CTOL electric aircraft vs conventional

Silencer1

That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!
Reaction score
I have a very general answer about all-electric aircraft, perhaps, it should be separated from this thread?
Anyway: unlike traditional "liquid-fuel" aircraft, electrical ones didn't loss any parts of their weight during the flight. This changes a bit calculation of range, and prevents aircraft to rise the flight ceiling according to loss of fuel weight. We could say, that such aircraft would have much simpler flight profile. What advantages and disadvantages it gives?
At least, I noted one issue: emergency landing should be made with same weigh as take-off: no more circling around airfield in order to consume fuel. Perhaps, batteries are not dangerous during crashes, but higher g-loads would be achieved.

P.S. Perhaps, in the future in-flight-rechraging became and ordinary procedure?
If so, we need new standards to Plug-n-Play *-)

You use a large part of your storage to get airborne, so tethering at takeoff might help. That pesky power to weight problem only gets worse with range. But as long as you can work within your range and power parameters, you are golden.

Speaking of which - the Soviet Union considered very low speed transport aircraft based upon glider designs and using winches or towing to get aloft when fully loaded: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...d-glider-transport-aircraft.10100/#post-94386

A major downside was the low flight speeds and long transit times (especially if a headwind emerged). Quite impressive given that a lot of them were powered by the same engine as a U-2 training bi-plane though!