Register here

Author Topic: Junkers EFo designations  (Read 8981 times)

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Junkers EFo designations
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:47 pm »
Got another clue from Peter Achs. EFo-designations without another letter (e.g. EFo T.702)
generally were aircraft designs ! The "Forschungsabteilung" (research department) was dissolved
in 1942 and the remaining engineers and technicians integrated into the design teams. That probably
would explain, that the use of EFo-designations stopped.
If the designations for both departments (EF and EFo) formed a chronologically complete list, I don't
know.
Michel, you're right, the telegram style descritions aren't very helpful, but photos of the models are,
I thin. We just have to be aware, that for the assigned designations in Wagners book, we actually
have no proof. Maybe he had the original photos, stamped and with notes on the backside, but maybe
the numbers were, at least sometimes, only deduced.

BTW, Michel, do you read the Flugzeugforum ?

It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline Michel Van

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 02:10:42 am »
Got another clue from Peter Achs. EFo-designations without another letter (e.g. EFo T.702)
generally were aircraft designs ! The "Forschungsabteilung" (research department) was dissolved
in 1942 and the remaining engineers and technicians integrated into the design teams. That probably
would explain, that the use of EFo-designations stopped.
If the designations for both departments (EF and EFo) formed a chronologically complete list, I don't
know.

It cloud be a explanation why some junkers "project" have no proper EF or EFo designation 
because they were "lost" during the transfer of the Foschungsabteilung into Konstruktionsbüro

my hope is that happened to this project: Junkers "Unnamed" ground attack aircraft
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14244.0.html

BTW, Michel, do you read the Flugzeugforum ?
Nope i'm not  :-[ 
I love Strange Technology

Offline Alcides

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:38 pm »
Is there any information about the dimensions of this projects, specially for the efo-11  ? Because I've seen some models for another efo projects , for example this one:

http://www.unicraft.biz/germ/ju-srf/ju-srf.htm

but maybe they are just estimated ones, I understand Unicraft isn't very precise in some of their models.

BTW I'm continue wondering about the efo-11 project. The undercarriage is very "strange" seems to be just a central wheel with lateral skids.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 09:20:51 pm »
Unicrafts model seems to be the EFo 22. About the landing gear of the EFo 11, you're right,
a central wheel and two outrigger skids. In Wolfgang Wagners book performance data are given
(max. speed 830 km/h, 790 km/h in 6000m, climb speed 40m/s, landing speed 130 km/h,endurance
15 minutes (!), take-off distance 200m), but no dimensions. That the pilot is shown in the drawing,
should make estimations possible and maybe the shown armament, which is said to be two MG 17.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »
And as in the EF thread, the list as a txt file:

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 08:18:39 am »
I'm still not convinced that the EFo designators should get a separate treatment from the EF ones. Perhaps after all the two should be merged into a single one:

1°) All that I've seen so far seems to indicate that the EF numerals took over where the EFo ones stopped.
2°) Fo designations predated the EFo ones (Fo2 became EFo2, for instance). Junkers also used JM for Navy designs. A single topic on Junkers project designations could be enough.
3°) I haven't seen evidence of a duplicate between EF and EFo systems that would refer to two totally different projects.
4°) There is an obvious confusion between EF and EFo in many sources. EFo 12 can also be found as EF-012, EFo-12, EFo-012 and EF-12. Who can claim to have the right version?

I suggest these sites as pointers to help on these matters:
http://www.geocities.ws/hjunkers/ju_airc2.htm
http://hugojunkers.pytalhost.com/ju_airc2.htm (clone of the above)
http://www.flugzeugforum.de/forum/showthread.php?69482-Junkers-EFo-und-EF-Bezeichnungen

Offline newsdeskdan

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 01:07:55 am »
It seems to me that the EF and EFo lists are probably one and the same. Here are some pages from a Junkers document, which show that the company's own staff didn't really have a clearly defined way of writing these design designations. In one it appears as EF011, in another EFo11, we also get E.Fo-12 and E Fo-12.

Offline hesham

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2019, 03:36:21 am »
It seems to me that the EF and EFo lists are probably one and the same. Here are some pages from a Junkers document, which show that the company's own staff didn't really have a clearly defined way of writing these design designations. In one it appears as EF011, in another EFo11, we also get E.Fo-12 and E Fo-12.

My dear Dan,that was my thought from long time ago.