FIAT G-95

archipeppe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Italian VTOL dreams, starting with G-95/3, Gabrielli's VTOL descendant of the G-91.
Currently the work in ongoing and I will realize a 3-views.

Attachments

• FIAT G 95-3.jpg
    FIAT G 95-3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 449
Work in progress #2

Attachments

• FIAT G 95-3_01.jpg
    FIAT G 95-3_01.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 406
As promised, here it is the 3 views.

The next one will be the G-95/4

Attachments

• FIAT G 95-3 three views.jpg
    FIAT G 95-3 three views.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 498
Italian VTOL dreams, part two: here it is the FIAT G-95/4.

Attachments

• FIAT G 95-4.jpg
    FIAT G 95-4.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 404
Updated and improved version of the G-95/4 drawings as also a brand new one for the bigger G-95/6.

Attachments

• FIAT G 95-4.jpg
    FIAT G 95-4.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 370
JC Carbonel said:
I like the one with the flash stripes. But should n't it get squadriglia markings ?

JCC

Here it is.....

Attachments

• FIAT G 95-4_01.jpg
    FIAT G 95-4_01.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 141
And also there is the G-95/6 the bigger one of the Gabrielli's VTOL fighters family.

Attachments

• FIAT G 95-6.jpg
    FIAT G 95-6.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 170
Very nice work. Thank you to call my attention to this project. As always a like more the one with camouflage :)

theponja said:
Very nice work. Thank you to call my attention to this project. As always a like more the one with camouflage :)

Many thanks theponja for your kind comments.
Do you think that Argentina Air Force (or Navy) could buy the FIAT G-95/4 in late '60s?

The Fiat G.95
Was a Concept/Project with international aspirations, as the Fiat G.91 for NATO, was expected to have a career not only in the Italian air force, in another forum, last year, I had the opportunity to develop these possibilities, visualized with the colors of the Luftwaffe in the Rhine or the USAF in the Vietnam theater.

Saludos
MC72
Fiat_G_954_Profiles.jpg

I found these old cutaway, with interior sections of the G.95 version, and is clear the all sistem of the control in the Vtol flight was about clear before the Harrier....the only big problem, was the propulsion , very heavy and inefficient, six or eight engines for a single Vtol Strike/Fighter would have been a clear hedache for the logistic with high rate of failures.
The Harrier years later benefit of these first attemp and married the Amazing Rolls Royce Pegasus.

Saludos
MC72
Fiat_G95-6e4.jpg

archipeppe said:
theponja said:

Many thanks theponja for your kind comments.
Do you think that Argentina Air Force (or Navy) could buy the FIAT G-95/4 in late '60s?

G.95 v Sea Harrier in the Falklands. Would have been an interesting match up.

G.95 v Sea Harrier in the Falklands. Would have been an interesting match up.

Not really, the SHAR, unlike the G.95 could use viffing to increase it's agility in combat,
although basing the G.95s on the Falklands themselves would have caused headaches
for the Task Force commanders...

cheers,
Robin.

robunos said:
Not really, the SHAR, unlike the G.95 could use viffing to increase it's agility in combat,

From what I've read, the SHAR didn't use viffing throughout the whole campaign. And with it's
range considerably shorter, than that of the Dagger or A-4, changes for an encounter between
the SHAR and the G.95 would have been quite unlikely, I think. Ok, IF in Argentine service, maybe
some would have been based on the Malvinas ...