British Secret Projects Volume 4:Bombers 1935-1950 by Tony Buttler

After giving up on Amazon.com, I wound up ordering it on Amazon.co.uk, and it only took 8 days to get here, which is outstanding! (Especially considering that my orders from Key Publishing are averaging 2 months to get here! Shame on them!)

As expected, it is outstanding, but I did find one apparent factual error on page 119. It states:

"The RAF also evaluated two American bombers, the Boeing B-29 Superfortress and the Consolidated B-32 Dominator,.....The RAF had to settle with the Lincoln as its main post-war heavy bomber until examples of the B-50 Washington, an upgrade of the B-29, were acquired in 1951."

If this is true, it is all new to me. It implies that the RAF never operated B-29s and that the Washingtons were, in fact, B-50s, a type that I don't believe the RAF ever operated. Can someone please clarify this situation?

Boeing Washington B1's were definitely B29's and not B50's. A quick search on Google shows the characteristic B29 engine shape and the UK Serials site lists US serials in the 44-XXXX range for all airframes.

Zeb

After giving up on Amazon.com, I wound up ordering it on Amazon.co.uk, and it only took 8 days to get here, which is outstanding! (Especially considering that my orders from Key Publishing are averaging 2 months to get here! Shame on them!)

It turns out that the book is listed on Amazon.com, but it's hard to find because they didn't include the number "4" in the title, and they don't list the name of the publisher. So if you do a search for "British Secret Projects 4" or for "Crecy Publications", you come up empty. Just do an Amazon search for "British Secret Projects" and you'll see it on the list.

It turns out that the book is listed on Amazon.com, but it's hard to find because they didn't include the number "4" in the title, and they don't list the name of the publisher. So if you do a search for "British Secret Projects 4" or for "Crecy Publications", you come up empty. Just do an Amazon search for "British Secret Projects" and you'll see it on the list.
I advise to try on an other ecommerce if you don't like it.