Abovetopsecret.com Was Down (but now it isn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-39

To post or not to post, that is the question
Reaction score
It seems this is not the first time it happens, but the domain registered as https://www.abovetopsecret.com/ has been inaccessible since March 16-17
Theories on what exactly happened being discussed on the ATS subreddit range from:

1- New owner physically shutting down the servers.
2- Russian hackers
3-The Deep State finally getting their way by destroying the "beacon of truth"
4-All of the above

Only thing i'd to say is: Good riddance if it's permanently gone for good, it was getting tiring scrolling and seeing the main board turned into an absolute joke thanks to the stupidity of certain members non stop ranting their political beliefs. I'll miss the Aircraft Projects section and others subs where users focused on speculation and conspiracies , staying closer to the original purpose of the site, unlike the cesspool it became later.
I might be celebrating too early, it could be back and running at any moment.

Last edited:
They are already "refugees" at Reddit and RogueNation3, fortunately, i don't see them having much success there, and RogueNation, how many people are aware of the existence of that site?

They are already "refugees" at Reddit and RogueNation3, fortunately, i don't see them having much success there, and RogueNation, how many people are aware of the existence of that site?

Rogue nation ? ain't that a Star Wars movie ?

Many long years ago, I made the master parts for Fantastic Plastic's 1/72 scale Aurora model kit. When it had the basic parts ready, I assembeld them, and held them together with some scotch tape, took a few crappy photos to send to FP to show progress. And what the hell, I inverted the color, reduced the size and posted them to ATS as actual photos of Aurora. Somewhat to my surprise, they weren't generally accepted as genuine; people got mad at me for posting disinformation. But the problem wasn't that I'd posted obvious photos of models, but that the design didn't match their head canon. Nobody there ever seemed to notice that the photos were negatives and that the top and bottom of the aircraft were held together with tape.

I did something similar on Key Publishing. Somebody at Whatifmodelers had done a very nice never-built MiG model, and then made some astute photographs of it "in flight" against a background of clouds. It blew my mind and I decided to push the idea a little further.

So I snapped some pictures of my computer screen with a digital camera, then used MS Paint to tweak the whole thing... and it ended just realistic enough to play havoc with the forum fanboys. The thread must still be out there, somewhere in the forum guts.

Oh No! it's back up and running:confused: Message to mods: This thread outlived it's purpose and has no reason to exist anymore , so feel free to lock it.
Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 14-58-39 Abovetopsecret down today March, 2022 Abovetopsecret com not...png ,

Yay !!!

Remember, I'm one of ??? >> those <<< ??? *** people.

:)
:)

Bleh... this thread remind me why i get tired of being around eggheads. Monty python quotes and snark. Not much has changed except thry watch MLP now and wear rainbow everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.