sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Interesting/amusing article

http://nextbigfuture.com/2008/09/putting-together-real-bolo-mark-x-tank.html

sferrin said:
Interesting/amusing article

http://nextbigfuture.com/2008/09/putting-together-real-bolo-mark-x-tank.html

Like we really need this. You know, the US did develop nuclear anti-personnel mines just in case an enemy decided to build an obscenely large tank or something of that sort...

Plus, what if this automated, AI tank (which would be totally autonomous) -- which is nothing but a weapons system (designed to destroy things) turns on us?

KJ Lesnick

KJ_Lesnick said:
....what if this automated, AI tank (which would be totally autonomous) -- which is nothing but a weapons system (designed to destroy things) turns on us?

KJ Lesnick

It will. Trust me. They always, always, always do. I damn near had my a** shot off by a machinegun-armed robot at the NDIA International Infantry and Joint Services Small Arms Systems Symposium in Albuquerque in 2006. These days, when I spot an armed robot at a trade show or something, first order of business is identifying some solid, nearby cover :mad:

Regards & all (and watch out for those robots...)

Thomas L. Nielsen
Denmark

KJ_Lesnick said:
Plus, what if this automated, AI tank (which would be totally autonomous) -- which is nothing but a weapons system (designed to destroy things) turns on us?

We cancel its maintenance, refuelling and re-arming rights until it agrees to negotiate... ;D

When the Bolos turn, that's the time to go into the nearest gun shop and ask for "a phased-plasma rifle in the 40MW range." :D

XP67_Moonbat said:
When the Bolos turn, that's the time to go into the nearest gun shop and ask for "a phased-plasma rifle in the 40MW range." :D

I'd advise taking off and nuking the site from orbit for anything other than early mark Bolos ;)

starviking said:
XP67_Moonbat said:

I'd advise taking off and nuking the site from orbit for anything other than early mark Bolos ;)

Seconded. "It's the only way to be sure."

"it is always better to have battalions of Ahnolds"

Which one, please ?
;D

Attachments

• arnold-1.jpg
    arnold-1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 209
  • arnold-2.jpg
    arnold-2.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 209
well , T-800s are preferable but a mayor or similar civil servants have their uses too . Our municipality officials tend to poison street dogs when the animal rights activists are not around . Lesser number of canines would mean higher chances of surprise attacks by the robots , right ?

text removed but the views remain the same . One doesn't have that much freedom for empty talk and as the next post shows ı have a new fixation than the Terminator series .

well , ı hope so .Being a geek for over 20 years , ı would hate the Terminator story going down the drain .

the new one is the Unit with Dennis Haysbert ; the obvious reason the Turkish Major who hijacks an U-Bahn to ensure he will not be removed from his post due to mental instability , who has a worse accent than me and ı was laughed at by visiting delegation while working at the museum as my sheep sounds quite like a ship . So the Turks are not ready for the games , huh ? And he deserves what he gets but out of deference to German hosts of the Special forces Olympics he is not send to the other world where the "terrorists" should be sent ...

now , ı have been hearing Delta stories for nearly 20 years and my favourite is the one where the Americans discover they should be glad that Charlie Beckwith's Delta didn't make it to Tahran in 1980 , which easily beats the one where an unnamed person on the phone makes a call and all those useless civilian bean counters descend on the town to count the mortar rounds of the "unit" . The ones filled with LCD (?) compounds to cause dreams in the target area and the unpatriotic bunch of course do not buy the explanation that they were expended in combat and the claims that the material ended in college dormitories are lies by the enemies of United States .

ı am definitely bored and will wellcome any change .Just two days ago there were F-16s flying overhead and my pulse increased . So ı look for things to give lenghty diatribes against ...