Anyone heard from Gary Morelock ("Elider")?

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gary Morelock was one of the early forum members - he was the 56th user to join. He was a real projects fanatic but didn't post that often - he did however email a number of interesting images he'd scanned over the years to me for posting back in those early days. He has generously supported the forum financially over the years and visited pretty much every day. He was always extremely appreciative of the posts others made.

Last year he sent me his copies of the two volume Les avions de combat français, 1944-1960 by Jean Cuny - a treasure trove of French projects and pretty rare - as a thank you for creating this forum.

Unfortunately, he hasn't logged in for 163 days now. Given his age, I am concerned about his health. If anyone knows him or is in contact with him, let me know.

My google-fu has failed to find any deaths involving any 'Gary Morelock', though I have found this page concerning the Aircraft Operations Control Center at Patrick Air Force Base, Florida:

http://www.honeysucklecreek.net/other_stations/ARIA/ARIA_people.html

It has multiple references to a Gary Morelock providing information - perhaps the people behind the site can be of help?

Now a really good news - see attached letter. Gary is alive and relatively well.

If someone wants to drop a word to him, write it here or PM me. I will print it and attach with my answer.

Attachments

• letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 129
Well, its good to know he's alive, even if he's offline.

If I lived nearby I'd drop him off a spare laptop so he could access the forum again. He'd surely love some of the stuff posted recently e.g. VG FX studies.

Hi Matej, very good message. Now I can tell it. A few years ago Gary ordered and sponsored for public release work on Kingfish. We have to rebuild it twice to be satisfied with final design because sources were very poor. When (or if? I'm old man, too) I will finish work on Fish/Kingfish collection it will be pleasure for me to send to him some posters.
Matej, I hope we will meet on Sliac airshow. B-52 is for me very big bonus to ignore it.

PaulMM said:
Well, its good to know he's alive, even if he's offline.

If I lived nearby I'd drop him off a spare laptop so he could access the forum again. He'd surely love some of the stuff posted recently e.g. VG FX studies.

If you want to take up a fund for him so he can get online, I'm in. Laptops are incredibly inexpensive these days. You can get one for $400, and somewhat less when there is a deal available. That's a 15" screen. Just saying.