“Kipprotorflugzeuge” (Tilt rotor aircraft) by Alexander Lüdeke

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
“Kipprotorflugzeuge” by Alexander Lüdeke (yes, forum member !)

A book about the development of tilt rotor and tilt wing aircraft, starting in 1845, long
before men achieved the first powered flight. On 287 pages more than 110 types are
covered, most of them with photos or drawings.

Outline :

- Frühe Projekte und Entwürfe von 1845 bis 1945 (Early projects and designs from 1845 to 1945)
- Militärische Projekte in den USA nach 1945 (military projects in the USA past 1945)
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey
- Militärische Projekte außerhalb der USA nach 1945 (military projects outside the USA past 1945)
- Zivile Projekte und Prototypen nach 1945 (civil projects and prototypes past 1945)
- Drohnen (drones)
- Zukünftige Entwicklungen (future developments)

To name just a few of the covered types:

“The Aerial Car”, designed by Mortimer Nelson (1861), John M.Cages ducted prop aircraft
from 1909, Georg Lehbergers tilt prop plus tilt wing aircraft from 1929, Doak Model 20 and 22,
Grumman Gadfly, HC-1 Convertiplano (Brasil 1952), Aerfer Capitolium, the Weser Flugzeugbau
WFG 16/23/27, Mjassischtschew M-12, Mi-30, C.H.Yorks “Yorkopter”, Chiba University
QTW-UAS FS4, ....

As the title implies, it’s written in german, but with the vast amount of illustrations, it is
interesting for non-german readers, too. And ... why do we have online translators ? ;)

"Kipprotorflugzeuge", author Alexander Lüdeke
Motorbuch Verlag
ISBN: 3613030896
EAN: 9783613030893
Libri: 6700888

EUR 39,90

Attachments

• KRF.jpg
    KRF.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 211
Jemiba is to modest to mention that he was so kind to give me the permission to use some of his illustrations! :)
Thank you, Jemiba!

It does, even though I was only able to find out very little about these planes.

Thanks! Does it include any technical drawings? I am starting a 1/72 of the HC-1 and HC-2. I have the portions based on the Supermarine Spitfire XIV and have contacted the Centro Técnico Aeroespacial (CTA) in Brazil. The CTA is working on it, and has been since the beginning of the year. If there were some techincal drawings, especially in this book, it will speed things up. If so, I will get a copy. We are looking at it as the possible third resin kit of the International Resin Modellers Association (www.internationalresinmodellers.com). Our goal is to make all three versions: the original to be powered by the Armstrong Siddley Double Mamba, the second (built HC-I) version powered by the Wright R-3350-DA3 pistonengine and the third (built as HC-II) powered by the General Electric G.E. T-58. Cheers!

Unfortunately no technical drawings, just a rather simple drawing. As I said, information on this designs was only very sparse. Sorry!

My German publisher, the Motorbuch Verlag, has just informed me that the book will be translated into English. An American publishing house (don´t know which one yet) has bought the rights. So, anyone who is interested in the history of tiltrotor/tiltwing aircraft will be able to read it in English soon. ;)

So, anyone who is interested in the history of tiltrotor/tiltwing aircraft will be able to read it in English soon

very good news, to my sorrow my German is too basic.

luedo34 said:
My German publisher, the Motorbuch Verlag, has just informed me that the book will be translated into English. An American publishing house (don´t know which one yet) has bought the rights. So, anyone who is interested in the history of tiltrotor/tiltwing aircraft will be able to read it in English soon. ;)

Can't wait that long! Just bought it from Amazon.de.

Looking forward to seeing what you dug up on other tiltrotors: there were a surprising number of non-Bell aircraft built.

Thanks Alexander Lüdeke...

a great book with many good projects.

...and Jemiba, your drawings are the best! ;)

Servus Maveric

The English version of my book has finally been published by Schiffer. So, anyone who ist interested in tilt rotors....
:)

Thanks, Alexander Lüdeke