Arado Ar 196C Drawings

Seeflieger

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am looking for drawings of the proposed but cancelled C-version of the Arado Ar 196. Does anybody have them or know where they can be found?

Many thanks!

May I suggest if anyone has the Valiant Wings profile book on the Arado Ar 196 that they may like to help by publishing any of the Ar 196C info held within? Here's the front cover for reference

Ar 196 book.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, I have the book and although it does contain a drawing of the C-subtype, it is rather speculative. I own most books that treat the Ar 196 in detail, but none of them contain accurate drawings of the Ar196C. Sometime ago Dan Sharp published such drawings of the Arado E 380, the projected Ar 196 successor, I was hoping for similar drawings or blueprints prepared by Arado during the war.

Hi Seeflieger,

I searched in many books,but no drawing was survivor to it,I will check
from some magazines.

Thank you, I have the book and although it does contain a drawing of the C-subtype, it is rather speculative. I own most books that treat the Ar 196 in detail, but none of them contain accurate drawings of the Ar196C. Sometime ago Dan Sharp published such drawings of the Arado E 380, the projected Ar 196 successor, I was hoping for similar drawings or blueprints prepared by Arado during the war.
What was the C version?

In the 31st volume of the "Die deutsche Luftfahrt" series, "Arado Flugzeuge - Vom Doppeldecker zum Strahlflugzeug" , the C-version is described as aerodynamically improved and fitted with bigger floats, because of the increased take-
off weight.

In the 31st volume of the "Die deutsche Luftfahrt" series, "Arado Flugzeuge - Vom Doppeldecker zum Strahlflugzeug" , the C-version is described as aerodynamically improved and fitted with bigger floats, because of the increased take-
off weight.
than i suppose C version was enlarged version of Ar-196 and was only project sketch withouth any drawing details . So seems be that Arado 196 C is official designation of Arado E 380 ( Ar-196 with BMW 801). I can imagine something similiar to Aichi E16A

Last edited: