C-141

hermankeil

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Earlier today I saw a camoflaged C-141 going into Buckley AFB, Denver. I thought the only C-141 left in service was the one NASA has?

Second thought. Our beloved president will be in Denver tomorrow. Maybe it was his advance guard. I still wonder about it being a C-141.

hermankeil said:
Earlier today I saw a camoflaged C-141 going into Buckley AFB, Denver. I thought the only C-141 left in service was the one NASA has?

The NASA C-141 was used as the Kuiper Airborne Observatory and was retired in 1995. AFAIK it hasn't been airworthy for years. The last C-141 was retired in 2006. Are you sure it might not have been a C-17?

I have been looking at airplanes for 71 years. I can tell a C-141 from a C-17. This aircraft did not have winglets (a C-17 flew over the house this morning) and it did not have the large fuselage c/s of a C-17. It was a 4 engined hi wing, t tailed a/p with a small fuselage c/s. I used to live a few miles from an AFB with C-141s. I know it sounds strange but it was not a C-17 or a C-5.

hermankeil said:
I have been looking at airplanes for 71 years. I can tell a C-141 from a C-17. This aircraft did not have winglets (a C-17 flew over the house this morning) and it did not have the large fuselage c/s of a C-17. It was a 4 engined hi wing, t tailed a/p with a small fuselage c/s. I used to live a few miles from an AFB with C-141s. I know it sounds strange but it was not a C-17 or a C-5.

Then I would opine it was an IL-76 under charter.