Akaflieg München Prototypes & Projects

The first pic don't show the Mü 9 , but a LIPPISCH design

Attachments

• Lippisch.jpg
    Lippisch.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 329
That doesn't necessarily exclude the other, I think, as Alexander Lippisch made
several designs for the Akaflieg organisations. But, judging the caption, If, then
it was probably a design for the Akaflieg Darmstadt, that means for the aviational
organisoation of the university in Darmstadt, not in Munich, so it my be somewhat
misplaced in this "Akaflieg München" thread. Will look for another solution.

Jemiba said:
That doesn't necessarily exclude the other, I think, as Alexander Lippisch made
several designs for the Akaflieg organisations. But, judging the caption, If, then
it was probably a design for the Akaflieg Darmstadt, that means for the aviational
organisoation of the university in Darmstadt, not in Munich, so it my be somewhat
misplaced in this "Akaflieg München" thread. Will look for another solution.

This project Mü-9 is indeed mentionned on the Akaflieg München website (http://www.akaflieg.vo.tu-muenchen.de/index.php/aeltere-projekte/12-aeltere-projekte-aeltere-projekte/41-mue9).

The Lippish project has tapered wings whereas the München one has delta wings. Fuselages are slightly different.

The RRG (with Lippisch) moved from the Wasserkuppe to Darmstadt-Griesheim (to become the DFS) in 1933, but the Mü-9 is mentionned as dated 1932.
Perhaps two "completly different" projects ???

I agree on your opinion my dear Retrofit.

Hi,

Mu-7,Mu-16 & Mu-20 were a single seat gliders,Mu-14 was a low-wing single seat motor glider or light
aircraft,Mu-19 was a single seat motor glider and Mu-21 was a prone pilot one man glider,all were a
Projects except Mu-14.

Attachments

• mue07-dsr.gif
    mue07-dsr.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 29
  • mue14-dsr.gif
    mue14-dsr.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 27
  • mue16-dsr.gif
    mue16-dsr.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Mue19-dsr.gif