vstol

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.vtol.org
overscan said:
Ryan VATOL, 1950s

Source:
Bernard Lindenbaum, V-STOL Concepts and Developed Aircraft Volume 1 - A Historical Report (1940-1986)

Thanks, Overscan, for the reference (it would be great if everyone included references for their postings!).

I didn't realize until I saw your post that there is a 1986 version of this report. I have a 1982 version of the "Final Report" with about 100 fewer pages. My good friend, the late Hal Andrews, was the NAVAIR program manager for this report and he complained that Bernie had spent all the money and taken years to get this far, but had barely scratched the surface of documenting V/STOL designs. I think it would take decades to really have a comprehensive catalog!

;)

So, I found a PDF on a public website of the 1986 version of the report:
http://stinet.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=A175379&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

Is this where you got yours, or is there a better copy out there somewhere? I noticed that these guys are selling the report in PDF for $66!
http://www.stormingmedia.us/97/9735/A973571.html

Any idea if that is any better quality?

Is there a place in the Forum to post documents such as these or links to them?

Thanks!
vstol.

I believe that stormingmedia take their PDFs from public websites and resell them to unsuspecting people. Certainly, they only seem to have PDFs of the reports available in PDF somewhere.

I think there are many reports for Bernard Lindenbaum,but how to get them,we know only
V-STOL and MS-364 ?.

I think there are many reports for Bernard Lindenbaum,but how to get them,we know only
V-STOL and MS-364 ?.

If someone asked,why I mentioned that,because my dear Skyblazer spoke about many
projects in this archive,but in both of these reports,I found some of them only,and no
signs to the others ?!.