COVID-19 Pandemic - stay indoors and be safe, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some actual legitimate info for readers (I have a close relative that has tested positive and I found this link useful and reassuring).

It has pretty much been confirmed:

And I don't like your aggressive tone. For that you'd know I worked 20y ago on Nox and CO2 mitigation through CFD paramatrical analysis and was involved in pollen particule dispersions, two subjects very much in line with the present situation.

Too bad. You're suffering from a common error of technical people; assuming that expertise in one area is relevant in an unrelated area. Pollen and viruses are different (orders of magnitude different in size, which should have obvious impacts on dispersal).

If the claims you are making about airborne viral transmission were actually supported by evidence, the CDC and WHO would be making very different recommendations. The fact that they are not is a pretty clear indication that COVID-19 is not being dispersed the way you think.

No @Orionblamblam , I am not comparing pollen with a Virus and Covid. Should I need to write this down, really, Really ?

Pollen is a generic particle to deal with dispersion. You'll found a range of literature dealing with Pollen where people not really think at those tiny seeds that make you sneeze but have in mind things way more nasty.

In the present conversation, what I posted here and on the other thread is what have then been published afterward in the French news paper that I linked (Liberation - on of the French main stream news paper). The partial ineptitude that complete the article as quoted by the person making the revelation to the public suggests someone that has not the expertise required to come to such analysis. A surprising mix IMOHO but certainly a better way where you should point your skepticism (@TomS ).

Last edited:
Regarding the 6 feet apart rule, I've just seen an excellent comment online . . .

"SIX FEET APART, OR SIX FEET UNDER. YOUR CHOICE !"

Don't know how far 6 feet is ? 'Do the Dalek' ! Put your arm straight out in front of you and make a fist. DON'T TOUCH ANYBODY OR ANYTHING ! Double this distance and add a bit. That's 6 feet . . .

cheers,
Robin.

The Libération article linked to is an interview with Vincent-Henri Peuch, Head of the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS).
Peuch in turn refers to an article in The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJ) which touches on the interval in which SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 remains infectious under different circumstances. The interval when the virus resides on airborne particles is in the order of 3 hours, the interval when the virus resides on copper (4 hours), cardboard (24 hours), stainless steel (much reduced after 48 hours) and plastic (much reduced after 72 hours)
CAMS is involved in tracking air pollution in, among many other regions, Northern Italy. Mr Peuch says viruses on airborne particles could be a factor in spreading the disease; he goes on to say that, as yet, no proof has been found of that.
He then discusses gaseous pollution and airborne particles, including pollen, in relation to the susceptibilty of asthma-sufferers and others with respiratory diseases to the virus. A polluted environment increases the risk for this part of the population - Mr Peuch mentions 25% of Europeans are allergic to pollen.

Looking at the numbers from NEJ, the virus travelling on airborne particles could be a factor. Think somebody sneezing in a crowded train or shop - plenty of droplets in the air, but for a limited time. The 3 hour infectious interval airborne, in contrast with the virus surviving up to 72 hours (or more) on stainless steel and plastic suggests that the virus travelling long distances is far more likely to be caused by infected individuals travelling the long distances.

Should you be doing your shopping in the night time? If that makes you feel better, certainly. Think placebo effect.

No @Orionblamblam , I am not comparing pollen with a Virus and Covid. Should I need to write this down, really, Really ?

Give that there is *zero* similarity between pollen and viruses, then, maybe you shouldn't have made the comparison in the first place.

Pollen is a generic particle to deal with dispersion.

So are bullets and shotgun pellets. I've shot a lot of guns, as all of us doubtless have. That thus makes me an expert in how a virus can fly supersonic ballistic trajectories and reproduce in the presence of dioxygen diflouride and improve your chances of salvation and is both a floor wax *and* a desert topping.

Don't know how far 6 feet is ? 'Do the Dalek' ! Put your arm straight out in front of you and make a fist. DON'T TOUCH ANYBODY OR ANYTHING ! Double this distance and add a bit. That's 6 feet . . .

A simpler solution would be to simply carry a saber. If you come near another person, cross sabers... if the blades go more than about half their length, you're too close.

Any politician who tells people that they are not allowed to carry sabers (or katanas, cane swords, good sized machetes, rapiers, etc.) is working against the health of the public.

Food is a category of chemical.

A simpler solution would be to simply carry a saber. If you come near another person, cross sabers... if the blades go more than about half their length, you're too close.

Any politician who tells people that they are not allowed to carry sabers (or katanas, cane swords, good sized machetes, rapiers, etc.) is working against the health of the public.
That's the 'London Version', performed by young men in the capital . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Give that there is *zero* similarity between pollen and viruses, then, maybe you shouldn't have made the comparison in the first place.

Did I made it? The report made it. I explained how I understand it and on what relevant experience my opinion is based.

At least this conversation is a a proof at legal level that we are all abbiding by the rule of the lock down...

Forgive me a minute but it's time for me to walk the golden fish.

Last edited:
Don't play with the chemicals kids. They can be dangerous.

The trick is to convince these *special* people to avoid *all* chemicals because chemicals are, as they all know, evil and artificial.

There are a lot of "special" people out there sadly.

That's not fair though really. We all have our "special" moments...
So far, mine doesn't include eating Tide-Pods and aquarium cleaner. ;)

To give you an idea of the kind of ruthless bastards I use to work with... my station manager (working for our MRO company) took some mask and gel inside a grounded aircraft, per lack of better solution - it is impossible to find any mask or antiseptic gel in the entire France.
He told that to the airline own manager "please, we need some of this stuff to protect ourself - replenish what we took from the aircraft, of course, but also provide some to us."
The SOB manager from the airline simply replied
"It is my understanding, your company, the MRO, takes care of its employees".

Classy. So nice. But typical of the man. He terrorize everybody inside and outside the company.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 748.jpg
    748.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • 749.jpg
    749.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 750.jpg
    750.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 751.jpg
    751.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 752.jpg
    752.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 753.jpg
    753.jpg
    762.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 754.jpg
    754.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 755.jpg
    755.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 756.jpg
    756.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 757.jpg
    757.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 39
I hope this will be hepful

Attachments

• 758.jpg
    758.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 759.jpg
    759.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 760.jpg
    760.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 761.jpg
    761.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 762.jpg
    762.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 763.jpg
    763.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 764.jpg
    764.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 765.jpg
    765.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 766.jpg
    766.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 767.jpg
    767.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 29
Regarding the 6 feet apart rule, I've just seen an excellent comment online . . .

cheers,
Robin.
Sounds like a simpler description for visualising six feet is to just stretch out both arms to the side and do the Vitruvian Man :).

Last edited:
Don't play with the chemicals kids. They can be dangerous.

The trick is to convince these *special* people to avoid *all* chemicals because chemicals are, as they all know, evil and artificial.

There are a lot of "special" people out there sadly.

That's not fair though really. We all have our "special" moments...
So far, mine doesn't include eating Tide-Pods and aquarium cleaner. ;)

LOL. But it's still early right? :D

cheers,
Robin.
Sounds like a simpler description for visualising six feet is to just stretch out both arms to the side and do the Vitruvian Man :).

Hopefully not naked ROTFL

Last edited:
I have been taking the opportunity to improve my diet, I now only eat beans and brussel sprouts, not doing much for my weight but it helps big time with the social distancing.

I have been taking the opportunity to improve my diet, I now only eat beans and brussel sprouts, not doing much for my weight but it helps big time with the social distancing.

As we say in french "salut, ça gaze ?"

Status
Not open for further replies.