Elon Musk made $36 billion in a single day on Tesla’s historic stock surge

Still related to the stock news. https://abc7.com/elon-musk-world-hu...k says he would,funds will solve world hunger.

FOOD & DRINK

Elon Musk willing to donate $6B if UN can show it will solve world hunger

Tuesday, November 2, 2021 11:48AM

EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS

Elon Musk says he would donate $6 billion to the United Nations food agency if it can show how the funds will solve world hunger.

Elon Musk, the richest person in the world, says he will sell $6 billion worth of Tesla stock and donate the proceeds to the United Nations' food agency if it could show how the money would solve world hunger.

His statement came after U.N. World Food Programme Executive Director David Beasley challenged Musk, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and other billionaires in a CNN interview last week, calling on them to step up on "a one-time basis" to help end starvation.

How about investing in sites like this one? I would have saved Toys R US...invested in imagination. Perishables don't last-inspiration does. If I were to die of starvation under a bridge, as payment for anti-gravity, FTL and easy fusion...I would gladly bear the cross. While I haven't missed too many meals..the lack of travel to symposia...not being able to afford books-that gnaws at my soul more than anything. We have to be more than walking stomachs...we can't all be farmers, and we are not to live by bread alone.

Still related to the stock news. https://abc7.com/elon-musk-world-hunger-united-nations-food-agency-un-programme-david-beasley/11191038/#:~:text=Elon Musk says he would,funds will solve world hunger.

FOOD & DRINK

EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS

Elon Musk says he would donate $6 billion to the United Nations food agency if it can show how the funds will solve world hunger.

Elon Musk, the richest person in the world, says he will sell $6 billion worth of Tesla stock and donate the proceeds to the United Nations' food agency if it could show how the money would solve world hunger.

His statement came after U.N. World Food Programme Executive Director David Beasley challenged Musk, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and other billionaires in a CNN interview last week, calling on them to step up on "a one-time basis" to help end starvation.
Funny that a take charge guy like him would be willing to rely on a bureaucracy to solve a major problem - after all, he didn't rely on NASA to revolutionize access to space. I guess his heart is just not into it...

Funny that a take charge guy like him would be willing to rely on a bureaucracy to solve a major problem - after all, he didn't rely on NASA to revolutionize access to space. I guess his heart is just not into it...

Probably because the UN and similar organizations are well known for making pronouncements about how this or that problem could be solved if we just threw more money at it, but are rarely asked to back up those spurious claims.

unnamed.png

Still related to the stock news. https://abc7.com/elon-musk-world-hunger-united-nations-food-agency-un-programme-david-beasley/11191038/#:~:text=Elon Musk says he would,funds will solve world hunger.

FOOD & DRINK

EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS

He's already running 3 companies, each of which have absurdly ambitious goals. His plate is quite full, and I don't blame him for not spinning up a fourth in response to a throwaway comment.