Did the USSR have radar aiming, quadruple 25mm naval gun?

Those large quad mounts look more like the 57mm type mounts.

Yes, the larger turrets are definitely meant to be ZIF-75 quad 57mm mounts. It's the little pillbox ones mixed I that are probably meant to be 37mm (or maybe someone scaled down the 37mm to simulate a fake quad 25mm)

The question is where do you get this from (chinese modder)? i look on Soviet ships high-tier models none of them have radar guided mounts 25mm. The 25mm/79 did existed however, they're post-war Soviet AA mounts, the quad mounts designated as 4M-120 are mounted on Stalingrad, Pr.41 DD and Project 24 battleships.
The bigger quad AA mounts are 57mm ZIF-75 just in case anyone confuse.

The question is where do you get this from (chinese modder)? i look on Soviet ships high-tier models none of them have radar guided mounts 25mm. The 25mm/79 did existed however, they're post-war Soviet AA mounts, the quad mounts designated as 4M-120 are mounted on Stalingrad, Pr.41 DD and Project 24 battleships.
The bigger quad AA mounts are 57mm ZIF-75 just in case anyone confuse.

Well··········This modder often creates his own weapons

The Soviets actually had a quadruple 25mm mounting which was designated firstly as BL-120 and then (after the fall of Lavrentiy Beria, as 'BL' stood for his initials) 4M-120. Two such mountings were actually installed in 1954 aboard the 'Neustrashimy' destroyer (Project 41) besides four SM-16 twin 45mm stabilised mountings. After a short time all those AA guns were replaced by four 'standard' SM-21 quadruple 45mm (not stablilised) mountings.

Below you've got two drawings of the BL-120/4M-120. Unfortunately I've never found any photos showing the mounting.

Attachments

• 01_4M120.png
    01_4M120.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 02_4M120.png
    02_4M120.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom