American Secret Projects 4 - Bombers, Attack and Anti-Submarine Aircraft 1945-1974

Mmmm... love that cover.

I wonder what's new in terms of the text. I have to admit, I'd only be buying this one if there were substantial alterations to the meat of it, new stuff come to light, etc. The pictures per se do not concern me as much

Mmmm... love that cover.

I wonder what's new in terms of the text. I have to admit, I'd only be buying this one if there were substantial alterations to the meat of it, new stuff come to light, etc. The pictures per se do not concern me as much
Ditto - I really wish there were supplements released that only addressed the changes thus avoiding the need for duplicate copies.

Mmmm... love that cover.

These may help. Difference in book thickness, spines and pages, and Contents pages showing increase in page count.

old and new spines.jpg old and new pages.jpg contents OLD.jpg contents NEW.jpg

cheers,
Robin.

I buy so few new books these days that I was delighted to get my copy this morning.
As my original copy is buried somewhere in my older book piles, I cannot vouch for how much material is new.
What I can praise is the fact that there is none of the padding which plague some other books. The material is clear and well laid out.
Even though my focus is on the period 1960 to 1975, I am delighted by the fascinating designs from other eras shown.
The author is at the top of his game.

My Amazon order is still yet to dispatch, anyone has these issues with this book (with Amazon or any other providers)?

I am having an issue with Amazon as I suspect are many others. I noticed today Amazon is saying August 15th versus July 15th previously. I'm not counting on August 15th.

Even though they are owned by Amazon, I have found I get better service from Book Depository.

I got a notification from amazon.de that I should receive my copy around the 25th of August.

Unlike the UK which does not charge VAT or import duty on books, now the UK not in the EU this might cause problems as some EU countries do charge tax.

I got a notification from amazon.de that I should receive my copy around the 25th of August.
Yeah me too (24th August, a couple of days after telling me it was going to be in October!).

Mine has been dispatched, and Amazon said it will arrive in the second week of August.

We'll see.

I received mine yesterday, via the post. It is quite a thick book that goes into great detail, yet manages to cover all the possible types. Indeed, Tony Buttler does have a special talent when it comes to writing; giving great detail, yet being able to keep everything to the perfect length, something quite important when talking about American Bomber projects, as there is a large volume of material that has to be covered, something that this book does wonderfully.
IMG_20210808_192530668.jpg

I can't wait to read it, and I wish luck to Tony as he researches American Fighters from the same period.

Received my copy, same excellent work as ever by Tony Butler, this edition has enhanced presentation, more pictures and more meat on the bone for certain projects.
A bit too soon in my reading to give more feed back on some other aspects like re: projects that weren’t in the 1st edition but are in the 2nd, etc.

It is worth keeping earlier editions of the Secret Projects volumes as inevitably some have given way to newer material.. Some of the stuff on ASW projects in the 70s for example.

not as good as surviving the ride....but as a big fan of SA armored vehicles, i like it personally...but we got more infos from the South AFrican prototype thread here....

Having read my copy, I found it an excellent book. One can only hope that, at some future date, information will be declassified as to the various configurations studied for the B-2 during the 1983-1984 redesign for low altitude operations. There were some interesting ones.

Even though they are owned by Amazon, I have found I get better service from Book Depository.
Book Depository is the very best service, especially for people who live in Europe & Africa, perhaps elsewhere outide Americas.