any Apple Mac Users in the forum?

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to know if there is any Mac User here to share knowledge about how I use the Mac to manage my aerospace history passion ;)

Cheers
Antonio

Hi Alex :)

I have a PC too, but I use it only for software experiments (Windows soft for my job or testing Linux distros) and auxiliary slave for my iBook and iMac.

Do you have DevonThink in your PB?. I love that soft, I think it's a great tool for those who manage a lot of information. I'm building a database from secretprojects forum posts to keep all organized. I also use DT with all the information in my hard disks. It is easy to recall everything you need with DT and OS Tiger's Spotlight utility.

My research now is how export info to write my own articles, I sent my question to DT folks and they didn't recomended neither MS Office nor Apple Pages, they tolk me about Papyrus 12 which seems to be more efficient than Microsoft and Apple applications.

cheers
Antonio

Antonio, I use a couple of Macs I have sometimes, and a Linux server machine too (rarely). But the image gallery is on a PC, and I work at home on a rather old Pentium IV 1.4 MHz with a lor of memory and a GORGEOUS 23 inch Sony DVI LCD ...

I have the latest Mac and I don't know how to send pictures to the Forum
May be anybody could help ?
thanks
Richard

When creating a post, click "additional options", then browse to the image on your computer. It should work just fine on a Mac, Linux, whatever.

I tried to send a new topic ,44ko attachment ,(352 kB ) and the site told me every time it's too big ...I tried a good lot of times as the topic seems of interrest to me
bye
RB

Hi Richard,

I use OS X Tiger as you. ;) and I have posted dozens of pics by the moment

There is no problem with the OS, secretprojets forum it's a Windows/Mac/Linux friendly web.

But there is a limitation with the size of the pictures you can post. Try not to post pics over 100 Kb so you only have to resize your pic below this size and it will work.

Best Regards,
Antonio

GORGEOUS 23 inch Sony DVI LCD

Wow!, you know how to enjoy life ;)

I have an iMac with a gorgeous 20 inch LCD but latest generation iMacs are shipping with super gorgeous 24 inch LCD!!! ::)

If you could replace your pentium with a powerful yet stylish Mac Mini Core Duo 2 (with MacOS Tiger) you'll know the meaning of pleasure and efficience :)

Cheers
Antonio

richard said:
I tried to send a new topic ,44ko attachment ,(352 kB ) and the site told me every time it's too big ...I tried a good lot of times as the topic seems of interrest to me
bye
RB

The temporary server doesn't like image sizes above about 1000 x 1000 at maximum, no matter what size the actual JPG is. Probably the image size is too large.

::)Thanks all !
But what means 1000x1000 Overscan ? (mm,pix ,or ...)
From an old kilobit brain ???(but I like it however ) using a young gigabit computer :mad: (with duo score etc,etc by the way )

But what means 1000x1000 Overscan ? (mm,pix ,or ...)

Richard,

I think Overscan is talking in pixels, pics under 1000x1000 pixels in size and below 100 Kb (aprox) in "weight".

using a young gigabit computer (with duo score etc,etc by the way )

Modern computers are beasts that can handle pics with weights well over 10 Mb but Internet tech can't match that power :'(