Ballistic Missile Defense System Demonstrates Layered Defense

Josh_TN

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Would be nice if they could slap cheap, networked, sensors on Starlink satellites. ;)
I believe one of the test constellations of four satellites is a Starlink bus with a 3rd party optical package.

Desertfox

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
"The goal of Russia’s special military operation is to stop any war that could take place on Ukrainian territory or that could start from there." -Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov
Source
Gigantic red herring(s). One minute it's about Nazis, then the fear of NATO tank invasions from Ukraine, then BMD in Ukraine, then MRBMs in Ukraine. There are already 2 Baltic states in NATO on the Russian border, so these herrings don't even make sense, and there's the fact that if NATO was likely to invade Russia with tanks, it would be currently kicking their backside in Ukraine since Putin just handed them the best pretext ever, but no because MAD. It's about preventing the EU becoming independent of Russian oil and gas, same as Syria was.
I see you completely and utterly missed the point of post. The point is that Russians think very differently than you and what might be completely irrational to you might be completely rational to them. You think using a nuke will end their existence, while they think using a nuke will ensure their existence.

Forest Green

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I see you completely and utterly missed the point of post. The point is that Russians think very differently than you and what might be completely irrational to you might be completely rational to them. You think using a nuke will end their existence, while they think using a nuke will ensure their existence.
I know what your point was, but it was based on incorrect assertions. All the pretexts provided by Russia are garbage, it's all about economics, and frankly it has nothing to do with this conversation.