Douglas XB-19 -- William Wolf

ov-101

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
http://www.schifferbooks.com/douglas-xb-19-an-illustrated-history-of-americas-would-be-intercontinental-bomber-6138.html
Available January 2017
Size: 8 1/2″ x 11″ | 251 color and b/w photos | 176 pp
ISBN13: 9780764352324 | Binding: hard cover

Attachments

• QQ??20160413095529.jpg
    QQ??20160413095529.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 384
I've heard some pretty negative things about the author William wolf, mainly centering on his U.S. Aerial armaments series of books, lots of things about sloppy editing and referencing , pictures not matching up with descriptions, and the author not taking criticism and negative feedback on his works very well. He has done ALOT of books on subjects I find interesting but I haven't gotten any of his works due to some if he negative feedback.

All of his works have gotten 4-5 Star reviews on Amazon though, which I find kind of surprising.

Much to early for a contents list I presume..?

I'll buy this just for the photos, honestly. If the book is good that will be a bonus!

I want to add it to my wish list, does anybody received it yet?

pometablava said:
I want to add it to my wish list, does anybody received it yet?

I have it. Haven't had a chance to go through in detail yet but at first glance it looks good.

Is this book including initial/projected or other designs ?
Thanks in advance.

Is this book including initial/projected or other designs ?
Thanks in advance.
I have it, and it goes into the other designs like the XBLR-1 Boeing XB-15, I'm not sure exactly what you mean but it goes into the project requirements and things like that. I'd recommend the book. There is the occasional typo, which is strange but its a great book, and a for sure reference book. Definitely the most researched and in depth source on the plane.

-Stannum

I obtained the book a time ago. It was not what I had expected.
Much to much material taken from technical manuals and of all kind kind of reports. So , I took copies of the 30 most interesting pages the cover and contents list and gave the book to away...

Back
Top Bottom