"Avrocar" successors

boxkite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The first euphoria in designing the Avro Canada "Avrocar" stimulated the designers of the company to create a series of possible derivatives

"Avroangel"
"Avrobus"
"Avrocoach"
"Avropelican" (for SAR missions)
"Avrotruck"
"Avrowagon"

All these names I've found on www.ufx.org/avro/avro.htm two or three years ago, but the website didn't work precise. The artwork of some of the developments mentioned above were never shown.

Did anyboby save these illustrations successfully?

Maybe you will find something on my web. I collected a lot of disc shaped aircrafts all around the world:

http://www.hitechweb.szm.sk/UFOpreprava3.htm

boxkite said:
The first euphoria in designing the Avro Canada "Avrocar" stimulated the designers of the company to create a series of possible derivatives

"Avroangel"
"Avrobus"
"Avrocoach"
"Avropelican" (for SAR missions)
"Avrotruck"
"Avrowagon"

All these names I've found on www.ufx.org/avro/avro.htm two or three years ago, but the website didn't work precise. The artwork of some of the developments mentioned above were never shown.

Did anyboby save these illustrations successfully?

It's too bad that site died, it was a really good one. :'(

"Avro AIrcraft and Cold War Aviaton" has some fascinating material on Avro Canada's other circular-wing projexts. There's some truly fascinating material there.

Dear Elmayerle,

Is it possible to tell a bit more about this book ?
Thanks in advance..

Evan,

as I told you I have a copy of this book but I can't find where is the reference to circular wing designs ???

Can you give more details so I could send lark what he is looking for?

Look for the info on Projects Y and Y2 and on the radiial combustion turbojet. Some fascinating material in there.

Thanks Antonio.

P.S. I can't contact you via E-mail...