Apropos of nothing

That doesn't look like a "gut-truck" reaction. Suspect the music is fake. ;)

Yep, footage is real, audio faked. He was scrambling for an actual alert, like any other Apache crew.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Yep, footage is real, audio faked. He was scrambling for an actual alert, like any other Apache crew.

Thats_the_joke3.jpg

To quote Statler & Waldorf -

W - What was that?
S - It's called the medium sketch.
W - The medium sketch?
S - Yeah, it wasn't rare, and it certainly wasn't well done.

There are other versions of this joke e.g. one where the theme tune to "Match of the Day" plays (implying they are running off to watch football). Its about as funny as this one, i.e. not very.

Oh I dunno, I thought it was very funny. That's the exact reaction that the Mr Whippy van used to get on our road when I was a kid, everyone scrambled for a 10p blob on a packet of crisps (saves wastin money on the cornet) or if you were really poor, you got a lift from your mate's and the blob in your hand! This kind of carnage was only surpassed by the mass hysteria that accompanied the siren that announced the wave pool was starting up in Rhyl Suncenter... Dads treading on kids, brother fighting brother... Glory days, although if your not from the northwest of England, you probably have no idea what I'm on about.

I'm from London, and noone in my road was too poor to afford a cone as well as the ice cream, even when we lived in rented council flats.

Cones? You were lucky. We never had cones, we had to lick t'ice-cream from cupped hands, before it melted.

Actually the last time I saw such a reaction was in Scotia heliport after three days of fog. The place had emptied half-way through the second bar of the jingle.

Chris

As a kid I generally didn't carry a great deal of cash, if I had 10p and the "Icey" turned up it was the done thing... Can't comment on cockneys fancy ways :p

Speaking of Prince Harry, it is interesting to note the proper personal weapon in his cockpit in this pic:

20130121_014637_princeharryafghanistan2_500.jpg

My former commander would be proud. He was a ex-Vietnam helicopter pilot and had no time for many modern aircrew who only carried a pistol. His view was that if you were going down over enemy territory you wanted a proper weapon. ;)

CJGibson said:
Cones? You were lucky. We never had cones, we had to lick t'ice-cream from cupped hands, before it melted.

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

2IDSGT said:
Well, he was once a groundpounder.

All British helicopter aicrew carry carbines, full webbing and patrol packs. Fight suits and pistols are for people with ejection suits and positive thrust to weight ratios.