photos by Enver Cuervos, via Arturo Soto at FAV-Club forum.

Pit said:
Hey Martin :)

I didn't take those pics (will I have liked to have so nice camera) but maybe they're of your interests.
Keep it going buddy...great stuff ;), I`m looking forward to see more detail pictures. It seems that these Flankers have not been cripled with western avionics yet, because I see russian style SRO, SPO, radio antennas..etc. Am I right? So, what can you tell us about that, thanks

Hey Martin, happy X-mas and upcoming new year to you and all Secretproject community.

Happy that you liked those pics, they're indeed pure Russian style aircrafts, check that even IFF aerials are "Parol style", pretty similar to those on Soviet Su-27S.

RWR is L-150 Pastel by TsKBA, radio comms suite is K-DlUE (including intra-flight datalink) by Polet, I have my doubts on ATC, ADF and aerial feeder antena. They must surely be russian through don't know they designations, maybe you can help me on that if I show you more pics?.

What's your opinion on the quality control finish of those aircrafts compared per example to your MiG-29 Fulcrums on SlAF?...I'm happy with it anyway never have seen a Russian aircraft (supersonic combat aircraft) with so smooth lines!.

Be careful and happy flying!

BTW: 2 new aircrafts were received December 22-23, and 10 will come next year. There are rumours that 2 UOMZ Sapsan-E pods and unknown number of UPAB-1500 (Izd K-010) guided bombs were received with last batch.

I'm moving to this topic some replies from another section:

From Pit:
Hi MrDetonator!

I will talk on Broadcast/Bullseye issue on other topic because it deserves it (if you don't mind) situation in our country is difficult to asses.

Our Su-30MK2 have "special modifications accord to FAV orders", such special modifications are indeed related to imperial system between others but I don't know about ATC and IFF systems.

We send our first pilots to evaluate the Sukhois back there on July 12 2005, it was a military mission of 1 Colonel F-16 pilot, 2 F-16 Majors and 1 Mirage-50 and 1 VF-5 Captains.

Later as contract was signed on July 2006 we started sending a military mission there to Zhukovskiy mainly where Sukhoi installations for training and conversion are based. Total number of military mission was of 196 people sent between October and November including 96 professionals (pilots, technical officers and NCO specialized on diverse tasks related to mantainance) of the newly established Fighter Aviation Group 13. They will receive a 2 months crash-course on different technical issues (avionics, weapons systems, electronics, engines, etc) after wich they're now returning to Venezuela for begining flight operations here with advise of Russian instructors. So is difficult to asses how's the situation, we're just begining!.

In a weird form, when we sent our helicopter officers (Army Aviation) most of them were not only to Kazan (were Rostvertol is based) but mainly to Torzhok, to the TsBPiPLS helicopter unit based there. The training was both theoeritical flying and also tactical one including combat use of the different helos (specially Mi-35M) with the use of live ammo. I don't know if the Sukhoi deal includes such kind of deals (live firing of missiles, bombs or guns) but at least some foreign delegations received such training during the Soviet Years (Yugoslavia's pilots made R-27R1 and R-73E firings at Lugovaya at 1987).

Mrdetonator:
Thanks for the short introductory summary of the Su-30MK2 implementation. Do you have any detailed information about those "special modifications" carried out for the FAV? The degree of "westernization" always depends on customer requirements. You`ve said that Sukhois were mostly fitted with russian avionics sets. Why is that anyway? Definitely, it would help to recognize them when I see more detailed photos of sukhoi aircrafts. Although, I have to admit my knowledge about nowadays russian nav/comm/iff might be somewhat limited, because we replaced them with Rockwell/Collins and Bae equipment. Then we can also move(reposting) to the appropriate thread.

Pit:
The election of Su-30MK2 base model (and I would call it like that) was due to time constraints in the delivery times. Our political administration that mostly ran the selection program just want them to came "fast and now".

You have to understand that our air force being pretty western (US) oriented, didn't really like the russian option. Inside the fighter community there was a lot of desires not to go for the russian option (being MiG-29M2 or Flanker) and this is explained in two points:

a) Mainly due to typical russophobia and ignorance. Most of our pilots are US-indoctrinated and as such mantains the "only western approach". Plain and simple, it's just a bias.

b) Russian logistical style on MTBO and general manteinance philosophy is pretty alien to us.

This have started to change anyway when current russian equipment is being used. Army Aviation per example fell in love with the russian kit (Mi-17v5 and Mi-35M) in short time, even if they also came from similar background of education, Venezuelan Air Force is without a doubt the most elitist of our armed services. After December 10 demostration anyway, nearly everybody here fall in love with the Flanker (everybody except the old F-16 pilots of the Fighter Aviation Group 16 that now are on second order being always the real pride of our national defense assets ...

You can see it as pure emotional and subjective motives and they're indeed. We would have a long and tough process of asimilation of such advanced and different technology like Su-30MK2.

Talking about that Su-30MK2 is just the start of the program because the true interest for the future is the Su-35 (this have even said by the current President) and since the begining the interest was for both of them. There was never any much noise here about IAIA advanced customised products like Su-30MKI series.

In a sidenote I'm happy anyway with the introduction of Su-30MK2 technology, maybe isn't the most advanced from Russia, but we have to learn a damn long road, and some of our national services are having terrible problems with their most advanced hardware due to a real planification of the procurement at the perspective of long time in the capabilities of our local services to mantain them. This is not in the technical sense (our technicians on manteinance units are good and Fighter Aviation Group 16 experience with the F-16A is a true example of that) but from the engineering and support perspective. The navy is suffering a lot of this with the advanced radars supplied by Israel for our Frigate Upgrade programs (Elta EL/M 2238 Star-3D) and Air Force is not in shape for this anyway.

So what we really need is not just buying advanced russian equipment but along such line research in a defense industry even at second and first level manteinance (Airbase and Depot Manteinance of Engines, Avionics and Airframe) that could allow us some self-suficency in the future. This along national own training programs based on simulations technologies is a must if our Flanker program should suceed in the forewards.

Army Aviation with the Russian Helicopter program have made a sound (in paper we have to see it in practice) approach. We have bought the most advanced Simulation System for our Mi-17v5/35M/26T in the whole world to be set up in the following 3 years, a whole simulation center being made with 5 simulation systems of last technology and made up to request by RAT. Kronshdadt (St Petesburg) including 2 advanced 6 axis free movement systems. This simulation center will not only serve to our armed forces but will also be available for other regional users. We have also get tech-transfer agreements in Local Manteinance Center for Depot level works for the three systems that would if well done, allow us some level of local manteinance issues to be done.

In my humble opinion, the Air Force having chose a much more advanced equipment (and again IMHO the correct one for their own lackings and needs for know-how) should follow a similar approach. I'm not in position to said if such decision have been made.

Workmanship definitely looks better than the PLAAF MKKs, somewhat at par with the PLANAF MK2s. The Russians are definitely sweating to satisfy the eye of fickle export customers now.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/P1010529.jpg

July 2007 ;D

Pit said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/P1010529.jpg

July 2007 ;D

Thanks for that picture but do You know why they carry these strange numbers (not one after another) ... ?? ???

Deino

Air Force tradition from the COIN times in the 60.

Today is more like cabala, or a joke.

Large formation of at least twelve Su-30MKV2's!

http://www.fav-club.com/galeriafotos/main.php?g2_itemId=18634

Sample photos:

main.php

main.php

Back
Top Bottom