Bell Aircraft Corporation Museum & Archive

Mostly in the trash.

A fair amount ended up at the Niagara Aerospace Museum. In 2007 it was in a state of nearly complete chaos, but it was beginning to be organized. And then the Indians kicked the museum out of their property, and it all went into storage. The NAM was re-opened as the Ira Ross Aerospace Museum, "Behind the Sabres Store, HSBC Arena," in 2008. I don't know much about it, but it seems to be much smaller than it was... it's closed for winter, and the P-39 and V-22 are not on display. I would surmise that the archive is simialrly boxed up and still in storage, probably unaccessible.

I've heard rumors - nothing more than hearsay - about another major US corporate aerospace archive possibly facing the chopping block. There might soon be nothing left apart from the major museums and the government archives, and scattered private collections.

Orionblamblam said:
Mostly in the trash.

A fair amount ended up at the Niagara Aerospace Museum. In 2007 it was in a state of nearly complete chaos, but it was beginning to be organized. And then the Indians kicked the museum out of their property, and it all went into storage. The NAM was re-opened as the Ira Ross Aerospace Museum, "Behind the Sabres Store, HSBC Arena," in 2008. I don't know much about it, but it seems to be much smaller than it was... it's closed for winter, and the P-39 and V-22 are not on display. I would surmise that the archive is simialrly boxed up and still in storage, probably unaccessible.

I've heard rumors - nothing more than hearsay - about another major US corporate aerospace archive possibly facing the chopping block. There might soon be nothing left apart from the major museums and the government archives, and scattered private collections.

Do you mean the X-22A that was on display there?

Here's a rare one from the Bell Aircraft Museum - the Model 5, XFL-1.

Attachments

• Bell Model 5.jpg
    Bell Model 5.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 57
Beautiful model of a beautiful aircraft. What scale would that be? 1:6 ?