Do these projects have any basis in reality?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score

Attachments

• Hypersonic of Germany.JPG
    Hypersonic of Germany.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 504
  • Hypersonic of Soviet.JPG
    Hypersonic of Soviet.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 490
the sanger antipodal and possible soviet derivatives is totally postwar secret projects.

Hi,

they were a real designs;
http://greyfalcon.us/Sanger.htm

BTW Hesham, who told you that they both are hypersonic? Look at the first plane (fighter?) with the pulse engine:

Max speed at sea level........850 km/h
Max speed in stratosphere...750 km/h

Nothing more to add....

Matej said:
BTW Hesham, who told you that they both are hypersonic? Look at the first plane (fighter?) with the pulse engine:

Max speed at sea level........850 km/h
Max speed in stratosphere...750 km/h

Nothing more to add....

Except: http://www.luft46.com/misc/skp14.html

Skoda Kauba SK P.14.01 and P.14.02, using Sanger-designed "straight" (not pulsed) ramjets.

Regards,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Denmark

With the possible exception of the Zosser rocket, I'd have to wave my BS flag pretty high on the other projects. And even then, the Zossen design was an interpretation of this picture in Joseph P Farrell's book SS Brotherhood Of The Bell. A fun read but not to be taken seriously. At least on here anyway. ;D

However, in Brotherhood, makes the claim that "Project Zossen" was the inspiration and basis for the Soviet R-7.

Before you guys rip me to shreds, let me re-iterate: A fun read but not to be taken seriously. At least on here anyway.

Attachments

• bndelraketerv9.jpg
    bndelraketerv9.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 68
I can only agree with the above posts. My first thoughts on seeing the models for sale were:

1) Is Friedrich Georg strapped for cash, since he starts selling off his models?
and
2) How will he illustrate his books in the future, if he manages to sell said models?
;)

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

As far I know that models are definitely a fake, they are consistent only with the Georg's book drawings.

The Zossen clearly derived by Russian R7 rocket, while Dornberger has never designed rocket or spacecraft, he was more a "manager" than a technician.

Those models are definitely fake

Skoda Kauba Atom-Hyperschallflugzeug
Projekt "Ross und Reiter"
Jagdeinsitzer "Pfeil"
there are nowhere close to a real Aerospace construction

Dornberger Orbitalflugzeugprojekt
Bündelrakete Projekt ZOSSEN
I have my doubts whether they are real projects

regarding Bundelrakete projekt ZOSSEN....
looking at the pictures from Ebay, in the one showing the bottom view,
re-posted below, the arrowed part appears to be the kit part of the
flame deflector/base plate of a V-2 launcher.
I hardly think a real rocket would use such a component in it's construction.

cheers,
Robin.

Attachments

• bundelrakete bottom view.jpg
    bundelrakete bottom view.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 66
Is Friedrich Georg strapped for cash, since he starts selling off his models?

I agree with Thomas.

That models are extremely expensive and look awful.

Pure fake :p

TsrJoe said:
cheers, was thinking same when i saw them apart from the 'arrow winged' design which might have some basis ?

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.aviation.military/2007-05/msg02030.html

http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1092

any thoughts ?

I'm not a member on Luftwaffe-experten, but a Usenet post about a project by Rob Arndt is a pretty good sign that it is at least suspect.

As far as I can make out, this is not the collection of the great Friedrich Georg being sold off due to the recession! A chap named Rudolf Vogel seems to have a company called Bird Models, which makes models of the Friedrich Georg "designs". A bit of search engine work will show up a few other models, such as a rocket allegedly designed by Sanger - kind of like a V2 with engines in nacelles up forward! I used to like looking at Friedrich Georg's "forum", before it was taken down - probably because of political reasons! As someone said, alternate history stuff is often not so much "what if...", more "if only..." Now, I'm not saying that's what Herr georg and Herr Vogel are thinking, but...
Grif Ingram.

I once heard SF author Frank Herbert discuss Jules Verne and H G Wells' fantastic inventions. He used the words "His machines looked like the machines of his time, not the machines of our time."

These look very much like the very fast aircraft of their time.