British Secret Projects 1 : Jet Fighters Since 1950 (New Edition)

Looks great..from Aviation Bookshop

Attachments

• QQcover.jpg
    QQcover.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 274
I was going to pass on this one, but seeing the new cover I may have to get it. I noticed that they have made this Volume One. I thought maybe they would have made it Volume Two and make any reissue of the Fighters & Bombers 1935-1950 Volume One like the American Series.

Received my copy yesterday and had a good flick through.
I would agree with Geoff_B that the changes have made a good book even better. The plan drawings are reproduced larger so are easier to see and there are some new ones too. The model photographs are good (though at times the colour reproduction seems a bit garish) and the good quality and rare photographs really top everything off, one fault with the original volume was perhaps the lack of photographs to illustrate the built aircraft. The colour section at the back has been lost, but I guess with modern 3D art it had dated and the wider photo selection (and colour throughout now!) also made it less relevant. Instead the two extra appendix on Specs and contracts are more useful.
The post-1970s section certainly seems longer, not had a chance to read it yet, but it clear the extra research has made the story more complete.
I would say if you haven't got the 1st edition, then this is a must buy, and even if you have the 1st edition, this is still a worthwhile addition as an update and its still complimentary as many of the photographs etc. are different.

As I already had the first edition I so far did not consider to buy this new edition.
According to Crecy website the new edition has 224 pages, versus 176 pages in the old edition.
I have already many many books and have become more critical when buying new books. A 27 % increase in pages had put this book at the bottom of my Maybe list.

However I just came along a review that states that the new edition has 344 pages:
Amazon also seems to use that number of pages.

Could any of you that has the new edition of "British Secret Projects 1, Jet Fighters Since 1950" please clarify the actual number of pages?

Thank you for clarifying that.
Book moved from bottom of Maybe list to top of Must Have list.
Just ordered it.

The new addition a major enhancement on the 1st - lots of addition details, projects etc.

Back
Top Bottom