"Die deutsche Luftfahrt" vol. 34 - German Rocketplanes and Spaceplane Projects

boxkite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
... is published now.

243 pages with illustrations, written by Koelle, Sacher and Grallert, ISBN 978-3-7637-6126-5

Some of the described items:
Sänger Raketenfernbomber
Junkers RT-1 (1963)
Junkers RT-8-01 (1965)
Bölkow BORAS (ca. 1967 / never heard before)
ERNO designs
Dassault spaceplane proposal (from the 1960s / Do you know this, Jens?)
Hawker Siddeley Mach 12 spaceplane with scramjet engine(s) (from the 1960s)
Hermes (different configurations)/Maia
MBB Sänger II (incl. HORUS)
MBB HST 230
HYTEX (different layouts)
FESTIP studies FSSC-01/-3/-4/-5/-9/-12T/et cetera
Dornier/MBB EARL II
Hopper
Neptun (heavy space transport system/1989 by Technical University Berlin)
MBB BETA II (ballistic space transport/also a variant for space tourism with 100 pax)
MBB HYPAC
Phoenix/Phoenix 2
JAPHAR (Joint Airbreathing Propulsion for Hypersonic Application Research)
EXTV

Don't forget, guys, it's completely written in German language ... ;D

flateric said:
How to get it?

Flateric hit the fact.
How to get it?

Anyway German is not a problem, at least for me... ;)

I'm seriously interested to reconstruct the drawings of the Junkers RT-8.
The only reference I had is a Gatland's book of '69.

archipeppe said:
flateric said:
How to get it?

Flateric hit the fact.
How to get it?

Me too!

BSP: Hypersonics, Ramjets and Missiles; Military Space Projects; the coming Russian book on Spiral et al.; and now this... :eek:

Re: "Die deutsche Luftfahrt" vol. 34 - German Rocketplanes and Spaceplane Projec

One of the authors is THAT Koelle ??? :eek:

If the projects are German why are the Dassault and Hawker Siddely ones in it?

I do not speak/read German so would you say that it has a good amount of pictures to be of interest.

Regards,
Barry

Re: "Die deutsche Luftfahrt" vol. 34 - German Rocketplanes and Spaceplane Projec

The Space Transport may be this one. And the reason, why it is included probably is
a co-operation, maybe with ERNO, as in the case with the similar Nord space transport.
(from Aviation Week 1965 1-9)

Attachments

• Dassault-Space-Transport.JPG
    Dassault-Space-Transport.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 192

Skybolt said:
One of the authors is THAT Koelle ??? :eek:

Dietrich E. Koelle (* in 1935) started his career at Bölkow in 1961. He was head of the development of the ELDO Europa I third stage. Further projects he was involved: TV-SAT, Galileo propulsion modul for NASA/JPL, SPAS platform, Sänger program, 'landing gear' of the DC-X Delta Clipper.

What is the reason of your question, Skybolt?

I thought the author was H.H. Koelle, one of the youngest member of the German Team in Huntsville with Von Braun, head of the Future Systems at MFSC, manager of the NOVA an post-Saturn studies with contractors like Martin, Douglas (Phil Bono), GD (Erhicke), Truax. And BTW, father of the Neptune (which owes its name to Arthur Clarke "2001").
A remarkable person http://www.ilr.tu-berlin.de/koelle/

flateric said:
How to get it?
Well, if all else fails, amazon.de is always an option for a German book ;):

http://www.amazon.de/Deutsche-Raketenflugzeuge-Raumflugzeug-Projekte-Die-Luftfahrt/dp/3763761268/

I thought the author was H.H. Koelle, one of the youngest member of the German Team in Huntsville with Von Braun, head of the Future Systems at MFSC, manager of the NOVA an post-Saturn studies with contractors like Martin, Douglas (Phil Bono), GD (Erhicke), Truax. And BTW, father of the Neptune (which owes its name to Arthur Clarke "2001").
A remarkable person http://www.ilr.tu-berlin.de/koelle/
I'm a bit late to this particular party, but Dietrich Koelle is Heinz-Hermann Koelle's son. Professionally, he followed his father's footsteps and worked on advanced space systems studies and concepts, including reusable launch vehicles, at MBB/EADS/Astrium and developed an RLV cost model named Transcost.

Back
Top Bottom