AK47 for the Free World?

Have you seen the price of a SCAR? I can buy 4x good ARs for the price of one SCAR! Crud, I can buy 1.5 Colt ARs for the price of one SCAR!

It's almost as if you purchase something in small numbers it's expensive per unit?

SCAR would be cheaper if it were bought on the order of several million. It was literally designed to have a lower unit price floor than an M4.

It's almost as if you purchase something in small numbers it's expensive per unit?

SCAR would be cheaper if it were bought on the order of several million. It was literally designed to have a lower unit price floor than an M4.
Not sure about that, not with how big the SCAR bolt carrier is compared to an AR. That's one of the expensive parts to make...

Admittedly, I'm comparing civilian prices between ARs and SCARs. I'm sure a military order would be less than the civilian price, just due to the fact that someone bought a couple hundred thousand of them. But less than the US civilian price of an AR? I doubt that pretty hard.

Not sure about that, not with how big the SCAR bolt carrier is compared to an AR. That's one of the expensive parts to make...

The upper receiver is an extruded aluminum one, and compared to an M4's need for milling or forging, it's cheaper. The cheapest possible rifle that could be produced using Western manufacturing bases is an extruded aluminum monolithic upper and an injected polymer lower.

If you were going to make a rifle to arm an actual army, and order 20 or 30 million of them as a result, you'd see significant savings between making M4s versus SCARs.

For what amount can a civilian legally buy an M16 or an AR15?
In Russia, a 5.45 caliber rifle corresponding to the latest generation of the Kalashnikov assault rifle costs $ 954
I have such a weapon. Only for the cartridge 7.62x39. It's called AK-15. Or its hunting variant TR3. Competed with a friend. I have a 7.62mm TR3 with a Leapers optical sight. He has a Sabatti bolt-action sniper rifle with an ATN digital sighting system. At a distance of 500 meters, my TR3 was 1.7 times less accurate compared to the Sabatti. The result is not bad. All 5 bullets hit the boar's target at this distance.