Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Ta-Da...

spade5.jpg

To be released in 1/48 scale by Fantastic Plastic.

SUPER

only one question, how gona Model stand up ?
(i see only 2 legs)

TsrJoe said:
oohh nice, please please please do it in 1/72 too ....

If the 1/48 version sells well enough, 1/72 would be fairly easy to do, since it'd be based on the same CAD file, just scaled down.

So if you want to make sure there's a 1/72 version, make sure to buy up a whole lot of the 1/48 version.

Of course, no one knows about this airplane. I just put on a smaller canopy,,,,,

I've wanted this ever since I saw it in the "secret projects" book. I've been begging Igor to do one.

royabulgaf said:
But I don't WANT a 1/48 one. I build in 1/72.

Then do I have a solution for you. Buy forty or fifty of the 1/48 versions - thereby assuring a 1/72 kit - and build them not as 1/48 "Omega" fighters, but as hypothetical 1/72 "Super Omega" bombers. Problem solved!

Orionblamblam said:
royabulgaf said:
But I don't WANT a 1/48 one. I build in 1/72.

Then do I have a solution for you. Buy forty or fifty of the 1/48 versions - thereby assuring a 1/72 kit - and build them not as 1/48 "Omega" fighters, but as hypothetical 1/72 "Super Omega" bombers. Problem solved!

ROTFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One small question here: the title says "Avro Ace"... while this aircraft project is generally known as the Avro (Canada) "Omega". Today I found mention in another topic of another "Avro Ace" that was, if my memory serves me right, Avro (UK)'s answer to the 1/44 specification. Was the name reused, or is the title erroneous? Thanks for your answers.

Stargazer2006 said:
One small question here: the title says "Avro Ace"... while this aircraft project is generally known as the Avro (Canada) "Omega".

The general concept had a number of different names. Ace, Omega, Spade, Project Y, Praying Mantis, Flyign Manta, Manta Ray, Stingray. The story on exactly which concept (there were at least three designs... I modeled the one for which there are mockpu photos) had exactly which name(s) is muddled.

Stargazer2006 said:
One small question here: the title says "Avro Ace"... while this aircraft project is generally known as the Avro (Canada) "Omega". Today I found mention in another topic of another "Avro Ace" that was, if my memory serves me right, Avro (UK)'s answer to the 1/44 specification. Was the name reused, or is the title erroneous? Thanks for your answers.

Buy it!

Attachments

• Escanear0001.jpg
    Escanear0001.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Escanear0002.jpg
    Escanear0002.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Escanear0003.jpg
    Escanear0003.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Escanear0004.jpg
    Escanear0004.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 37
  • Escanear0005.jpg
    Escanear0005.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Escanear0006.jpg
    Escanear0006.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 26
Man, I'll have to put this on the Christmas list. Of course, it depends on how much it costs. If I was employed I'd buy two or three, just for all of the "what-if" paint scheme possibilities.

Update: it's going to be in 1/72, not 1/48. A market-based decision.

Yesssss!

I will light a candle for you at the shrine of St Vincent of Lambeau for you.

Kim Margosein