An experimental soviet crawler light vehicle. 1944

klem

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
The design work began in the years 43-44 at the factory (IMZ) in Irbit for the realization of a light Vehicle,the experimental prototype was powered by an M-72 motorbike engine .The engine, gearbox and fuel tank were placed at the front of the vehicle . In the winter of 1944, field testing began with the first and only incident that ended the project, The gear teeth of the main transmission broke.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 43
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 38
So, a Kettenkrad and a Bren Carrier got jiggy one time . . .

cheers,
Robin.

The driver right behind the fuel tank which is exposed on the front of the vehicle? What could possibly go wrong?

Looks like it had potential for utility roles. Could have been used in civilian markets.

Any idea what the weight was?

Looks like it had potential for utility roles. Could have been used in civilian markets.
Indeed, I think that such a vehicle would have been very useful in war period but not in 44 but from the start of the war, with another design redesigned to tow planes on aerodromes or for the ground with a machine gun or a light cannon. However in its initial design with a fuel tank at the front, I find it a little poorly thought out.

Back
Top Bottom