A new requirement for an Anti Artillery gun Missile

IMUs are cheap these days.
Not the ones rated for 20,000 gs in both axial and linear acceleration boss.

The ones in a shell or fuse are specifically made to take that abuse, if you try to fire a cheap IMU out of a howitzer it will shattered.
That likely will change in the next 10 to 50 years but for now gps is the way to go for a PGK size device.

Simply a silly statement
How is it silly especially considering the forces a shell undergoes?

Cause remember these things need to be able to take well over 20,000 times it weight on it and to its side.

Not many materials can do that cheaply cause most things do need to. Meaning that the stuff for arty shells need to be specially made, therefore expensive.

With how materials science is going I see a new material coming up that does all that fair cheaper in the future.

So again, until they come up with something better that fits in an an 8 ounce redbull can size device that can take over 20,000 times the force of gravity on two different planes at the same time and do so cheaply...

GPS is the way to go.

Not the ones rated for 20,000 gs in both axial and linear acceleration boss.

The ones in a shell or fuse are specifically made to take that abuse, if you try to fire a cheap IMU out of a howitzer it will shattered.
not that hard anymore
How is it silly especially considering the forces a shell undergoes?

Cause remember these things need to be able to take well over 20,000 times it weight on it and to its side.

Not many materials can do that cheaply cause most things do need to. Meaning that the stuff for arty shells need to be specially made, therefore expensive.

With how materials science is going I see a new material coming up that does all that fair cheaper in the future.

So again, until they come up with something better that fits in an an 8 ounce redbull can size device that can take over 20,000 times the force of gravity on two different planes at the same time and do so cheaply...

GPS is the way to go.
there is a whole corporate and military fauna called Position Navigation and Timing (PNT) w/ the whole purpose is an evolution away from any GPS at all either slowly or in some cases very rapidly. . A quick in permissive environment GPS read (increasingly less battlespace) and then move on with other tech is already the PNT standard. Next is no GPS. DoD focus on what used to be called GPS-(in) denied is over 25ys in the discussion.

Evolving Terrestrial networks want no GPS dependence and will have none. Even LORAN itself is having a comeback.

Just use a drone equipped with a thermite grenade...call it a dirt dauber (fire in the hole!)

Just use a drone equipped with a thermite grenade...call it a dirt dauber (fire in the hole!)
As a civilian I ask myself the question, "How much damage do you need to do to an artillery gun barrel before it's effectively useless?". A spoon full of battery acid?
How hard would it be to train up a machine vision system to recognise the open end of a barrel?

I am reminded of the missile that hit at the base of a field piece doing little more than shredding tires.

Don't think missile..think drone.