Attachment Size Limits Or Multiple Selections Per Upload

marauder2048

"I should really just relax"
Reaction score
Would it be possible to bump the maximum size for an attachment? Some of the more recent PDFs are already maximally compressed but still greater than the 1.8 MB limit.

Alternately, could the attachment "Browse" File Upload Window be configured to accommodate multiple selections (preferably around 25)? This would greatly ease uploading a PDF that has
been converted to multiple jpgs/pngs.

It was not really intended to have large PDF uploads. There are more than 23GB of attachments already; making the limits too large is only going to increase the size quicker.

I'll give it a think.

The test forum running on Elkarte can select multiple files for upload or drag and drop.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
There are more than 23GB of attachments already; making the limits too large is only going to increase the size quicker.

PDF files are by far the worst in terms of occupation of server space.
There are very efficient online services for PDF file sharing such as WeTransfer, which are not only free but also very easy to use.
I can testify that several of us forum members here have repeatedly put it to good use to share larger PDF files among ourselves.
And so it seems to me as the reasonable alternative to avoid saturation of server space, especially considering that once a file is uploaded and all interested members have downloaded it, it remains there, forever taking up space and hardly being accessed anymore.

Although it is not ideal, you can use a cloud service like Box or Dropbox.