Can I get some comments about getting US aerospace industry by EB2(NIW)?

litzj

BLOG : http://jaesan-aero.blogspot.com/
Reaction score
Website
jaesan-aero.blogspot.com
I have achieved Doctoral degree in aerospace engineering and have few years of experience.

Recently, I have looked EB2 Visa via NIW for getting job in US aerospace industry specifically for aerodynamics and performance.
But I realized qualification for aerodynamics job is very strict; minimum requirement is Citizen-ship or Permanent residence (green card holders)

Is there possibility to get a aerodynamic job in US with NIW status? or should I give up?

I know this site is not purpose for this, but there are lots of formal/current aerospace engineers in here.
I want to listen advice not from lawyers but from engineers or current workers.

Thanks

Pretty much any professional aerodynamics job in the US would require access to data that is subject to export controls under ITAR, which requires US citizenship or legal permanent residence status.

My opener is: Do Not Give Up! It's daunting, and you are in for less-than-fun multi-year process to get to a green card. But it's very possible if you want to come here, especially as you have a doctorate. Make sure you lead with that as much as you can.

While employees who have gone through the process are a good resource, your best bet is to talk to companies who you would like to work for. To get you into an ITAR field, they would need to get you licensed via a DSP-5 (for civilian/non-classified) or DSP-85 (military/classified), which is essentially a license to "export" the data you're working on to you, for however many years it takes to end up with a green card. Since they will be on the hook for any problems with that license, they're going to have a process to determine who they want to have it and how they want to go about it. Similarly, they will have internal requirements and plans for things like sponsoring employees for H-1Bs and managing all the other nonsense we might put in your way. So find email addresses or phone numbers on their websites and keep going until you find someone that appears to know what they're talking about, and get them to give you a rundown.

Moose said:
My opener is: Do Not Give Up! It's daunting, and you are in for less-than-fun multi-year process to get to a green card. But it's very possible if you want to come here, especially as you have a doctorate. Make sure you lead with that as much as you can.

While employees who have gone through the process are a good resource, your best bet is to talk to companies who you would like to work for. To get you into an ITAR field, they would need to get you licensed via a DSP-5 (for civilian/non-classified) or DSP-85 (military/classified), which is essentially a license to "export" the data you're working on to you, for however many years it takes to end up with a green card. Since they will be on the hook for any problems with that license, they're going to have a process to determine who they want to have it and how they want to go about it. Similarly, they will have internal requirements and plans for things like sponsoring employees for H-1Bs and managing all the other nonsense we might put in your way. So find email addresses or phone numbers on their websites and keep going until you find someone that appears to know what they're talking about, and get them to give you a rundown.

Thanks for your comments. Frankly, I am hard to understand the process you describe.

I want to find succeeding fore-runner case of achieving US aerospace job with NIW visa.
Because, friend of my relatives living in US present negative opinion about this; he did not succeeding case like this.