Astronaut suicides

Rather bad taste, IMNSHO.

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

In poor taste, yes, but I can see what he's getting at.......

cheers,
Robin.

Now that the Shuttle Orbiters have been retired, what hope for manned space missions exists for an astronaut in his lifetime? Very little. I thought this was an amusing and creative way of expressing that.

Stargazer2006 said:
Now that the Shuttle Orbiters have been retired, what hope for manned space missions exists for an astronaut in his lifetime? Very little.

For a *NASA* astronaut, the outlook is bleak... a few joyrides on Soyuz to the International Russian Space Station. For a *private* astronaut, the outlook is dim, but improving. So long as the Obamaconomy doesn't wipe out the commercial space field, in ten years there could well be *more* active astronauts than ever.

Orionblamblam said:
Stargazer2006 said:
Now that the Shuttle Orbiters have been retired, what hope for manned space missions exists for an astronaut in his lifetime? Very little.

For a *NASA* astronaut, the outlook is bleak... a few joyrides on Soyuz to the International Russian Space Station. For a *private* astronaut, the outlook is dim, but improving. So long as the Obamaconomy doesn't wipe out the commercial space field, in ten years there could well be *more* active astronauts than ever.

Yeah. And in 1950, they thought we'd soon all have our own small helicopters to take off from our backyard...

A somewhat tasteless but IMO justified attempt to portray a widespread feeling of despair.

My wife watched the last shuttle landing with tears in her eyes. NASA directorship over the last twenty years should be put in the stocks for rotten tomato time for not having a replacement ready, and Obama should join them for leaving his country dependent on foreign dictatorships for manned space travel. Surely, starting two years back, something could have been set in place as regards life extensions or parts cannibalisation to keep one or two orbiters flying until the Apollo-reboot replacement was ready?

Watching these pictures has reminded me this Arabian proverb of difficult translation "Que las pulgas de mil camellos sedientos te invadan la entrepierna y Ala te de brazos cortos"

uh-huh... yep, Babelfish only got part of that right ... I hope.

Does that translate as: "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch and Allah shorten your arms" ??

Hahaha, omg, I thought you were joking, but then I also used Google Translate and got the same answer?!?! What a weird proverb to be used in that context, no?