Are these real German WW2 projects ?

JC Carbonel

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
This sketches comme from the catalogue of the EMA importer in Austria during the 90's "Kompetent Modell Bau" :

KMP_FR56.JPG

Fern Rakete 56. Unknown Rheinmetall FR designation and I dont know of any TEL SP vehicle in the German WW2 arsenal

KMP_RheinboteIII.JPG

The ramp looks very much like an EMA project, which considering the side-activity of KMP casts some doubt on the whole thing?

KMP_RheintochterIII.JPG

The R-III is known but again on a SP TEL ????

JCC

The first rocket has obviously fins and is thus not spin-stabilized as claimed in the description, at least not mostly.

The two AFV chassis look like Pzkpfw IV (SdKfz 161) chassis.

The third rocket did exist, although I've never seen an indication that any German WW2 rocket with more than a few km was ever meant to be launched by an AFV.

The problem with questions as yours is that it's impossible to prove that something like that didn't exist. We can at most tell you that the usual sources show no indication of such designs.

Well, the Rheinbote III project did exist indeed, it was basically an enlarged Rheinbote - 15 m long and 8100 kg heavy. According to some witnesses, a prototype was built in early 1945 and ready to tests in Leba, while others deny it. Rheinbote III was to be launched from a 30 t heavy launcher transported in two pieces.
But the launcher presented above looks just silly and its inventor had obviously no slightest idea about designing frameworks.

Regards

Grzesio

Here is a photo of the r3 that I found on the net

Attachments

• Rheintochter R3.jpg
    Rheintochter R3.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 160
JC Carbonel said:
This sketches comme from the catalogue of the EMA importer in Austria during the 90's "Kompetent Modell Bau" :

KMP_FR56.JPG

Fern Rakete 56. Unknown Rheinmetall FR designation and I dont know of any TEL SP vehicle in the German WW2 arsenal

KMP_RheinboteIII.JPG

The ramp looks very much like an EMA project, which considering the side-activity of KMP casts some doubt on the whole thing?

KMP_RheintochterIII.JPG

The R-III is known but again on a SP TEL ????

JCC

Hello,

is there anyone who ever found those models for sale ?????

Chris Chris