Dutch Signaal M25 and M45 Fire Control?

TacoMensch

ACCESS: Restricted
Joined
27 June 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Hello, I'm interested in the fire control radars of the 1953 De Zeven Provincien cruisers but I have not been able to find information on them beyond the name.

Thanks.
 
The M25 and M45 systems are both later systems, the cruisers had the STARIK / RT E1, the RT C1 for main fire control, RT F1 andd RT G1 systems for secondary and 40mm fire control, and the LA 02 for the control of the 57mm guns. Apart from the 57mm related systems, she shared these with the Friesland class destroyers and the 40mm fire control was used as main fire control on the Holland class destroyers (as those did not have the weight reserves for the full C1 & STARIK combo.

I would have to look again for the references for this, but I researched it some years ago and the result was put on the shipbucket scale component sheet here:
https://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:Dutch_parts_sheet.png
 

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom