'A Vertical Empire' second edition now available.

The first edition was excellent, what's new in the second edition? More whatiffery? :)

I've not read it but heard great things about it. Shame the ebook version is so expensive - I'll have to order the paperback version from Amazon UK. I think the free delivery offer to Australia / New Zealand is over unfortunately.

Hm - that ebook price does seem to be something of a rip off. Sorry about that!

Nicholas, how it went out that paperback costs more than ebook? are there some mistake?

Pricing's out of my hands, I'm afraid! I've no idea how they arrived at those figures.

Nicholas

Amazon made similar ripoff with ebook version [Kindle Edition] the same prize as Paper version. :mad:
i stay on Apple iBooks with they very reasonable prize

for The second edition, i willing to pay £57 for the Hardcover B)

By the way
Mister Hill, how much we [this forum] contributing new Blue Streak info for the second edition ?
yours faithfully
Michel Van

how much we [this forum] contributing new Blue Streak info for the second edition ?

Sorry - not a lot. It's all archival stuff.

I've just received my copy.

Looks o.k., but I was somewhat surprised as there was no "foreword to the second edition" explaining the differences.

Well, it looks like I will have to read it again (!)

So is there more in here on British interest in military space in the 1950s-1960s?

Not really, since there was very little military interest other than in Skynet.

The RAF did issue a requirement for a Shuttle type vehicle, which caused the Chief Secretary to the Treasury to comment that having just given up a horizontal empire, it was hardly time to start building a vertical empire ...

CNH said:
Not really, since there was very little military interest other than in Skynet.

The RAF did issue a requirement for a Shuttle type vehicle, which caused the Chief Secretary to the Treasury to comment that having just given up a horizontal empire, it was hardly time to start building a vertical empire ...
;D If we put a stop to all the empire building in the public sector we might have been able to afford a vertical empire!