Can I come back to Aerospace Career?

litzj

BLOG : http://jaesan-aero.blogspot.com/
Reaction score
Website
jaesan-aero.blogspot.com
I have aerospace ph.d with aerodynamics and worked for KAI about one and half year as aero/flight physics engineer.
I thought aerospace career in my country is too dark, and moved to electronics company using cfd tools.

Then, I realized I can get Greencard without work authoriziation with my qualification.
I almost completed the process, however, immigrant visa work is hold by US president.

After this year, I expect immigrant process will be resumed.

Because of covid19 and holding US immigrant process, working period of the electronic company is getting longer...
(even it also uses cfd tools)

Can I Successfully Comeback to US Aerospace Career in next year?

Oh for myself, I am making several tools to hold my sense in aerospace area.

Wait until after the November election to see if President Trump is still in office.
Much as Americans hate to admit it, their birth rate is below replacement rate, so they need to attract immigrants to keep their industry running. If the USA is smart, they will preference to well-educated (e.g. pHd) immigrants.

I realized I can get Greencard without work authorization with my qualification
Are you sure that's the case? I know it's easier to get a greencard if you have an advanced degree, but i thought you still needed a company to sponsor your H1B visa. it's certainly easier for a company to justify hiring you (as opposed to a US citizen) if they can prove you have rare skills (and having a PhD certainly helps in that regard).