Covid-19 Vaccine - Where, How & Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the hell did I just red ?

...this is DYNAMITE !

That kind of leaks and information won't help cooling the WHO inquiry, related to Wuhan Pasteur P4 lab going disastrously wrong...

At least this is coherent with Shi Zhengli long term research that has been mentionned many times.
She was scared to death by the 2002-2003 SARS outbreak and went looking for "bat coronavirus ticking bombs", and then the Wuhan / Pasteur / P4 lab started an "inventory" of Coronavirus (including the ones found on the 2012 miners bitten in that cave while looking for coal or guano).

I'm no conspirationist by any mean, but the entire story starts to make a lot of sense
- 2003 SARS
- Shi Zhengli long-term research
- 2012 miners bat-related illness
- Wuhan lab specially created to help that research
- that 2018 grant now
- the ongoing shitstorm since 2019
- the WHO inquiry

I'm NOT saying the chinese made a bioweapon; not even they tweaked the Virus (2012-Netherlands style: make it spread faster to help its study)
It could be just that an unmodified but naturally dangerous virus taken out of its cave and bats, escaped from the "Wuhan coronavirus inventory".

One people makes a huge mistake... and bad things happen.

In that peculiar case
Bioweapon or not, it was just a matter of an idiot a) removing a filter and b) not telling anybody, or not clearly,
that led to massive death of people.

Last edited:
There was a (UK) Channel 4 documentary a few weeks ago that made some very interesting claims. Surprised it hasn't been picked up on here...

Just applying for funding doesn't mean that either you'll get it, or that you'll pass the ethics board.
On the other hand, a lot of their funding seems have bypassed anything resembling an ethics board.

Good for our French National Singer, Serge Lama

(some years ago in Bordeaux some drunkards idiots "borrowed" a lama from a circus and gave it a tour of the city, including taking selfies in the tramway with the animal. Of course they called him Serge the Lama, since the singer above is born in Bordeaux. Drunk people are really stupid - and funny at times.)

The following is a summary of some recent studies on COVID-19. They include research that warrants further study to corroborate the findings and that have yet to be certified by peer review.

Not looking good in Romania due to low vaccination rates.

The protection provided by Covid-19 vaccines appears to wane over time, especially for people 65 and older, a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention expert said Wednesday.
Ruth Link-Gelles, who helps lead the CDC's Vaccine Effectiveness Team, reviewed a series of studies looking at the overall effectiveness of vaccines in various groups between February and August and found similar patterns for Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccines, both made using mRNA.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get banned posting my opinion of those antivaxxers and what societies should do to those who demonstrably cause death, so I invite everyone to use their imaginations. Happy Sunday!

Last edited:
With more than 18 months of the pandemic in the rearview mirror, researchers have been steadily gathering new and important insights into the effects of COVID-19 on the body and brain. These findings are raising concerns about the long-term impacts that the coronavirus might have on biological processes such as aging.

As a cognitive neuroscientist, my past research has focused on understanding how normal brain changes related to aging affect people’s ability to think and move – particularly in middle age and beyond. But as more evidence came in showing that COVID-19 could affect the body and brainfor months or longer following infection, my research team became interested in exploring how it might also impact the natural process of aging.

Regarding the above article it does not state if being fully vaccinated shields you from this issue.

Last edited:
So the world is doomed... we will all end Simpsonized, between a) people simpsonized by even mild COVID and b) antivaxx that are Simpsons-born.

D'oh, d'oh, d'oh ! as would say Frank "gremlins" Grimes.

Regarding the above article it does not state if being fully vaccinated shields you from this issue.
Let's hope it doesn't become another situation like encephalitis lethargica. Scientists have never confirmed what caused encephalitis lethargica, a link to influenza has been more or less ruled out (the last EL pandemic during 1915-26 overlapped with that of Spanish flu) but it is now thought to be an enterovirus that caused it.
The scary thing was patients could have recovered for years and seemed quite well before the post-encephalitic syndrome kicked in.
We know that Covid-19 does cause some element of brain damage, what if that damage never repairs or gets worse? We won't know until time ticks by but it could be a huge public health timebomb in the making and another reason why the blasé attitude by many people could be dangerous.

I see that the "It's the END of the World - Again" has moved to Monday from the weekend.

If only it were that easy... It appears that there will always be that relatively small number who will refuse. In other news, Wall Street is already looking at three antiviral pills that are in trials now. An announcement of the completion of trials, if not actual actual emergency use approval by the end of this year. In brief, these pills can stop the virus from replicating in the body. I have every reason to believe that scientists and researchers are moving at maximum speed. They have families too.

It appears that there will always be that relatively small number who will refuse.
Ya those are the ones who fell in love with contrarianism and holding the rest of us hostage for funsies to the Big Pause Button known as quarantine and lockdown. I understand why these extreme measures were necessary before, but they make zero sense in a post-vaccine world.

There’s a bit of a puzzle here in Japan over the falling numbers, because pedestrian traffic in the big city centers has been increasing greatly, which should mean more infections.

Possible reasons:

1. Enough people are vaccinated (50%) that most are getting mild cases and not entering the medical system.
2. The people likely to take risks with Covid have already got it, and so those who have recovered have high immunity. Conversely, those who don’t take risks have continued shielding themselves from the virus.
3. Infection countermeasures (masking, distance, ventilation, early closing) have had a good effect.

If the data is solid, it’s likely a combination of the three.

They’ll have to be careful they don’t let this get away from them especially with a slow vaccine roll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.