Competitors designs to rival the Aichi B7A Grace

T-50

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hello I'm searching for rival designs of a follow on of the Nakajima B5N Kate and the B6N Jill,the winner was the Aichi B7A Grace.But I'm very curious if the Nakajima,Mitsubishi,or other Japanese company's has similar designs to succeed the previous Kate and Jill torpedo bomber.
I hope some one can help me to acquire info or pics

There are no rival for Aichi B7A Grace. IJN ordered to develop attack bomer and dive bomber unified aircraft only to Aichi.
This concept was same as Douglas A1D Skyraider.

Thanks guys for the info,OK I understand there was no rival design to the B7A Grace but I know there was a successor to this plane in developmend.This plane was called the Mokusei,I believe it means shooting star in Japanese.
I want to know if there is some more info on this project also from the Aichi company,I hope that someone can help me with it

In Japanese, Mokusei(木星) is Jupiter, shooting star is Ryusei(流星,B7A). ;)

yes blackkite you re rightwhat the meaning of mokusei consurns, but I know that Achi was developing a successor to the B7A at the end of the war.
The only information I have of this project is,it was a much smaller aircraft than the Ryusei and a lot faster.And they called this new projected bomber also Mokusei.Sadly it didn't progress further than the initial layout phase

See http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6691.0.html

...little info under reply 4... :-\

Thanks very much for the info Maveric, now I at least know that this project was called the B8A1,I wonder if there are artist impressions of the Aichi B8A1 or more info about its planned performance,payload,how many crew members etc

Back
Top Bottom