Register here

Author Topic: Advancedboy's Designs Topic  (Read 100158 times)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

• CLEARANCE: Secret
Advancedboy's Designs Topic
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:42:22 pm »
hi, i am a new guy here, I will post here my designs of aviation technology. the designs and upcoming ideas are solely mine. Comments welcome. Forgive my designing mediocrity, I am still at the beginning of the journey. I am a 23 years old , from Latvia, small rural town Kuldiga. My dream is to bring back manufacturing to United States , because I believe only complex, added value manufacturing could save America , and it must be resurrected. Basically I am training more on car designs and innovations, but I like aviation as well, as it represents human ingenuity and achievement.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:15:25 am by PaulMM »
If you are hotter than me, I must be cooler than you:)

Offline pometablava

• Global Moderator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Advancedboy's Designs Topic
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:30:40 am »
Welcome onboard!

No need to ask Jesus Christ help to post pictures. He has most important affairs out here.

The ability to post pictures is disabled for new members until you reach 5 posts. Just that. So you can post a few comments wherever you want or send a private message to overscan, the forum administrator, and ask him for permission to post pictures.

Antonio

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:17:05 am »
 All composite nex gen Lockheed-Martin concept XX-X.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:20:08 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 08:26:00 am »
My design of the next generation multipurpose attack helicopter with a Nitinol(r)( nickel titanium alloy) safety frame RAH (xxx)Navajo. Currently it is under reworking. It has exhaust dissipation through vents at the main propeller. Nitinol is a memory metal that leaps back to its initial shape if heated. The main pilot cockpit has nitinol safety cage. Wires are connected to each safety beam, and similar to airbag, electrical current is sent through those beams after a crash landing. The nitinol frame after the crash will bend back at its initial shape.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:50:09 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline Steve Pace

• Aviation History Writer
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 08:30:18 am »
I'd love to see some of your work dealing with existing aircraft! -SP
When you know you're right, go ahead.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:34:37 am »
The same chopper. View from the rear.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:44:20 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 09:16:38 am »
here is the next heavy Lift Transport for Sikorsky. HELITRA. Sideview will come later.

Offline bobbymike

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:43:45 am »
Great looking pictures, looking forward to your take on the next generation bomber. 
"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 10:31:30 am »
Here is the sideview of HELITRA. The tail rotor has the first in the world twin turboprop fenestron integrated in tail section. I have also finished another medium chopper sketch with twin hubless fenestron with counterrotating propellers. Also in the works- yaw vectoring research aircraft.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 06:42:27 am »
 Bell Twin-x concept with twin counterrotationg integrated fenestrons with turboprop. Each rotor has opposite angle of blades as they are conected by outer cogs of the hubless fenestrons.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:45:40 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline OM

• OMBlog
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 04:23:51 pm »
No need to ask Jesus Christ help to post pictures. He has most important affairs out here.

...Note that we don't let him moderate the forums, lest he go off on a power trip :P :P :P

Offline shockonlip

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 05:09:42 pm »

Cool stuff!

I'd love to see more.

I guess I need to look up what a fenestron is.

Cool fighter at the top.

So what are your plans? Going to a design school like CCS or ACCD?
(if your focus is on autos).

Welcome !

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 09:39:14 am »
Thanks for appreciating my sketches. My dream is to design cars, and put Detroit back on track by actually building cars in -house. I also dream to design the biggest airplane in the world and surpass An-225 Mrya, and return the title back to USA. I wish that some university would take me and teach me how to design in 3d, . Here is a sketch of next generation medium cargo plane Boeing Cargox. I am also in progress on iso view. The idea is that the plane would have a removable middle section of wings, that could be attached when heavier loads are carried. That section would be attached to gain additional lift. Well, i hope I can post yaw vectoring airplane in  a week.

Offline admanta

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 12:13:41 pm »
Here is the sideview of HELITRA. The tail rotor has the first in the world twin turboprop fenestron integrated in tail section. I have also finished another medium chopper sketch with twin hubless fenestron with counterrotating propellers. Also in the works- yaw vectoring research aircraft.

I really like your concepts. It's a lot harder to design something that looks like it will be flying 20 years from now than 100 years from now.  Every aircraft and Helli you've posted has the important "yeah we could see really this flying" feel, probably because you put so much thought into them. Keep up the great work. As others have said, I too would like to see your take on a next generation bomber. Civil commercial aviation has had too many boring designs maybe you can figure out some solutions to that as well.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 12:13:55 am »
Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot to me! Here is the front of RAH-68 Navajo next generation large multirole attack helicopter. I tried to advance some stealth features on it. for example, canon is in a seperate bay, exhaust is dissipated through vents in main rotor and air intake nozzle is curved in a way that from  the front it is hidden behind canopy curvature, the air is simply dragged in using Coanda effect. Although, who knows where the life will take me, I have this love within me.........

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 12:30:36 am »
Here is a teaser of Boeing 797. Not  fully developed yet .
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:33:26 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline admanta

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 10:30:57 pm »
Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot to me! Here is the front of RAH-68 Navajo next generation large multirole attack helicopter. I tried to advance some stealth features on it. for example, canon is in a seperate bay, exhaust is dissipated through vents in main rotor and air intake nozzle is curved in a way that from  the front it is hidden behind canopy curvature, the air is simply dragged in using Coanda effect. Although, who knows where the life will take me, I have this love within me.........

Wow, that thing just looks scary, it's almost dinosaur like with the large front facing "eyes".

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 07:06:56 am »
The idea of the chopper fascia comes from an ancient pliosaur- liopleurodon ferox, which is  believed to be the fiercest  predator that ploughed prehistoric seas. The massive jawline and `face` is inspired from that animal.

Offline XP67_Moonbat

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 08:04:06 am »
Pretty cool designs, man! And the 797, I'm feelin' it.
In God we trust, all others we monitor. :-p

Offline shockonlip

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 01:34:55 pm »
Thanks for appreciating my sketches. My dream is to design cars, and put Detroit back on track by actually building cars in -house. I also dream to design the biggest airplane in the world and surpass An-225 Mrya, and return the title back to USA. I wish that some university would take me and teach me how to design in 3d, . Here is a sketch of next generation medium cargo plane Boeing Cargox. I am also in progress on iso view. The idea is that the plane would have a removable middle section of wings, that could be attached when heavier loads are carried. That section would be attached to gain additional lift. Well, i hope I can post yaw vectoring airplane in  a week.

More Cool stuff ADVANCEDBOY!

I have some knowledge of ACCD (Art Center Collega Of Design) in Pasadena. They have a 8-term Bachelor of Science
degree in "Transportation Design". The dept. chairs' name is Stewart Reed. They teach what you are interested in,
and are one of the most famous auto design schools in the world. We're talking exterior and interior
design here. We are not talking auto engineering. You have to submit a portfolio for entrance, and if they like
you're portfolio, you're in. If you are not ready yet, they also have a prep school availabe where they will
help you get to the level you need to be at.

I am no expert at this, but from what I have seen I think you have a talent for this. As far as 3-D skills, it's going to
take practice, practice, and practice.

Next step might be, if you are in the LA area, arrange a 1-hour session with one of ACCD's admission counselors. If
you don't live in that area, you can also mail your work to them and then conduct the session over the phone as they're
looking at your work. You also could maybe call Stweart Reed and talk to him. He is a very nice guy. I've met
him. He's there for his current and future students. Just tell him what you want to do. They have a web site to find phone
numbers.

After the meetings above, I think you could actually develop a plan, or at least know more.

There are other design schools as well. CCS (Center for Creative Studies) in Detroit. The benefit of that school
is that the Detroit auto companies are more tightly involved with the school. You can also do a session with CCS like
I recommended with ACCD.

There are other schools as well. I recall a school in San Francisco run by a famous ex-auto designer.

Anyway, if I can help further, PM me.

Regards

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 12:24:45 pm »
This is another view of Boeing Cargox regional cargo plane. It differs from front view as I tried to change some details. Basically a technological innovation is the aileron behind the engines . It is directly where the exhaust of engine is, when the airplane is changing pitch, the aileron not only changes the air stream direction on the wing , but it also changes the direction of exhaust in the engines. As it basically uses the same aeleron that is on the wing , but is prolonged to go along the engine exhaust, this would allow to save weight and installation of additional motors and actuators.
    And thank you so much for giving me inspiration to work harder an come up with new ideas. I would really gladly apply for this university. I have so many car sketches, that I will have to filter through them which ones to keep, and which ones to discard,. I will start thinking on details how exactly to try to apply for studies there, as it is a very crucial, probably a life changing event...

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 12:36:40 pm »
 This is the next generation of stealth bomber B3. It has a new principle of yaw control. It has no rudder,but it uses front wing edge drag to achieve steering. The wing edge is electrostatically charged, which reduces drag by about 40 per cent. The steering( yaw control) is achieved by switching electrostatic charging off in one of the wings, thus increasing drag, which will allow the aircraft to change direction. This is just a sketch, I will post soon another sketch , which will have a rudder , and could be built to check this type of steering using rudders as back up for the technology demonstrator. The aircraft uses negative delta wing in order to have a maximum length available for electrostatic charging up front. The edges of the inner rim of the wing can be charged as well. This is not the final version as it  is only a rough sketch, but it gives a hint where I would like the future to go:) Talking about crazy, alright here it goes. The inner empty rectangles within each of the wings can be used for bombs. The bombs would have a shape so that they would perfectly fill in the wing and their shape would give additional lift once they are installed in the wings. Once the bombs are dropped, the lift of course is reduced, but so is the weight of the airplane!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:40:51 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 10:24:18 am »
Sikorsky Skya concept. Next generation of medium helicopters. It has a new type of windows, similar as used on buses. It also has a turboprop engine at rear, with ailerons going in the fenestron to control pitch. I am still practicing and I have no  specific education or good skills or tools, but I have my passion:) Hope you like it. I am still working on  b3 and Yavex.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 08:24:11 am »
Alleged Aurora. Prelimenary sketch. It has a new type of air intake, so that stealth wouldn`t be reduced by intake vents. I might do detailing later. ( Mach 2.6. ;Max. alt. 32k m,.)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »
This is Lockheed -Martin Corvus UAV. The first UAV going Mach2. Length 29m, TOGW- 23T., Alt. ceiling-26 000m.

Ian33

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 04:19:14 pm »
Corvus looks like a production variant of the Bird of Prey.

Neat skills.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 11:20:38 am »
This is next generation of planes - Boeing 80-8. It will start a new numerical series. it is a cargo plane for lifting up to 90 tons.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 11:23:48 am »
This is a the next one in series 81-8. It is a passenger plane for up to 200 passengers.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:16 am »
The project got inspiration from a folk tale about the crow and the cheese. Remember the crow was sitting in a tree with a large piece of cheese,? ..etc. The experiment is as follows. Corvus UAV is piggy-riding Boeing 80-8. At certain altitude the engines of 80-8 are shut off, while the steering input is still  from 80-8. The thrust is then activated from Corvus. So basically the duo would fly using aelerons and rudders of 80-8 but thrust from Corvus. This would be the first phase in creating next generation UAVs that could be used in far future for carrying large aircraft to runways, or saving aircraft that have engine problems. And thanks for the kind comments, it gives me inspiration:)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:43:11 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 12:14:30 pm »
This is a luxury seat for 81-8. Not econo class:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 11:22:06 pm »
As I also do car designing sketches, I get some inspiration from aviation to cars, and vice versa. Here is the idea of a retractable sideview mirror which originates from retractable gears on aircraft. it is designed for a purpose of saving fuel on drag.

Offline Pioneer

• Seek out and close with the enemy
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 02:49:23 am »
This is another view of Boeing Cargox regional cargo plane.
G'day Advancedboy
I find your Boeing Cargox design very interesting!!
Is this intended as a military aircraft?
I particularly like the fact that the main wing-spar does not go through the fuselage! Meaning no interference with the main cargo compartment!
If I my.......I think your design's main landing gear might need beefing up  :-[

Keep up the great work, and best of luck with your future and aspirations ;D

Regards
Pioneer
And remember…remember the glory is not the exhortation of war, but the exhortation of man.
Mans nobility, made transcendent in the fiery crucible of war.
Faithfulness and fortitude.
Gentleness and compassion.
I am honored to be your brother.”

— Lt Col Ralph Honner DSO M

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 06:38:27 am »
Thanks. I will need to revisit Cargox. The wing angle is too much forward and the downward tips should go upwards. if I have more time I will try to fix it. Probably the wings will come slightly downwards.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 11:29:53 am »
Next gen Multirole chopper has landed. I know I am still a lame duck in design, especially considering I am not using even any good programs or stylus pen, just a mouse. I believe in small steps and hard work... Don`t worry once I improve I will get to sketching the largest airplane evar:)

Offline admanta

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 11:58:53 am »
This is the fist time I checked this topic in a long while and needless to say, you've kept up the amazing work. Save up for a stylus pen if you can.  I'm still in awe that you're able to do all of this outstanding work with just a mouse, I'm sure your work quality will reach new heights. In the meantime you've built up a significant portfolio of great work and should look around at furthering your education.

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 02:56:32 am »
ADVANCEDBOY, I think you're really doing a fantastic job here. And I like your attitude too: hard work ALWAYS pays off.

Would you mind if I feature your helos on STINGRAY'S ROTORCRAFT FORUM, which I happen to administrate?

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 10:06:37 am »
Yes, you can use my sketches . Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot to me. here is 6th generation of fighter jet.Proriger. It has a new afterburner experiment. Basically the fuel is injected directly in the exhaust plume igniting the fuel. The rear part is extended, and injection nozzles are far from exhaust.( in 2 protruded extensions, 6 nozzles on each side). It allows to play with injection distance and experiment can be conducted at what distance afterburner injection works the best, probably at higher speed we can inject fuel farther and farther away from the exhaust nozzle. besides, the thrust vectoring is inaffected, because at hihg speeds when the afterburner kicks in, you can not use thrust vectoring anyway. Thrust vectoring at high angles would veer away the jet plume alignment with afterburner nozzles. Now I am working on the front view of the same aircraft. it will have another new feature previously not used on airplanes. the kind words. It means a lot. P.S.- I am seriously considering to applying for designing program in  a University, I would like to study in US, besides aviation  I have a car department, I have to practice for that one too:)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:41:56 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 11:12:20 am »
Front view.  I have always pondered why would one waste material and potential strength structure, such as intake manifold or intake vent and have it seperately from the fuselage or wing. I decided to join intake vents together with wings, thus the wing interior rails go through around the vents. The wing now has a steeper angle at the place of attachment to the fuselage thus giving  more strength to the wing.  Inside the vents you can see winglets or controllable aelerons which would work along exterior winglets. Those winglets can bee used for dogfight supremacy and low speed landing .

Offline Kryptid

• Unbuilt Aircraft Projects on Facebook.
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 09:00:53 pm »
I have always pondered why would one waste material and potential strength structure, such as intake manifold or intake vent and have it seperately from the fuselage or wing.
Are you talking perhaps about the boundary layer diverter? It's supposed to keep the sluggish air that lies close to the fuselage from being ingested into the engine. Modern designs like the diverterless supersonic inlet (DSI) can avoid that without a diverter, however (Look at the F-35 and J-10B).
Jesus is coming soon. Be prepared for Him.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2011, 05:33:15 am »
The further development of B-3

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 05:38:08 am »
This is next generation trainer jet Boeing T-X Tyro. The instructor is not actually even sitting in the jet. He is controlling and duplicating all control systems at the remote command center. Another novelty is another visual stealth improvement. Inlet nozzles usually are painted white so visually shadows wouldn`t cast such black spots inside the vents. This jet has a simple principle of lighting inside the inlet nozzles that is changing it`s luminosity depending on light conditions outside. A simple, inexpensive lighting system could improve visual stealth from front view. During nighttime the lighting is redundant, of course. personally I think this jet lacks unique design, but anyway...the journey continues:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2011, 05:42:52 am »
Aurora. Low speed approach and landing experiment. This is a version with swivel wings. Streamlined wings are good for high speed, yet it causes problems for landing, as it requires higher speeds for landing, thus necessitating longer runways. And for a spy plane we don`t want a long runway. I think, there is no need for the whole wing to be swiveled as it would cause problems for any surface attachments. the part of the wing goes under the hull, so when the wing is swiveled out, it also increases the air cushion area, not only the leading edge. In this configuration this airplane could be also used for lower speed cruising or carrying heavier equipment. P.S.- Stargazer, this configuration is for the purpose of electrostatic charging of the leading edge, allowing to steer the vessel once the charging is switched off on one of the wings.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2011, 05:44:19 am »
here is the swivel.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 05:48:22 am »
Well, all these posts are my imagination and none are done by real Tier 1 companies. You can read what my dream is at the beginning of the thread. I am sketching to improve. Anyway, here is the front view of RAH-68 in single pilot configuration, as I am trying to develop that chopper further.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 05:50:08 am »
Here is a bit different version.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:40:47 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2011, 05:55:51 am »
Moderator, please don`t delete this. As I stated, I am also practicing car design and sketching, so I decided to post one car sketch as well, so you have an idea what kind of car sketches I do. Here is a Buick Maelstrom concept which has air intake  that I will also try to incorporate in some airplanes. I will try to improve dynamics  and try to invent more productive inlet duct. Thanks for following my thread!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:16:37 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 02:52:30 pm »
Further development of RAH-68. The ultimate answer to all your questions. (And it ain`t 42 :)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 10:23:37 am »
Helitra( Heavy Lift Transport) front view revisited. I suggest using a graphite derivative - graphene for front windshield. Using about 10 layers of graphene sandwiched between 2 layers of glass the same way like car windshields do, we can manipulate window opacity by sending voltage through it. We could make it even nuclear blast proof by simply adding more graphene layers. The problem is graphene manufacturing is still in its infancy,booo, boo.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »
Proriger. Revisited.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 12:39:58 am »
 A fast ideation of a vertocopter- a symbio between a forward swept airplane and a twin-rotored  chopper. The rotors are counterrotating and tilt at 2-4 degrees, the air from rotor tips is channeled to air intake vents. Max alleged speed- 670km/h. The lift relies on decreased size of rotors and wings.

Offline dannydale

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 07:25:35 pm »
Two questions: Why the extremely long skinny 'obelisk' noses? Also, shouldn't this thread be more appropriate in the User Artwork forum?

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »
I want to move the initial heat from drag as far away as possible from fuselage, hence the long nose and front winglets. As to this section, I think it is Ok, as I also try to innovate and speculate of the future elements within aviation, trying not to step over the edge of existing physics and feasibility.here is a sketch of a car Dodge Ibex, so the viewers don`t get too bored with my airplane sketches. I hope I don`t get this one deleted for being not too avio-istic:)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:28:56 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2011, 01:39:02 pm »
A next generation medium cargo or multirole aircraft with propfan fenestron. it is time we dress up propfans for increased productivity. I haven`t done the sideview yet. This is just an ideation.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:16 pm »
Here is RAH -69 chopper with 2 small turbines instead of rear rotor.An ideation sketch. I hope I am not datadumping this thread with childish ideas.  I really need to get a serious degree in design, and I want to take a new path in aviation or design, yet stay within realm of feasibility. I really need to study 3d modelling so I can push forward at completely different level.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:59:33 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline XP67_Moonbat

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 08:21:45 am »
Dude, you got my vote of confidence. I think you have some good work on here and I salute you for that. Keep it up.

Offline dannydale

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2011, 03:45:40 pm »
My favorite design of yours is that Vertocopter. As for kinetic heating, you only have to worry about that up past Mach 2. Also, ever considered scimitar blades for the rotors like in the attachment?

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2011, 06:39:45 am »
Here is my `entry` , initial sketch for 6th generation fighter jet. Northrop -Grumman YF-4XXa. I might consider working on top view as well.Thank you so much for support and advice, I hope I can reward this forum with more innovation, and hopefully I can improve my designing skills.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 01:37:45 pm »
T-X2X
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:48:27 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »
Where is/are the inlet(s)? That's not them way at the back, is it? Doesn't look like there'd be enough room for the engines, let alone a curved inlet duct/radar blocker.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 02:10:26 am »
 Here is my next sketch. Next generation medium size cargo plane for Boeing. C-22X Cargox Thanks for all your replies. Afterwards I decides to compare it with existing cargo planes C-17 and Y-20. While I designed the Cargox from clean sheet without looking at any airplanes, it still has some similarities.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:57:59 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2011, 11:41:40 am »
Here you can see further development of Proriger 6gen fighter. I was unhappy with the top view, so had to redesign it. It still is not finalised. Anyway here it is.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2011, 11:44:08 am »
Here you can see proriger with Boeing 828, size comparison. I will sketch an ISO view of 828 as well.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2011, 04:42:07 pm »
Further revision of Navajo chopper.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2011, 10:31:17 am »
Boeing Cargox and an experimantslal airplane for Scaled Composites piggy -riding. I have always considered that wing structure could be made really strong by incorporating engines in them, the problem is that once the forces start bending the wing so does the inner surfaces of the engine exposing it to risky tolerances towards blades. i suggest using double assy where engine wouldn`t be a part of structural integrity but would be rather attached to inner surface on bushings.

Offline Hobbes

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2011, 10:57:22 am »
Wings with an engine inside aren't the best solution, as the experience with e.g. the Nimrod, Vulcan and Buccaneer.

1. The wing spars aren't necessarily any stronger. The engine doesn't contribute to the rigidity of the wing (if it's a jet). Piston engines have a big, rigid engine block that can be used as a structural part. Turbines don't. 
2. the hole in the wing spar dictates the engine size; the consequence is that you can't uprate the engines without redesigning the wing spar.

Offline Forscher

• Citius, Altius, Fortius
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2011, 12:54:53 pm »
Your work is truly brilliant ADVANCEDBOY. I look forward to further postings by you.

Forscher

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2011, 01:16:44 pm »
I revisited the engine location.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2011, 01:22:35 pm »
RAH 69 `Annihila`. Next generation . Basically I took my previous sketch of RAH-69, which I posted here some time ago and tried to cut out the ugly. Basically it will have some new features for helicopter industry. Behold- the double turbines partly integrated in fuselage for speed and counterbalancing the main rotor. the rear landing gear will have an actuator so it can be either lifted up or lowered. By lowering the rear landing gear the engines are slightly angled towards the gravel/landing strip. This is for more effective taxiing on runway  or liftoff in motion.The canon bay will be incorporated in fuselage and will have a seperate hatch right under FLIR module. There will be 4 weapon bays. As you can see there are 2 hatch doors one above another. Each of them opens opposite ways, while the weapons, behold this, are located on sliding rails and are winded on a curved magazine. The whole weapon bay has 4 rolls of magazines with attached rails that slide a rail outwards once the door is opened.Maybe I will post later a graphic depiction of that. Plus graphene film coated windshield.  I will still work more on air venting and stealth mode. thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. Comments encouraged:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2011, 02:00:17 pm »
here is the front view and how the weapons would be located on sliding rails.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2011, 01:47:42 pm »
My previous jet sketch revisited.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:46:50 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2012, 02:51:04 pm »
Another view of RAH-68 Navajo.  `Oh, future, bring us forward, relieve us of this longing......`

Ian33

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2012, 05:13:12 pm »
Now thats some amazing art! Hey I have a question - if I obtaned a rough sketch of a helicopter could you work your arty magic on it some time over the year?

I'd deeply appreciate it.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2012, 02:10:20 am »
Ok, I can give it a try!

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:49 am »
Here is F-19 jet plane. I never take existing airplanes or sketches. This time I did, I took F-19 and decided to go over it and redesign it my way. I consider that the original f-19 design should have been built, it looked so much like designed by professional insiders. Hope you like this one as well :)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2012, 08:58:23 am »
For a change I designed the next gen Chevrolet Cavalier, and one with a retractable hardtop. I will try to study some principles of retracting panels to implement them in aviation.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:54:04 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2012, 01:15:01 pm »
Nex gen RAH -68 attack helicopter . You just have been downsized to Hawking radiation....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:07:21 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline XP67_Moonbat

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2012, 02:36:37 pm »
Nice! What's it made with, just out of curiosity?

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »
The shape was made using industrial plastiline. The fuselage is from fiberglass resin, then a coat of fiberglass putty, fine putty, primer and sandpapered. Slightly edited on computer using Sketchpro.

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2012, 03:47:47 am »
That RAH-68 is just amazing.

Offline dannydale

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »
That helo is freaking cool! B)

Offline sienar

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2012, 07:08:00 pm »
Nex gen RAH -68 attack helicopter . You just have been downsized to Hawking radiation....

I'd like to ask what thats actually made of.

Is that a composite image, or is the sand rendered as well?

And whats your workflow like? Cinema4d, max, blender.. rendering in raster or a ray tracer?

I like your work. Its not exactly to my aesthetic tastes in terms of design, but you definitely have a developed and identifiable trademark to your style.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2012, 09:03:10 am »
   I used industrial plastiline to create the shape, then fiberglass fabric with epoxy. Then fiberglass putty, after that , finishing putty. then all sandpapered, finalised with a gray primer. I only use SketchPro program for sketches, as I m not taught how to deal with better programmes. I used sketchpro just to add minor tweaks and corrections to the chopper. I know I am not good enough, but I hope to get into some university for further studies, so I could nail  it:) All that i have learnt so far is on my own. And thanks to all  of you folks for your kind comments and responses!

Here is my car. I built it also using fiberglass, . It is based on Dodge Stealth. Took me 2 years to do it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:38:23 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2012, 09:18:46 am »
If you ask me what took me so long to build it. Well, interior and all the actuators and wiring and additional equipment took a lot of time. Here you can see redone luggage compartment a.k.a. trunk. the trunk lid is power, so is the rear spoiler, all parts are synthetic red leather wrapped, which took ungodly amount of time to do it with precision and nice fit and finish. Headrests, rear speaker panel, and many gazillion more parts were built and added.And all of them had to be integrated so that they look  orignal , as if made by the manufacturer. I work only this way. Thanks, and comments and questions invited.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:34:58 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2012, 11:46:47 am »
Genius at work!

Offline dannydale

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2012, 05:30:52 pm »
Very nice car!! The only nitpick is the line right at the front edge of the hood scoop. Looks like a really good boundary-layer trip.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2012, 10:08:07 am »
Here is my blog, check it out, and tell me what you think. I hope to post Boeing 797 somewhat soon.
http://advancedboydesigns.blogspot.com

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:28 pm »
Here is Northrop-Grumman YF-XX revisited.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2012, 10:38:59 am »
Navajo updated.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2012, 01:17:03 am »
RH-68c civil version.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2012, 07:37:22 am »
Proriger. Furthering. Sneak peek. Negative canards for gravity ballet. :)  I tried to take it to the next level in terms of air intake. I propose to create intake similar to shark gills so that we could bend surface of it according to the speed and air needed. We can use simple actuators to lift and bend the surface upwards if more air is necessary, I think we have such materials to do that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:06:20 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2012, 08:52:36 am »
Next generation   single  engine trainer jet.  Boeing T-X. Unfinalised yet. About 70 % finished. Stay tuned.:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2012, 10:16:43 am »
An unfinalised small series helicopter for Bell. Stay tuned:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2012, 02:03:00 pm »
This is a commercial van for Chevrolet. For usage in airports. And Dodge Dakota next generation.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:31:19 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2012, 06:35:19 pm »
Neat stuff!!  :)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2012, 08:44:51 am »
I have no skills to create 3d images, but I must develop  language that I can incorporate in my designs once I make my first baby steps in 3d. Here is a sketch of the future coming. We must go forward on the verge of existing physics. Here is the nex gen air supremacy jet . A view at belly. Some parts of it are still  classified. Top view might join later.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:32 am »
As they said in Monty Python` and now something completely different`. Here is a new emblem for New York. The top part has WTC incorprated into it. Leave your comments:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2012, 12:11:44 am »
YF-38 revisited.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:13:16 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline HeavyG

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2012, 12:25:54 pm »
Very nice!

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2012, 10:52:39 am »
Aeterna revisionist. YF-XX revisited. Flirting with the 6th gen.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2012, 10:56:51 am »
Navajo front canopy revisited.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:04:53 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2012, 11:09:10 am »
Under construction. Classified. New principles of yaw/thrust control coming. A possible B-3 interpretation. Design unfinalised.

Offline XP67_Moonbat

« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:02 pm »
Outstanding work! Keep it comin!

Offline malipa

• TU Delft AE student
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2012, 05:18:47 am »
Question:
Why are you using so many control-surfaces? they increase drag and with 3 dimension thrust vectoring you can eliminate the rudder, and you can mix the ailerons and elevators.
Another disadvantage of the control surfaces is that is makes it harder for the aircraft to be stealth.

I guess the best fighter shape would be some sort of raindrop, with one engine.

Offline Reaper

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2012, 12:59:02 am »
Great designs!!! Sadly in aviation engineering rules are dictating the design.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2012, 11:15:48 am »
  Thanks for the kind words. I will use them as sparks to ignite the torch to carry on. It is the dream in inception. Then it is a skillful sculptor to chisel off everything redundant. Albeit my hands are shaky, misguided  by emotion over reason, ego over skills and yearning for the tangible result over articulated effort, I toddle forward.  I will take that path less walked by...as it has been done eons before me, and will be ..eons after.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2012, 10:30:38 am »
I decided to  heavily modify the recently released McLaren P1 . Hope you like it. Pictures courtesy of McLaren/Advancedboy.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:18 am »
Frontal view.

Offline dannydale

« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2012, 09:19:17 pm »
NICE CAR! B)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 10:38:37 am »
Future commercial medium helicopter for Bell. it is kinda not finished yet, but I will also add a sketch from ffont view and explain the new type of steering mechanism. Bell 20-12X Skywarp.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:30:08 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2012, 08:42:36 am »
A propfan fenestron cargo  bi-plane  revisited.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2012, 06:52:17 am »
Boeing 797.  I decided to make it a  twin deck  to flirt with superjumbo category.  Instead of having  fully-fledged 2 decks as on  A380 or a ` dromedary hump` as on  venerable 747, I went for a second floor as a full deck, while the first is beneath and shares compartments with cargo  deck. I went for this version in order no to increase the circumference of the fuselage too much, and my hunch tells me  we could decrease the volume of cargo compartments. As you can see right next to  the lower deck there are wing assemblies. And that is all about that:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2012, 09:31:09 am »
This is a cargo utility helicopter. I have not finished it yet. I am so far trying to smooth out the shape and practice new designs, that would be within building feasibility. I like future within a grasp of technology :) This could propbably be a Chinook replacement:) I also promised that I will  present a new tail section control, I just have to resketch it . I might revisit my older designs as well in ordet to finalise them.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2012, 07:40:49 am »
This is Acura NSX next generation production version. I took and revisited the concept. Rendering courtesy of Acura( Honda)/Advancedboy

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2012, 07:42:57 am »
Aurora revisited.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2012, 12:00:56 pm »
This is a camera I designed for Kodak. You can turn around the LED screen.  I might show you the other side of the camera if you are interested. Not very airplane related, but then again you might keep it in your pocket, once on a plane:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2012, 04:50:39 pm »
NAIAS 2013. GMC Cliffhanger.  :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:38:54 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2012, 11:35:25 pm »
A small multipurpose vehicle for the now defunct Mercury brand. Mercury Promys.

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2012, 05:09:35 am »
Your work is getting better and better...  ;)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2013, 08:01:54 am »
  More than a year ago I designed a jet trainer called Boeing T-X.  Now it is time to redesign it. Here is the teaser of it. T-X is currently under construction. Thank you Stargazer 2006 for your  comment and appreciation.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2013, 10:13:42 am »
About your "Mercury Promys"
Or maybe first, as not to be misunderstood. Your renderings look great, I wish, I would be able to handle those tools
as professionally as you, said with all proper respect !
I think, your car designs actually are much better, than your designs of aircraft. I really can imagine, that those cars,
you created, would make it into production ! I saw it and thought for me " Ah, could be the after next version of our
Opel Zafira " (If Opel is still there then at all !). But to my opinion, the faults of the Zafira here seem at least not to be
rectified, but maybe even enhanced. The A-pillar looks very strong, probably good for safety, but bad for drivers view.
In the Zafira, skewed forward-looking already is difficult, although window framing, which is strong in your design, still
is relatively slim there. Again, that design looks great, but I think (as already expressed in the Bell 525 thread), to my
opinion nowadays there are a lot of cases, where the functionality takes second place against design and the aggrieved
one is the customer. There often seem to be a lack of communication between designers and customers, or maybe just
too much public relations ? I know, that especially in the case of consumer electronics "design rules it all", but combining
both aspects should be possible, I think ?   ;)
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2013, 12:56:31 am »
I agree with you. That Mercury kinda looks similar to Opel Zafira. Unintentionally. I also agree that A-pillar is too thick and could impede the front view. That is why I added the small window in the corner of A-pillar. Might be still too small though. I think my design also looks too conventional, bu I am still practicing and trying to improve. I might reconsider it later, but then again for concept vehicles desgners are given somewhat a `poetic pass`.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2013, 01:45:16 am »
Hard to tell, but the B-pillar of your design seems to be quite slim, so maybe the A-pillar actually has to be
stronger, than usual. One problem with those minivans is, to my opinion, that due to the higher ceiling,you
are seated quite far away from the forward windscreen edge, so the panoramic effect of the curved windscreen
gets lost. And it's hard, to wipe the inner side ! Of course, blower and air-condition should make this unnecessary,
but it still takes quite a lot of time, so a rag still is the faster solution .. as long, as your seat-belt isn't fastened.
Don't worry about the similarity to the Zafira. Ours is silver coloured, so coming back into the garage, you generally
sea dozens of cars, that look like ours ...   ;)

Offline shockonlip

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:10 pm »
Thanks AdvancedBoy for treating us to your neat ideas!

I continue to enjoy looking at your work!

Now just some miscellaneous comments.

Back on your Corvette item. I immediately recognized it as a Vette.
How about trying your own shot at a split window coupe. Or a split window
coupe/convertible? Not sure anyone has ever taken a shot at something like that.
Understand what I mean? A Vette comvertible that can transform into a split
window coupe and back again.

As far as the McLaren P1. You toned it down!    :-)
It's a nice job you did, but personally I like the outrageousness of the original and how
the normal things ike vehicle lights, radiator inlets, etc work into the wild design.
But I am sure some P1 customers may agree with you and prefer your example.  :-)

I always like your helicopters!

Looking forward to your Boeing 797!!

Love your B-3 design! Ever done people? Maybe a cool flight line scene from above
(because of the cool shape) of a number of B-3's and a scramble near dusk where you
can play with lighting of taxi ways, the ramp, and runway and maybe other lights and the
air crew cars. There is a neat shot of Whiteman AFB from above showing a number of
B-2's on the ramp. Fo some reason it's hard to find online. But find that and use that for inspiration
maybe. Just an idea.

Also like your 6th gen jets.

Keep it up!

Thanks again!

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »
Thank you , Shockonlip, but I am not really sure what you mean by split window . Do you  mean something like targa roof with the roof split in 2 segments? Or you mean retractable hardtop like on some versions of Pontiac G6 Coupe? Or you mean windows seperated by B and C pillars that are visible and not covered by glass?
As to my designs, I will revisit them and start posting them back  in the same places that they are now. You wil only see that the post has been edited and the old redfering has disappeared. I hope to revisit majority of them. Of course I will try to add some new stuff as well.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2013, 08:31:45 am »
Boeing T-X next gen trainer jet. Some new features. The rear landing gear is moved backwards . I did it on  purpose. As rookies might expose the jet to extreme manoeuvers while taking off or landing it is crucial that even at extreme angle of landing or take off the landing gear hits the tarmac first, not the exhaust nozzle tips of the engine. Also the front part of underbelly has a small winglet which not only stabilises air stream but is also used if front landing gear is damaged or can`t be retracted. The winglet has a graphene tip and can stop the jet without damaging the fuselage underbelly and air intake parts. If the  winglet was not there not only the fuselage would be damaged but shrapnels of asphalt and fuselage parts would be sucked in the air intake damaging the engine as well.  Hope you` re enjoying the sketch and ideations behind it:) (I re -edited it once more and moved the landing gear forward.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:41:29 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2013, 11:55:18 am »
It seems to be intended not only as a trainer, isn't it ? There are weapons bays and for a pure trainer
stealth probably isn't necessary. But many trainers double as llight strike or fighter aircraft. and maybe
the time, this design enters service, the maintenace problems with stealthy aircraft will be overcome
completely. In the moment, I think, they simply would rule out a stealth trainer, just because of cost
issues.
The point that to my opinion will create severe problems is the main gear. Positioned as far aft, as it is,
you'll need a very strong aerodynamic force to get the front wheel from the ground and rotate the aircraft.
And the fin as "emergency skid" seems not to be such a good idea, too. It had to be eytremely strong with
an appropriate (and probably heavy) attachement to the fuselage. I just would call it a blade antenna.  ;)

Offline shockonlip

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2013, 07:53:40 pm »
Thank you , Shockonlip, but I am not really sure what you mean by split window . Do you  mean something like targa roof with the roof split in 2 segments? Or you mean retractable hardtop like on some versions of Pontiac G6 Coupe? Or you mean windows seperated by B and C pillars that are visible and not covered by glass?
As to my designs, I will revisit them and start posting them back  in the same places that they are now. You wil only see that the post has been edited and the old redfering has disappeared. I hope to revisit majority of them. Of course I will try to add some new stuff as well.

Hi.
It's like the B-pillar between the front and rear-side windows only it's in the middle of the rear window
(splits the rear window into two pieces).
But it is not just a splitter, it is done in a stylistic manner. It adds beauty.
On the Corvette it was only done in the 1963 Corvette Coupe.
As such it makes the 1963 Corvette coupes more valuable and attractive to enthusiasts.
And because of that, it was done on the C7 concept coupe as well (in a more modern fashion).
I enclosed small photos of both.
Now, retractible hardtops are popular these days.
I wonder if a retractible split window coupe could be done?

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2013, 12:30:47 am »
I am not sure if I might add split windows, but this Friday Corvette C7 in my interpretation is coming. I decided to revisit the just released legend:) As to retractable hardtops, US companies are not eager to make them, as there are not many companies that would be willing to tackle the task, and believe me it is a complex one. If I remember correctly Metalcrafters and also Valmet from Finland are usually trusted these tasks. As to split windows plus retractable hardtop, why not, I guess it should be possible.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2013, 11:36:19 am »
Corvette C7. I tried to be gentle with the legend. The first picture is the Chevrolet as designed by GM.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2013, 12:41:16 am »
Another view.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2013, 09:51:37 am »
Hi everyone! To  admit , I like to invent stuff, but I like to be somewhat reasonable and invent things that would be feasible for the nearest future. I try to keep unicorns out of  my designs as much as possible, but of course, my inexpierence, and lack of knowledge blurrs this borderline, and some of them simply ride in:) Anyhowz, this is my new idea for Lockheed`s future experimental aircraft. I decided to implement retractable or foldable rudders. Once the aircraft is airborne the rudders retract( fold) into wings creating a flat surface. The same flaps that are used for rudders now are a part of the wing working as flappers/ailerons. As you can see at the same time the wing also has flappers. Thus by moving rudder flappers and wing flappers/ailerons to opposite directions ( for example rudder based flapper moves upwards, while the wing based flapper moves downward) . This way we can control pitch , yaw and roll. I think this design would allow us make new experiments in aircraft controls and manipulate with maneouverability, because the wing area can be reduced by simply folding back the rudders. this design is not finalised, and will also provde belly view of the craft. I have also created  a new chopper control , but I will sketch it later. Actually, I have been postponing it for some time already:)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:11 am »
Belly view. Unfinalised as well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:11:30 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2013, 10:05:03 am »
I decided to post my interpretations of Bell 525 Relentless here, so they don`t get lost along the forum. You have seen these already. Warning- this is only my version of the 525 , and is not a complete design of mine.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2013, 11:15:49 am »
About the fighter design with foldable rudder: The rudder itself would need to have an airfoil, I think,
so my question: How will you provide a flat surface, when the rudder is retracted ?

About the Bell : In times, when companies are engaged in patent disputes because of the radii
of edges and corners of electronic gadgets, I'm not sure, that Bell won't get problems with Kamov !   ;)

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:57 pm »
The rudder doesn`t need airfoil, as it doesn`t need pressure difference and doesn`t need to provide lift. The lift will be provided by  main wings and as the folded in rudders occupy only a small percentage of the total wing area, the airfoil should be minimal or negligible. What it does need is a slight camber once retracted, which could be provided by actuators. The mimicking of airfoil can be achieved by slightly moving downwards flaps on the rudders.
  As to Ka -92 resembling my 525 derivative, it clearly shows that no line matches, so the patent issue is non applicable. Besides, Kamov is a serious engineering company and wouldn`t resort to such nitpicking issues.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2013, 10:46:50 am »
Maturing of Lockheed`s future fin-vectoring aircraft . The initial sketch is on the previous page.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:18:56 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2013, 12:41:07 pm »
 Here is the frontal view. It will have the first  variable DSI control. So we can go ubersonic:) while manipulating air inlet air pressure and speed. I will work on it later once I get more time for it and more gumption:) This is an initial sketch, and will be changed, fine-tuned and redone.
 On a sidenote.
I want these machines  to be  built for the sake of beauty. Not for the sake of destruction. When a panther jumps in an attack we freeze the moment of leap. We enjoy the grace and the muscles playing underneath the silky skin. We `njoy the dramatic proportions and the shifting mass of strength that propells the beast of unimaginable strength. It is about Vivaldi, the music frozen in metal, it is the melody of heated air swooshing along the canards once a Su-37 alike bird performs a cobra or Nestorov`s circular  ballet, it is about  those tears from corners of eyes of chief engineers and their trembling hands and fingers they try to hide in their pockets, once their cherished birds go airborne in maiden flights. It is about ingenuity, tears and blisters, sighs and  smiles.. it is about us, who we are as men, born to be be free, untamed, and tamed for a purpose.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:10:25 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30:41 pm »
My older design revisited.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2013, 09:53:36 pm »
Is it me or my monitor, or is the picture somewhat clinched ? The wheels look oval, not circular.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2013, 12:10:19 am »
They  could be slightly. I have my computer jacked up to a Sony LED tv set, so the aspect ratio changes. I try to guesstimate and adjust the pics, but sometimes they are somewhat distorted.

Offline perttime

• I really did change my personal text
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2013, 12:17:09 am »
When I draw wheels in a side view, I do them as circles. The program that I use (Inkscape) has a keyboard option to make ovals into circles, so I don't have to rely on my eyes.
... then I have to flatten the ground contact patch manually to make them a little more realistic...

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2013, 01:00:11 pm »
Hi guys, haven`t been around for a while. I `ve been working for the past 2 weeks on Boeing 797 `Journeo` next generation passenger aircraft.  I am building a scale model. So far only the fuselage is built for 70 %. The rollout should be in august I guess. Once the Journeo gets engine upgrades in 10 years, it will be called JourNEO` :) So far I can`t decide should I go with the design of 797 depicted a couple of pages back or use this design . leave your suggestions, thanks.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2013, 05:31:28 am »
Further development of a sketch I posted recently. Lockheed-Martin F-XX. With DSI control.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2013, 01:17:12 am »
  Progress report. So far the fuselage is 80 % finished. And one wing is ready as well. Now applying white primer to sandpapeer it later. After that the second wing will be built. Then both wings will be attached to the fuselage and aligned. After that The wings will be cut off about the area of engine location then they will be reattached at angle with fiberglass putty to create curvature of wings as viewed from front. After that I will work on engine attavhment panels. All elements are designed and built from scratch without any references to any existing designs, that is why it wil take me some more time to fine-adjust design details. the only design element I will use an offshelf part is chrome-coated  front part of engine cowling which wil be taken from a lamp. Thank you for following my design attempts.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2013, 06:05:16 am »
I had some free time while the paint was drying, so I decided to redesign Tacit Blue. I took an existing photo and redesigned majority of it except the landing gear. Anyhow, here it is. Tacit Blue 2.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:07:18 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »
Again a little bit of nitpicking, but taking-off could be difficult, I think, as ground clearance
seems to be too low after the main gear. Would at least result in a nasty souond ...

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2013, 12:18:42 pm »
You might be right, I could try to change the landing gear a bit, as I don`t want to change visual slope and mass of the aircraft.  I also revisited fin vectoring jet posted here not so long time ago. Here it is.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2013, 10:38:46 am »
   Progress report 2. The wing design has been finalised for 85 %(the wings were built seperately , then attached to the fuselage, after that they were cut in a segment  and attached at angle), the fuselage is 85 % finalised. Engines are not attached, they are on the floor but they represent their approximate location once attached. Attachment pylons are not built yet but I am working on it. The large pylons where the rear engines will be attached haven`t been finalised yet, and various designs are under consideration.The rear twin vertical stabilisers haven`t been designed  yet. Total project readiness 40%. Projected symmetry deviation- 1mm( approx. size-100cm x 115cm) Materials used- plastic, fiberglass, steel, ceramics. Projected rollout - end of August.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2013, 12:20:21 pm »
Chrysler Elope concept.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »
A slight update of 797 `Journeo`. A view from rear .

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2013, 01:57:20 am »
Boeing 797 `Journeo` coming soon( ish). Prelimenary sneak peek. Total assembly readiness- 94%.

* 797 will have nex gen General Electric engines with new blades that are attached not only to to inner axis but outer as well similar to rotors on some shrouded fans. This will help to preserve engine integrity in case an alien object penetrates the air intake. A single blade will be never broken out completely only in the segment it absorbs the direct hit. Additional weight to the engine is estimated no more than 30kg.
* The configuration of wings above fuselage was chosen in order to install high -bypass jet engines.  The engines stand high enough not to compromise air intake quality by sucking in runway debris. Another reason was improved visibility for passengers, as the wings won`t obstruct the view now.
* Emergency doors and passenger doors will have very large windows as the door window size and shape doesn`t directly compromise fuselage integrity and strength, while the windows directly installed in a fuselage do.
 More innovation to come .....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:53:27 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2013, 05:26:47 am »
Looks good and easy reconfigurable for military tasks such as tanker or even strategic transport.
I'm just not quite sure about the very large box tail. In combination with the small canards and the
big flaps on the inner wing section, I could imagine, that a much smallerr one would give sufficient
control authority and save a lot of weight.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »
Probably the rear section stabilizers could be a notch smaller, but I designed them instinctively, and the size of both vertical stabilizers seemed to fit, I might be wrong. Anyway, here is another view.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:23:15 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2013, 12:24:09 am »
Belly view. Journeo skyborne.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:12:54 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2013, 06:58:07 am »
Front view.

Offline hesham

« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2013, 10:32:07 am »
Here is my next sketch. Next generation medium size cargo plane for Boeing. C-22X Cargox Thanks for all your replies. Afterwards I decides to compare it with existing cargo planes C-17 and Y-20. While I designed the Cargox from clean sheet without looking at any airplanes, it still has some similarities.

By the way,

I submitted a draft for a transport aircraft from my creation like this concept to the Boeing in 2008,but it differed
in many details and it was a STOL design.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2013, 12:26:24 am »
Thank you for your replies. I still haven`t done the passenger windows  and I will post them as soon as I have them finished.
 I am planning to build another airplane, but I would like you to participate and vote which airplane from my designs you would like to be built. Or I could build an airplane whose design is still ` classified` and I haven`t posted  it yet. One consideration is a future strategic bomber design which I  have sketched in 2 seperate designs. The details are not all clear yet, but I like that it would be a challenge. It will be called  BX-3`Stratosfear`.

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2013, 04:28:44 am »
Nicely done! Keep up the good work!
To the Stars

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2013, 06:20:31 am »
Sideview. I might reconsider reworking rear vertical stabilizers, their size might be decresed and smaller winglets added to the lower section of v. stabilizers. Thanks for your support.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:00:15 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2013, 09:24:45 am »
  Currently I am reworking 797 tail section. It will be narrowed in size and canards added. Actually it might be ready by tomorrow.
I am also considering my next project. It could  be either further development of Proriger or B-3 `Stratosfear`, which I haven`t posted yet. By my next project I mean I could build a model of it. But it will take muh longer time, as Idon`t  have vacation and enough free time. If given a `go` it might see a rollout by June-july 2014.
 Here is Proriger. It is unfinalised and provides a draft sketch and ideation.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2013, 12:02:56 pm »
797 `Journeo` revisited.
One version has additional horizontal stabilizers. Maybe that should be established as the final version, I don`t know. But as the whole hor/vert stabilizer section got narrowed down it could necessitate additional horizontal stabilizers.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:03:28 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2013, 12:24:20 pm »
Further development of Proriger. I also added  one of the versions of B-3` Stratosfear` , which is unfinalised. It will have a couple of large actuators implanted in front part of the nose section . The wings will be flexible and the actuators by lifting up front part of the wing will control pitch.
 As to Proriger- I would like to build actually a mockup. 1:1 size . But I can`t do it alone.  It would take about 2 years to build it. If someone is willing to be part of it, is rich and could provide materials, space and tools, shelter and just the basic survival staples such as food, I would go for  it without any pay whatsoever. The mockup of course would stay in US, and could be displayed upon agreement. I will also need at least one more person to work on the project, that is a hands on guy on technical issues and would work along me. The best would be a team of 3 people . That would be a great challenge and a new xplane for US . It would be approx. 22 metres long . I know, I sound silly, almost out of my mind, but , think for a moment, there are many aviation buffs, that would welcome such an endeavour.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:31:52 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2013, 07:23:06 am »
Further development of my previous design T-X. The whole fuselage might come later.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2013, 07:28:03 am »
Initial sketch for Gulfstream NeX business jet. Undeveloped yet. the surface of the main wing area will be illuminated with a projection. Basically a camera will film the ground below and a projector will then simulate a semi-transparency of wings. Will not work in very light conditions but in dusk and night it might look awesome.:)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:34:06 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2013, 07:29:03 am »
One of B-3 versions. The reduced size pic was the previous step in continuous process of developing the B-3. This version is unmanned. I might add different iterations later.

Offline Orionblamblam

• Secret Projects Guru
  • Top Contributor
    • Aerospace Projects Review
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2013, 10:46:06 am »
Very sci-fi. Not terribly realistic, but vaguely appealing in a fantasy sense.
Aerospace Projects Review

And so the endless circle of life comes to an end, meaningless and grim. Why did they live, and why did they die? No reason. Two hundred million years of evolution snuffed out, for in the end Nature is horrific and teaches us nothing

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2013, 10:33:11 am »
Thank you for your replies, and Orionblamblam, thanks for your reserved support via evasive eloquence:) Curently I am working on details for various airframes, including Cargonaut, which should see daylight in 2014-15. Another jet is in the works, might post it a notch later. I still can`t decide which airplane I should start building this year.
Anyhowz, I also designed a new logo for Vivitar , and added a new slogan.  Rather out of sadness, if you know my dreams.........

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2013, 05:22:41 am »
Update on `Journeo`. Plus front view of widebody version.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:55:43 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:15 am »
Approximate direction where the Proriger might go. If I endeavour to build it, it will be the most complex model I have ever built. The canopy is not finalised yet.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:18:44 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2013, 06:53:05 am »
797 `Journeo` cargo version.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2013, 12:01:32 pm »
I took the 6th gen Mustang and decided to redesign it.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2013, 06:45:28 am »
Northrop-Grumman Slamdunk UAV
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:23:53 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2013, 06:57:27 am »
Looks great, i hope you post some more images of this.

regards

pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2013, 11:27:15 am »
Northrop -Grumman Slamdunk manned version. I might add iso- view later. Hopefully I can post Cargonaut  some time later, as I am working on its details. I have given it `a go` and  it is going to be built. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:05:49 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline GTX

• All hail the God of Frustration!!!
    • Beyond The Sprues
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2013, 11:36:49 am »
I don't know - with a wing shape like that perhaps it should be called the "Corsair II" ;)

Offline Rlewis

• I really should change my personal text
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2013, 09:01:21 am »
You do great art!  B)

Offline Firefly 2

« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2013, 10:14:05 am »
I don't know - with a wing shape like that perhaps it should be called the "Corsair II" ;)

Wasn't that the designation for the LTV A7?

Offline GTX

• All hail the God of Frustration!!!
    • Beyond The Sprues
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2013, 11:37:38 am »
Corsair III then ;D

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2013, 09:46:36 am »
Thank you for following my sketches.  Anyhowz, I decided to rework the manned version of Slamdunk one more time as I was not happy with the  air intake shape. Here it be.

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2013, 08:29:51 am »
That is great, the fighter looks even better than the ucav, good work Advancedboy.

best regards

pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2014, 04:36:05 am »
Thank you for your support. This  is my first sketch this year- Apex Predator UAV. Stay tuned, be happy:)

Offline Rlewis

« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2014, 07:45:26 am »
Looks quick!

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2014, 10:33:35 am »
Currently I am working on Cargonaut.( I have started the fuselage)  This is a rendering of possible engine configuration for it. It will have a unique fuselage, wings, etc. This pic simply illustrates the possible engine placement using Journeo as a sample. What do you think, will this work?

Offline malipa

• TU Delft AE student
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2014, 10:42:45 am »
How do you think your aircraft will fly? Maybe look closer to the size of the control surfaces of your aircraft. And what will the heat of the engines do to your fuselage? and wouldn't it be rather loud?

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2014, 11:47:56 pm »
How do you think your aircraft will fly? Maybe look closer to the size of the control surfaces of your aircraft. And what will the heat of the engines do to your fuselage? and wouldn't it be rather loud?
1. The noise wouldn`t be an issue, as the engines are not directly attached to the fuselage and vibration is not transfered directly. Even if they were attached to the fuselage it wouldn`t cause any problems. ( Check Tu-104 , for example.)
2. The size or rather area of control surface is sufficient, you should check other `Journeo` pictures for a point of reference. This picture is shot from front and perspective of wings gives impression that control surface area is insufficient.
3. I also question that heat would be a problem to the  fuselage. As you can see it is apart from it, and the exhaust plume  would reach its lateral expansion already in area behind the aircraft.

Offline malipa

• TU Delft AE student
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2014, 12:09:49 am »
Great thinking!

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2014, 04:08:35 am »
I would be rather afraid of aerodynamic problems due to the close spacing of
the inner nacelles to the fuselage. Putting the engines further outboard on a single
pylon for each pair shouldn't be a structural problem, I think.

Offline Bill Walker

• Per Ardua ad Nauseum
    • Canadian Military aircraft Serial Numbers
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2014, 05:16:35 am »
You will have serious structural issues when the wings try to flex, putting loads through the engine struts.  You are best off to let the flappy bits flap.

I have seen this on a smaller scale on a helicopter project where an enlarged battery tray was attached to the tail boom and the adjacent fuselage.  As the tail boom flexed the battery tray cracked.  Beefing up the tray just produced cracks in the tail boom.  Detaching the tray completely from the fuselage led to no cracks, and lighter structure.
Bill Walker

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2014, 10:42:44 pm »
 I might agree with some of your concerns. But I don`t want to remove unorthodox ideas and make the plane....plain. As to wing elasticity, the closer we move to the fuselage the less amplitude of wing movement we have. To compensate the probable wing movement I might add a curvature( to dissipate tension) in small winglets between engine nacelles and fuselage. As to aerodynamic issues dealing with engine proximity to fuselage, I need more detailed elaboration on the nature of probable issues.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2014, 12:04:18 am »
... As to wing elasticity, the closer we move to the fuselage the less amplitude of wing movement we have. ...

Not sure about that. AFAIK, in aircraft with podded engines, the engine weights are used as counter weights to
limit wing flexing. Otherwise the spar would have to be stiffer and probably heavier.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2014, 09:03:37 am »
FATSO ( Future Airborne Tactical Surveillance Operator).  MGTOW -32T. (The name is a reference to Keyboard Cat:))
 Currently working on Cargonaut. 10 % finished.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:46:36 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »
Progress report on Cargonaut. Rear iso view.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2014, 11:23:08 am »
Lockheed-Martin `nvader concept. Cargonaut rollout projected in August.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:16:38 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2014, 07:30:28 am »
This is great,do you have any other views of this aircraft?

regards

pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2014, 12:09:47 am »
No, I don`t have any other  perspective views of this concept, but I can sketch some if you give me some time.  As I am still practicing I am not that good at isometric views, so it will take time. Small steps:) Here is `nvader UAV version.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2014, 01:45:39 am »
Both look great, but the wheels seem to be squeezed vertically. On the main gear legs, this could
mean a certain camber of the wheels, but on the nose wheel probably not. So maybe the whole
drawing is somewhat distorted ?

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2014, 08:12:56 am »
Looks great,thanks a lot.

regards

pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2014, 01:08:53 pm »
Jemiba, the wheels might look squeeed because of aspect ratio of my screen. As Pedrospe wanted other views of the same concept I added Lockheed-Martin `nvader UAV flyover view where the belly of the craft is visible.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:53:32 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2014, 07:56:44 am »
looking good,thanks a lot,just one question,is the nvader concept a strike aircraft or a fighter aircraft?

best regards

pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2014, 02:23:27 pm »
Cargonaut . Progress report. I think I wion`t able to have a rollout in August, it might take me longer to shape  it the way I want it, so  it might be ready  by November probably. It will have  v shaped vert. stabilizers,  new wing and pylon connection  system, new type of sharklets, double APUs. Here is a sideview, I will add later iso-  belly view.
 P.S. -Pedrospe, I  think `nvader might be a  `stealth high altitude loitering platform`:)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:36:27 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2014, 09:46:13 pm »
Progress report on Cargonaut. Some changes might apply in existing design.

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2014, 02:51:19 am »
Looking good!
To the Stars

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2015, 10:36:13 pm »
Ford GT 2016 reworked.( This is how I would have liked  it built :) ) The original from Ford is the first pic. Work on Cargonaut was on hold  but now has resumed.

Online George Allegrezza

« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2015, 11:17:39 am »
Nice pic AB, but the aero slots aft of the doors are important for drag reduction as well as feeding the big wing that will appear on the GTLM version.  Also, now that you closed off the radiator efflux ramps up front, where is the flow from the duct going?  Those ramps generate a lot of downforce, which is why they're there in the first place (ref: Corvette C7.R).

Online sferrin

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:15 am »
Ford GT 2016 reworked.( This is how I would have liked  it built :) ) The original from Ford is the first pic. Work on Cargonaut was on hold  but now has resumed.

Looks like it's trying to be a Modena.
"DARPA Hard"  It ain't what it use to be.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:15 pm »
A medium utility helicopter for Bell MUH-X . Reminds me a bit of some Kamov designs. MUH has a  2D thrust vectoring exhaust incorporated in a single module with rear rudders.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:01:51 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2015, 08:31:47 am »
A sketch of unfinalised jet concept. Front view. The previous chopper sketch was redone. I also added a jigsaw of various concept sketches that I have not finished. They will be finalised one by one , hopefully:)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:22:18 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline cluttonfred

• Eric Clutton's classic homebuilt FRED and more!
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2015, 12:23:42 am »
I am enjoying the conceptual artwork, thanks for sharing.  For a little bit of inspiration, if you are willing to take requests, I have always thought that the Mignet two-axis tandem-wing formula would make a great STOL assault transport at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent rotorcraft.  What do you think something like that might look like, perhaps inspired by the Croses B-EC-9 Para Cargo?  Cheers, Matthew
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info
A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2015, 05:38:54 am »
Thank you for your appreciation, your idea might work. I will sketch the bi-plane concept for Saturday.  A 20-35 ton  cargo twin jet powered STOL  concept. 

Offline cluttonfred

« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2015, 06:57:05 am »
Sounds like fun, thanks.
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2015, 09:52:01 am »
A sketch for an unmanned aerial vehicle. Initial overall design. I will post some sketches of a  bi-plane tomorrow.

Offline martinbayer

« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2015, 01:37:54 pm »
Thunderbird 2 with canards. Will there also be an optional pod?

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2015, 02:11:27 pm »
Martin Bayer, I was not aware of Thunderbird 2 existence. And I don`t think they have any significant commonalities.  Anyhowz, this is a logo for an alleged Northrop -Grumman classified  and experimental aircraft unit.

Offline martinbayer

« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2015, 02:37:28 pm »
Martin Bayer, I was not aware of Thunderbird 2 existence. And I don`t think they have any significant commonalities.

If you weren't aware of the design before, perhaps you haven't seen yet what it looks like without a pod - hence my (admittedly somewhat facetious) question whether that would also be an added feature for your concept...

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/153/6/4/thunderbird_2__2__ortho__new__by_unusualsuspex-d7k6ecx.jpg

To me that doesn't look all that dissimilar from your sketch.

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2015, 07:45:12 am »
More or less finalised front view of a Northrop-Grumman jet that I posted a couple of days ago.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:17:09 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2015, 09:23:21 am »
Cluttonfred, here are some initial ideations, I can choose probably one of them and try to polish it into  a more decent shape:)

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #217 on: February 07, 2015, 09:53:57 am »
Great designs,i like the jayx the most,thanks a lot for sharing.

best regards

Pedro

Offline cluttonfred

« Reply #218 on: February 07, 2015, 10:18:31 am »
Cluttonfred, here are some initial ideations, I can choose probably one of them and try to polish it into  a more decent shape:)

Thanks so much, I am certainly jealous of your artistic skills.  These are great sketches, but you seem to have gone with more of a tailless biplane than the tandem wing I had in mind.  In fact, one of those looks a bit like a biplane version of the Northrop XP-79B Flying Ram. 
Matthew Long, Editor
cluttonfred.info

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2015, 08:34:54 am »
Dodge next generation sedans. Unfinished yet.

Offline Deino

• Our China Correspondent
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2015, 09:25:41 am »
A sketch for an unmanned aerial vehicle. Initial overall design. I will post some sketches of a  bi-plane tomorrow.

Ohh... You are already working for Shenyang in China and designed their Divine Eagle UAV !??  ;)
He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-------------------------------------------------
W.H.Auden (1945)

Offline PlanesPictures

« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2015, 09:49:35 am »
Dodge next generation sedans. Unfinished yet.

very nice design and work, too

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2015, 07:42:25 am »
Thank you PlanesPictures for your support! here are some more car designs. Dodge Nanobot and Jeep Potomac ( which is not finished yet) and Chevrolet Cliffhanger SUV.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:40:46 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2015, 12:14:23 pm »
A small regional jet for a US manufacturer, an almost finished sketch. I am also working on Boeing regional jet- BOREAL, but it will take some time. And a Chevrolet coupe sketch, some changes might apply.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2015, 01:55:35 pm »
A small regional jet for a US manufacturer, an almost finished sketch. ... 

Reminds me to the Do 328Jet.
Is it just accidentally, that the cockpit lends itself ideally to the next episode of Disneys "Planes" ?  ;)
(picture via http://dolimg-emea.disneycdn.com/cdn_assets/6b447cf31d8fe2552d7eb89c77c8e27e14568441.jpg )

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2015, 01:07:54 am »
Progress report on Boeing Cargonaut. It has been on hold for some time but now the work has resumed. it will have 2 giant jet engines instead of previously planned 4.

Offline covert_shores

• Research + illustration
    • COVERT SHORES
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2015, 01:34:37 pm »
outstanding artworks
COVERT SHORES: www.hisutton.com

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2015, 11:00:51 pm »
Thank you, Covert Shores, but I think I am average at best, and there is pleeeeeenty of room for improvement. Anyway, here is a sketch of a  future passenger jet for Northrop-Grumman.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:17:14 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2015, 12:24:31 am »
   Northrop-Grumman Widebody Passenger Jet. Further sketching. Initially I thought of adding solar panels on the roof as the wide fuselage would allow to stack them. Also flying above clouds would allow uninterrupted source of energy. But now I am not so convinced. I am doubtful if the additional mass and substructure to house it would justify the investment and if the solar panels would be powerful enough to generate enough energy to compete with jet fuel  in any comparable fashion. So I left the roof area blank just marking the approximate location. Also I had this idea of making various versions for the jet with various passenger capacity. Usually the capacity is increased by stretching the existing versions lengthwise, I decided to go width-wise where various versions could be created  adding different length inter- beams. The curvature of beams( for different versions) would be the same , just length would be different. The only thing I don`t like that there would be a necessity to widen cockpit area as well which would be costly.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2015, 02:35:17 am »
Some other sketches.

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2015, 09:00:26 am »
Nice sketches,they all look promissing,hope to see some more.

best regards

Pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2015, 01:54:06 pm »
Thank you Pedro. Here is another sketch. Pontiac Sknwalkr concept. And Dodge Intrepid 2017 Concept.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:18:14 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2015, 02:03:02 am »
Chevrolet Citibox concept.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:48:25 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2015, 08:28:51 am »
Saturn Sherpa Pickup Truck Concept

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2015, 11:17:38 am »
Boeing Regional Jet ( Boeing Boreal). Some ideation sketches. Unfinalised design yet.One of the versions is a small cargo plane.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:34:54 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2016, 09:52:32 am »
Vought 20-16x

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2016, 09:09:09 am »
World Trade Center 2 and X,  Hudson Yards Onyx Tower, Hudson Twins and Needle tower Manhattan, NY.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:15:46 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2016, 10:49:02 am »
Northrop-Grumman X-55 Minus. ( it will be reworked, it is still too raw and not fluid enough.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:56:49 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2016, 07:48:47 am »
B-3-B Stratosfear
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:50:18 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline riggerrob

« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2016, 09:41:13 am »
Fascinating way you integrated wing leading edge and engine nacelle on the NGW airliner!

Existing prodded engine nacelles are easy to maintain and solve several structural functions, but interference drag can be a b@&$!
Example: the hassle Boeing goes through every time they up-engine their 727.

By "easy to maintain" I mean quick access via large, hinged panels/hatches. Separate nacelles also facilitate quick engine changes by allowing access from most angles. At minimum you want to retain easy access to half or 3/4 the circumference of the engine. Think about easily approaching it with a replacement engine on a fork-lift.
Structurally, nacelles hang the weight/mass forward of the wing spar/structure reducing flutter tendencies.

Aerodynamically, it is simpler to keep the engine inlet even with or ahead of the wing leading edge, to keep smooth airflow into the engine.

I have often wondered if the World War 2-vintage B-24 bomber would have been more efficient if they had squared the engine surpercharger intakes, flattened them and blended them into the wing's leading edge and top skin???????

Your sketches are amazing in that you seem to intuitively understand most of balance and aerodynamic concepts while still sketching more graceful, flowing lines than anyone else.

Could we please see more of your sketches of engine nacelles blended into wing leading edges or tail leading edges?
Maybe a spiral leading edge extending from the wing center-section blended into the leading edge of the engine nacelle on your BOREAL?

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2016, 10:33:42 am »
Thank you for liking my sketches! I have a couple of passenger aircraft sketches with blended engines into leading edge, but they are raw and I must still work on them. For flattering air from aircraft surfaces we have 3 options- diverters, drilled holes with suction and a bump( I don`t know what is it called)but air curves around it becoming more stable when getting into inlet.  Before that I must rework Minus jet on the previous page. It lacks ease of fluidity and coloring is blunt.
P.S. - Here is one unfinished design. I am still working on the inlet as well. The whole design is still raw.  I am still considering if it should have a wheel scheme as on B-52. As it has vert. stabilizers below wings  maybe I should add small chassis at bottom of each stabilizer.
As to inlets here is one of my older designs that I updated  for stabilizing air flow. I also used  canopy from it for the last design.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:13:09 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2016, 08:37:53 am »
Great sketches,the lockheed martin and northrop fighters,look realy good.

Best regards

Pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2016, 09:56:34 am »
Thank you Pedrospe for your support. Here is the further development of the sketch  I posted a week ago. XJet by Lockheed-Martin.  And Cargonaut rearview.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:00:01 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2016, 01:03:28 am »
797. Updated side view.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2016, 09:15:14 am »
Future Medium Cargo  for Boeing. Initial doodle. Possible engine integration into wings.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2016, 10:53:57 am »
Jeep Potomac Concept
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:49:10 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2016, 11:02:48 am »
Next generation trainer jet T-X `Novis`, with AIM9x and external fuel tanks. Non stealth version.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:25:48 pm by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #247 on: April 20, 2016, 07:17:00 am »
Pontiac G9 Coupe Concept.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2016, 11:55:14 am »
The rollout of Bell MU-X prototype.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:49:52 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2016, 01:33:50 am »
NGAD.  This  is unfinished initial sketch for NGAD. I decided to unite vertical and horizontal stabilizers into one system.This stabilizer will rotate around axis of engine structure. I thought about this previously but was not sure how to ensure rigidity of rather large wing area that  would be moving. So I went for attachment to engine bay. It would have large enough radius to support stabilizers. Those stabilizers would be rotating on bearings around engine assembly ( circular) so there would be enough strength for large  G loads. This would also allow experiments on manoeuverability. It would be possible to rotate them even at negative angles below main wing surface. At level flights the stabilizers would be at flat angle with main wings. At plus angles they could move upwards at any angle, as far as they would meet each other( or close to it.). The current NGAD is awesome, the only thing I feel  like the tail section is missing those stabilizers. Some aircraft look cool without them, for example, X-36, but some  not so much. But that is only my personal opinion, not more.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2016, 10:57:03 am »
A fast sketch of a future jet fighter. And RAH Navajo updated.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:35:33 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline malipa

• TU Delft AE student
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2016, 07:24:47 am »
What is the NGAD? It doesn't seem stealth, the engine placement makes it rather unmaneuverable, the mass moment of inertia is huge, and rather heavy....

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2016, 10:12:59 am »
The engine is actually deeper within wells, because of heat dissipation to lower heat signature. So the center of mass won`t be that much rearwards. If you look at f-18 , its engines also seem protruded rearwards and it is not even stealth. So, I will disagree. Anyway, it is a raw sketch and I am exercising ideas so changes might apply as well.
Here is a sketch of a jet hydroplane. I will add other views to detail the design.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2016, 11:15:45 am »
The hydroplane could probably look something like this. It is still a raw sketch of ideas, but it is slowly taking shape:) Also, an updated    older sketch of YF-38. I am still not happy with it, but anyway.

Offline malipa

• TU Delft AE student
« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2016, 11:59:37 am »
I meant the engines should be placed closer together, for instance as a F-22, and not a Su-27.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2016, 02:54:50 am »
T-X updated.

Offline riggerrob

« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2016, 02:34:17 pm »
Clever the way you have integrated engines with wings on those transports.

However, on the jet hydroplane, I would crank the wings in the other direction because bolting the wings' center section directly to the fuselage would shorten load-paths and reduce interference drag. Then crank the outer wings upwards outboard of the engine nacelles. High outer wing panels will whack fewer docks, trucks, fork-lifts, etc.

The greatest challenge is making it maneuverable enough to reverse onto docks so that it can unload straight out the back end. Thrust-reversers pointing up, over top of the wings?

Either way, you still need to keep engine inlets well above the waves to minimize water-ingestion. Floats will help reduce spray directly into engine intakes.

Sorry dude, I was not trying to tell you how to draw your pretty pictures. ..... Instead, I was looking at your sketches from a truck-driver's perspective and trying to figure out the easiest way to unload cargo.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2016, 10:26:52 am »
Thanks Riggerbob, I will consider your suggestions once I return to update that sketch.
Anyways, here is a TR-3X classified medium range bomber flying over your heads:)

Offline MaxLegroom

• Why not?
« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2016, 02:06:01 pm »
Future Medium Cargo  for Boeing. Initial doodle. Possible engine integration into wings.
Interesting, but I wouldn't want to have to work on that wing structure, and it'd be expensive to engineer and manufacture.  Burying the engines in the wings is uncommon for a reason, though, having to do with airflow (see DeHavilland Comet), and drag. 

Rather impressive artwork, though.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2016, 12:40:27 pm »
Further development of  my sketch at  Reply #249. N-GAD. Rear stabilizer vectoring. Upper position and medium low position. The lowest position will have a flat alignment with the main wing.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2016, 10:17:06 am »
NGAD. Top view. The rotating vertical stabilizers at their lowest position and alignment with the wing. As they are rotating on a hub around engine exhaust assembly ( this idea was developed as it offered enough power shoulder to support a movable stabilizer) they could be rotating at negative angles as well. That is, below alignment line with the wing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:21:46 am by ADVANCEDBOY »

Offline pedrospe

« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2016, 10:42:20 am »
Very nice concept.

best regards

Pedro

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2017, 08:18:56 am »
Thank You for your support. Here I added a sketch for a future Ford Pickup Truck .

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2017, 09:00:16 am »
A sketch of a Bell 599 rescue helicopter and FATSO UAV slightly updated.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2017, 03:26:57 am »
Next generation Dodge Durango.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2017, 11:34:04 am »
 I decided to rework Bell FCX-001. Initially I wanted to modify it  just slightly, but in the end I redesigned all of it just leaving the main rotor intact. I t turned out a bit classic, not futuristic or conceptual enough but at least it retains some Bell family design features.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2017, 08:17:47 am »
Boeing HI-Octane.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2017, 08:45:34 am »
Ford Mustang 2020.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2017, 11:46:25 pm »
A hydroplane. Initial raw sketch. Top view. An iso view might come if you are interested.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2017, 03:05:13 am »
What aircraft would you like to be sketched? I can do a new design  for an existing or theoretical program or rework my older designs. The hydroplane was my older sketch reworked.

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2017, 11:13:24 pm »
What aircraft would you like to be sketched? I can do a new design  for an existing or theoretical program or rework my older designs. The hydroplane was my older sketch reworked.

Some possible ideas:

(1) A blended wing body bomber with stealth characteristics.
(2) A supersonic propeller-driven aircraft.
(3) What you think a replacement for the A-10 Thunderbolt II would look like.
(4) A single-stage-to-orbit (SSTO) space plane similar to the Skylon concept.
(5) An aircraft that can also dive under the water like a submarine.
(6) Your thoughts on what a modern, advanced descendant of the Triebflügel VTOL aircraft would look like.
(7) A hypothetical anti-gravity aircraft resulting from research done during Project Greenglow.
(8) An aircraft designed specifically to beat the time-to-height record.
(9) An aircraft that can operate in the atmosphere of another planet like Venus or Jupiter (probably nuclear or solar-powered).
(10) An aircraft that can go as fast as possible while still staying in the atmosphere.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2017, 04:42:53 am »
@kryptid.
1.  Blended Wing ( bomber) Stealth. Sounds very tempting. I will consider sketching it. Would you like a passenger type , similar to Boeing  x-48 scale model, or a military platform?
2.  A supersonic propeller driven aircraft is a problem as most aircraft would require jet engine  to achieve such speeds.  I think effectiveness of prop engines end at Mach 0 .9. I could design an aircraft with a shrouded propfan. My gut feeling tells me it is the only way to  have a propeller and supersonic in one sentence. Turboprop won`t cut it. Actually, I am not a big fan of propellers. ( pun intended.)
3.  Actually I sketched a Thunderbolt replacement a year ago but quit the design as I was not happy with it. I could try improving on it and post it.
4.  SSTO plane. Sounds tempting, but limitations apply to  the design as it is a very high speed platform.
5.  Submersible aircraft? Could you give me a reason for such an aircraft to exist?
6. Triebflugel is bonkers ( in a good, bizarre way). I think Blue Origin might fill that gap.
7. Antigravity aircraft wouldn`t be an exterior design issue , rather a mechanical issue. As I don`t know the principles of how the antigravity operates, it is hard to surmise its shape. All I can speculate is that such a craft would still be a subject to air drag. My personal intuition tells me that antigravity alone is nothing, you need propulsion as well.  Antigravity sounds like compensating an existing force, while propulsion is an internal source of energy within a craft. Personally I think an air balloon with laughing gas is an antigravity aircraft as it compensates gravity with lighter than air gas in it. Yet they don`t fly zig zags or hyperspeeds as claimed by Bob Lazar or his sidekick John Lear( John is not well in his basement lately, recently installed A/C though). I wonder when Ben Rich said we are light years ahead and we could take  ETs home did he mean money laundering schemes under project classification or he meant real aircraft:) Would antigravity work similarly to  Fouche's claim of rotating Mercury plasma? I have my doubts about Fouche. When I talked to him about how would the superfast TR-3B deal with air friction( drag) at high speeds he started talking about electronic plasma field  similar to one invented by Russian scientists( unnamed). I think plasma field is not enough to compensate claimed speeds within air theater. So do we need a  circular space within an aircraft to place the rotating plasma tank or is anti-gravity a different animal after all- I don`t know. I feel that we can not create antigravity device, but we could one day build a gravity disrupting device, a device that actually doesn`t directly deal with gravity but intensifies  an existing force that is co-existing with gravity and disrupts/intensifies its force. The secret of gravity probably lies within  mass, rotation and electric force.
8. Do you mean the fastest altitude gaining aircraft or something different?
9. For an aircraft to operate in atmosphere of Jupiter I would go nuclear as it is is energy efficient  and in case of crash there is not any damage to any beings. Designwise it  has a lot of interpretation.
10.  Record braking atmospheric aircraft. Again, such an aircraft would have limited design options as it is subject to extreme air drag and would adopt the design of  currently existing hyperspeed design platforms. I could try to design a pulse detonation wave engined craft:) which one would you like to be sketched first?

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2017, 09:23:26 pm »
I wasn't intending for you to draw all of them. I was only providing some suggestions that might help spark your imagination.

1.  Blended Wing ( bomber) Stealth. Sounds very tempting. I will consider sketching it. Would you like a passenger type , similar to Boeing  x-48 scale model, or a military platform?

Something shaped (generally) like the X-48, but sized-up and modified to be a bomber. Some serrated edges and edge alignment for stealth.

2.  A supersonic propeller driven aircraft is a problem as most aircraft would require jet engine  to achieve such speeds.  I think effectiveness of prop engines end at Mach 0 .9. I could design an aircraft with a shrouded propfan. My gut feeling tells me it is the only way to  have a propeller and supersonic in one sentence. Turboprop won`t cut it. Actually, I am not a big fan of propellers. ( pun intended.)

Experiments with the XF-88B demonstrated that propellers, if designed properly, can produce positive thrust above the sound barrier. If I remember correctly, the propeller was 71% efficient at speeds slightly above Mach 1. Modern design techniques would probably make it easier, such as utilizing area rule.

3.  Actually I sketched a Thunderbolt replacement a year ago but quit the design as I was not happy with it. I could try improving on it and post it.

Sounds good.

4.  SSTO plane. Sounds tempting, but limitations apply to  the design as it is a very high speed platform.

Yeah, which is why Skylon has to be so big with most of its volume taken up by propellant.

5.  Submersible aircraft? Could you give me a reason for such an aircraft to exist?

It's admittedly a bit dubious, but such an effort has been seriously considered before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_submarine

6. Triebflugel is bonkers ( in a good, bizarre way). I think Blue Origin might fill that gap.

The wingtip ramjets might conceivably be replaced with something that can tolerate lower speeds such as small turbojets or turbofans, or you could even make the rotor powered by an engine in the fuselage in addition to a counter-rotor to offset torque.

7. Antigravity aircraft wouldn`t be an exterior design issue , rather a mechanical issue. As I don`t know the principles of how the antigravity operates, it is hard to surmise its shape. All I can speculate is that such a craft would still be a subject to air drag. My personal intuition tells me that antigravity alone is nothing, you need propulsion as well.  Antigravity sounds like compensating an existing force, while propulsion is an internal source of energy within a craft. Personally I think an air balloon with laughing gas is an antigravity aircraft as it compensates gravity with lighter than air gas in it. Yet they don`t fly zig zags or hyperspeeds as claimed by Bob Lazar or his sidekick John Lear( John is not well in his basement lately, recently installed A/C though). I wonder when Ben Rich said we are light years ahead and we could take  ETs home did he mean money laundering schemes under project classification or he meant real aircraft:) Would antigravity work similarly to  Fouche's claim of rotating Mercury plasma? I have my doubts about Fouche. When I talked to him about how would the superfast TR-3B deal with air friction( drag) at high speeds he started talking about electronic plasma field  similar to one invented by Russian scientists( unnamed). I think plasma field is not enough to compensate claimed speeds within air theater. So do we need a  circular space within an aircraft to place the rotating plasma tank or is anti-gravity a different animal after all- I don`t know. I feel that we can not create antigravity device, but we could one day build a gravity disrupting device, a device that actually doesn`t directly deal with gravity but intensifies  an existing force that is co-existing with gravity and disrupts/intensifies its force. The secret of gravity probably lies within  mass, rotation and electric force.

It's true that we don't know how actual anti-gravity would work, but it would be interesting considering what direction aircraft design could go if we were freed up from a need for wings, rotors or balloons.

8. Do you mean the fastest altitude gaining aircraft or something different?

Yes. Something like the McDonnell Douglas Streak Eagle or Sukhoi P-42. Except without the need to be agile or carry weapons.

9. For an aircraft to operate in atmosphere of Jupiter I would go nuclear as it is is energy efficient  and in case of crash there is not any damage to any beings. Designwise it  has a lot of interpretation.

That would make sense. Alternatively, a relatively normal jet or propeller engine would work on Jupiter, but in reverse: the atmosphere of Jupiter is the fuel (hydrogen) and you carry tanks of oxidizer (like liquid oxygen or dinitrogen tetroxide) on board your plane. Unless it was lighter-than-air (a difficult prospect in a hydrogen atmosphere), it would need somewhere to land eventually since chemical engines use up fuel/oxidizer quickly. Nuclear is probably the best.

10.  Record braking atmospheric aircraft. Again, such an aircraft would have limited design options as it is subject to extreme air drag and would adopt the design of  currently existing hyperspeed design platforms. I could try to design a pulse detonation wave engined craft:)

Most likely, yes. I recently wondered just how high an air-breathing aircraft could fly. It would have to be very fast in order for dynamic pressure to make up for the low density in the high atmosphere. My basic guess is that the upper altitude and speed for any such aircraft are limited by high temperatures.

which one would you like to be sketched first?

It doesn't matter to me. Whichever one suits your mood the most or, perhaps, whichever you think would challenge your skills as a designer or artist the most.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2017, 05:29:16 am »
For the first design I decided to go for a blended wing design. It is a double fuselage , blended wing refueling aircraft. It is inspired by Manta Ray fish and mimmicks some of its elements.  On top view I spent more time developing the shape, the ink sketches were done first that is why some elements differ. I could either work detailed ISO view or rework the design completely if it is not satisfactory. Anyway for one view the design should be finalised so that different rotation views would not change elements later. Refueling hose would look similar to Manta Ray`s tail. Paint scheme could adopt the spotty pigmentation as seen on Mantas.

Offline Kryptid

« Reply #274 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:49 am »
Nice one. A multiple fuselage design could be good for extra fuel storage in a tanker, although both fuselages would have to be emptied at the same rate in order to prevent a shift in the center of gravity. It probably wouldn't be too hard to implement, though. A single, large fuselage could probably accomplish the same thing for less drag (less surface area), but the double fuselage design would have the benefit of additional span-loading and taking up less hangar space because it's shorter.

Offline ADVANCEDBOY

« Reply #275 on: September 16, 2017, 10:38:29 am »
Further development of Manta Ray. Close to finalizing the top view design. ISO , sideview and front view will follow based on the finalized design.