armed Progress test vehicles

World B4

my bad y'all
Reaction score
"It is known that the space-to-space missiles intended for Kaskad were supposed to have been tested in space from modified Progress cargo ships. The NPO Energiya design bureau even started the construction of five such vehicles for missions in 1986-1988. When those plans were abandoned, the vehicles were rebuilt as standard resupply ships for the Mir space station"
"Naryad-V-and-the-Soviet-Anti-Satellite-Fleet" is the name of the pdf. I cannot remember or find where I origionally downloaded it.
page 13
"K. Lantratov, “The Star Wars that never happened”, Quest, 14, p.7, 2007" is the given source.
I would like to know which progress vehicles these were, if Lantranov was legit.
The pdf also describes several other weapon programs and the discussion of their practical employment. The most interesting, due to it's supposed advantages over it's contemporaries, was the Kamin space mine.

Ask BIS for permission to re-publish with author & references etc ??

They may also acknowledge your enquiry in the Journal and Spaceflight...

( I was 'FBIS' for several decades after they helped me find data on 'nearby' stars. Got 'Interstellar Studies', an autographed 'Daedalus Final Report' etc etc. Reluctantly resigned ~2003 during domestic down-sizing when I realised nothing would be happening with crews beyond LEO, and I'd literally not opened their monthly 'Spaceflight' in six months... )