Bonhams' UK Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the First Manned Lunar Landing

OM

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.io.com
...Apparently the economy's hitting our heroes a bit hard. Now they're selling everything they've got:

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=USA&screen=spacesale

...PDF version of the Auction Catalog with lots of really neat pictures:

http://forms.butterfields.com/pdf/17402_Space_lowres.pdf

...Take note of Item #341 on p. 118. That screams for a thread of its own on here! Also, if anyone feels like being generous, I'll take any one of the ASTP items.

Damn, reading this catalog makes me feel like I'm a kid diving through the Sears Wish Book and its Montgomery Ward's counterpart, picking out what I wanted Santa to bring me for Chrisnukkah ;D ;D ;D

Re: Bonhams' UK Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the First Manned Lunar Landi

I posted something on my blog about this before I saw your post here. Damn. Just... damn.
http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=3203

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

image12.jpg

image9.jpg

...It's that last one that really caught my eye. First time I've seen that AAP concept in all the years we've been talking about them here and especially on ssh.

So, when's the resin kit due from FP now? :-*

Scott,

Sorry for the stupid question, but on the AAP concept station, do you know what is contained above the SIVB section, especially in the narrow cylinder where the CSM normally would be?

I've only seen illustrations from the SIVB down.

Re: Bonhams' UK Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the First Manned Lunar Landi

SAustin16 said:
Scott,

Sorry for the stupid question, but on the AAP concept station, do you know what is contained above the SIVB section, especially in the narrow cylinder where the CSM normally would be?

I've only seen illustrations from the SIVB down.

on the top of this space station is a nuclear reactor for power supply

Thank you, Michel.

That's what I thought it might be due to its distance from the occupied portion of the station, and the relatively small diameter.

I may have to try to model this in card.

SAustin16 said:
Thank you, Michel.

That's what I thought it might be due to its distance from the occupied portion of the station, and the relatively small diameter.

...Apparently the small cylinder at the "base" next to what appears to be an MDA is some sort of attitude control module. The real surprise out of all this is nobody seems to have seen this particular AAP proposal before. None of the reference materials I've read in 30 years has mentioned it. Unless Scott's got something he's never told me about ??? ???

This model could be a nuclear-powered variant of Douglas' S-IVB Advanced Station, illustrated on Mark Wade's site.

Makes one wonder how many other designs exist, but are not well publicly documented. I just love the permutations of all of the various modules.

Thanks to Scott for bringing these models to our attention.

I just re-read this thread...

Correction...Thanks to OM and Scott for bringing this topic to our attention. My apologies to OM. My eyes aren't what they used to be...

Here's a 1/96 scale rendition of the Apollo AAP station in paper card. Not quite finished, but I wanted to post something here on 7/20 to honor the anniversary.

Happy Moon Landings to All.

Attachments

• AAP-Web.jpg
    AAP-Web.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom