Dornberger's space projects for Bell Aircraft

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
For lack of a proper place to post this (I'll move it later on) who could help me identify this American rocket bomber described as the "Spring Bomber" and supposedly influenced by the work of Eugen Sänger and his wife Irene Bredt? It looks a bit like some Bell-related projects I seem to recall, but I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Spring Bomber.jpg
    Spring Bomber.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 438
And another artist's concept of what I believe to be a variant of the same:

Attachments

• unknown rocket.jpg
    unknown rocket.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 410
I'm glad those guys got to do what they really wanted (working on space flight).

I'd vote for Bell (Ehricke/Dornberger)

Stargazer2006 said:
For lack of a proper place to post this (I'll move it later on) who could help me identify this American rocket bomber described as the "Spring Bomber" and supposedly influenced by the work of Eugen Sänger and his wife Irene Bredt? It looks a bit like some Bell-related projects I seem to recall, but I'm not sure...

Hi,im struck by how much it looks like this?,from a modeller,s perspective....

286_zps414a11f8.jpg

287_zps808284aa.jpg

288_zps6cf19924.jpg

302_zps745b020b.jpg

in my humble opinion,cheers Don

Stargazer2006 said:
For lack of a proper place to post this (I'll move it later on) who could help me identify this American rocket bomber described as the "Spring Bomber"...

It's the Bell/Dornberger hypersonic rocket passenger transport.
Dornberger-Ultra-Plane.jpg

jetboy said:
Stargazer2006 said:
Hi,im struck by how much it looks like this?,from a modeller,s perspective....
286_zps414a11f8.jpg

287_zps808284aa.jpg

288_zps6cf19924.jpg

302_zps745b020b.jpg

in my humble opinion,cheers Don

You got a lot of cool stuff, dude!

Bob Clark

And so the endless circle of life comes to an end, meaningless and grim. Why did they live, and why did they die? No reason. Two hundred million years of evolution snuffed out, for in the end Nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.

Not necessarily nothing if we choose to LEARN from it:

quote-the-dinosaurs-became-extinct-because-they-didn-t-have-a-space-program-and-if-we-become-extinct-larry-niven-256110.jpg

Bob Clark

Justo Miranda said:

An intriguing technical question: were the dinosaurs too big to have a space program? Imagine a Moon ship for three brontosaurii ...

Bob Clark

;) An unmanned spaceship hurtles towards certain destruction, unless the Doctor can save it, along with its impossible cargo... of dinosaurs! By his side are a ragtag gang of adventurers: a big game hunter, an Egyptian queen and a surprised member of the Pond family. But little does the Doctor know that there is someone else onboard who will stop at nothing to keep hold of his precious, prehistoric cargo.

Attachments

• series7ep2.jpg
    series7ep2.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 27

that's is another German design by Kraft Arnold Ehricke, for Convair.

RGClark said:
Justo Miranda said:

An intriguing technical question: were the dinosaurs too big to have a space program? Imagine a Moon ship for three brontosaurii ...

Bob Clark

They would never have made it,because they did not have German Scientist... ;D

this one, Houston we got serious problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wK3LogJvJE

Some additional info here

Attachments

• Ehricke 005.jpg
    Ehricke 005.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Ehricke 004.jpg
    Ehricke 004.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Ehricke 003.jpg
    Ehricke 003.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 122