Covid-19 Vaccine - Where, How & Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of more than 51,000 Covid deaths in England between January and July 2021, only 256 occurred after two doses.

They were mostly people at very high risk from illness from Covid-19.
"Breakthrough" deaths tend to happen in the most vulnerable, men and those with weakened immune systems, with the average age being 84.

But overall numbers were very small - they accounted for only 0.5% of all deaths from Covid-19 over the first six months of the year.
Among those who died after two doses, 13% were immunocompromised, 61% were male and more than 75% were clinically extremely vulnerable.

In the UK, 80% of people aged 16 and over have had two doses and nearly 90% have had one dose.

Since vaccinations were offered to priority, high-risk groups first - as advised by the UK's vaccine advisory body - comparing the number of deaths in vaccinated and unvaccinated groups over time is not useful.

As more and more people are vaccinated, the numbers of fully vaccinated people infected with Covid who then die from it will also grow - although Covid deaths are much lower now than they were before vaccines.
Covid deaths rare among fully vaccinated - ONS https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58545548

This is an updated version with more stats of the article I posted earlier.

The hugely complex job of projecting the future of the pandemic.

Also how much is Israel a canary in the coal mine when it comes to Covid amongst the vaccinated. As ever the story is very complex and impacted by multiple factors.

Last edited:
Moderator alert:

Time to close the thread?

Please, remember that personal attacks are not allowed

The hugely complex job of projecting the future of the pandemic.

Not an expert but I find this impossible to believe. Early on, the known settings were identified. Or, stay away from pack them in like sardines situations. Stay away from bars. Stay away from restaurants. And large events where people are, or can be, standing nearly shoulder to shoulder. Holidays? Fer cryin' out loud. We've gone through a year and a half of holidays and people have behaved extremely predictably. Some store owners, desperate to stay open, either closed or tried to reopen only to get shut down again shortly after. In the U.S., as of today, restaurants are struggling because people drove all over the place - regardless of advisories from the CDC to the contrary - and regardless of the increased risk from the current variant. Over the Labor Day weekend, millions of people traveled. Millions.

Bottom line? The behavior of most people has been demonstrated. The DATA is there. And now there is still some "complexity"? Where? What have people done that they have not already done? Not everyone, even in high risk groups, gets a flu shot every year.

Two more US prominent anti-vaxxers have paid the ultimate price.

Shouldn’t mandatory face masks be in plan a, not plan b.

With all due respect to national governments and health authorities, the primary problem is increasing pressure from businesses. "We're losing money here." Whether it's England or Australia or the U.S., the ' blink and you missed it' stories point out that we're losing billions of Pounds/Dollars and we need the average person back out in our stores or venues spending money. Now. Today. Imagine cruise lines suing state governments for access to ports. It happened.

Why did the NHS get criticized for vaccine passports? Why were they viewed as "problematic"? Apparently, checking IDs for underaged people is not problematic. But ask them for their vaccine status? Well, a few might turn away and NOT spend any money.

Two more US prominent anti-vaxxers have paid the ultimate price.

What "like Smiley" should I put there, I have no idea. The SAD or the LOL one ? I'm torn...

Best part was this

For more than a week, her supporters besieged Resurrection with demands that Wolski be given ivermectin. The medication is typically used to treat diseases caused by parasitic worms

Well indeed they were right. Use of "parasitic worms" is quite appropriate to treat Qanon supporters... except as a term rather than a cure.
LMAO

Last edited:
I'm not the only one drawing list of dead antivax...

I put "antivax""dead" on Google search - and the death toll is clearly mounting. So is the absolute idiocy and stubborness up to the very last breath...

Wait for the tinfoil hatters to start saying they were assassinated (I work on the assumption that in the race to the bottom, there is no finish line).

TLDR, School Age Immunisation Service medics (who already deliver other vaccines in schools) can vaccinate any 12-15yo child who wants it if they're judged to have Gillick Competence (basically, to understand what they're asking for), no matter what their parents say. That's pretty much what Gillick Competence exists for in law, so good!

In the rush to get businesses back open, and dollars flowing, Broadway reopens.

Meanwhile, owners and managers of football teams are expecting packed stadiums as the NFL season starts. That's right -- PACKED stadiums, as in we NEED the money... And considering what the average NFL player gets paid, it appears they do. Meanwhile, a request to any billionaires out there: Could you send me 100 million dollars? I think I could scrape by on that. Real money only. NO BITCOIN. Will consider gold bars.

I don't understand what I view as a somewhat ghoulish fascination with so-called """"anti-vaxxers"""". I mean, nothing, as in nothing, is being done about them. Nothing. So when they die, what? "There was great rejoicing?" Seriously?

And surprising no one that her claims were false.
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (Reuters) - Trinidad and Tobago Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh on Wednesday criticized as “false” the claim by American rapper Nicki Minaj that a person on the Caribbean island suffered swollen testicles after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.

I don't understand what I view as a somewhat ghoulish fascination with so-called """"anti-vaxxers"""". I mean, nothing, as in nothing, is being done about them. Nothing. So when they die, what? "There was great rejoicing?" Seriously?

Nope. Let me reassure you: Bigard and Lalanne are alive, and well, thank you. I was pocking fun at a) their 180 degree faceturn and b) the immediate consequences: the people they had hysterized turning against them.

So apparently Nicki Minaj just wants to "do more research" before having the vaccine.

Because apparently we can't trust the opinion of vaccine researchers, immunologists, doctors etc; what this subject really needs is a rapper to get to the bottom of things.

The funniest part to me was when the alleged bride in the story declined to further go into it and canceled the marriage!

Romance in hip hop music is dead...

Or this was just another American cheap publicity stunt. The words rap and music should never appear in the same sentence. For the record...

Status
Not open for further replies.