Book Update - Mine

bobbymike

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Dear SP members,

As I approach my third year as a member here I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and knowledge (and wisdom for that matter). I know far more today on my favorite topic of aerospace technology than three years ago, way, way more.

Anyway, it has always been a dream of mine to write a novel and just wanted to post here that I am about on page 244 out of what is looking like a 320 or so page book, editing still to come of course.

I am looking for a publisher but am also trying to line up investors to possibly self publish. Popular novelist Vince Flynn did this with his first book.

Any insight or advice anyone can give me on the world of publishing would be much appreciated.

Thanks

bobbymike said:
... I am looking for a publisher but am also trying to line up investors to possibly self publish. ... Any insight or advice anyone can give me on the world of publishing would be much appreciated.

Can't say I know anything much about publishing, but there may be a "third way" - crowd funding. There are dedicated sites for that (e.g Kickstarter), basically you state your idea and/or publish a snippet of your product to (try and) accumulate a suitable level of investment (I think you can set a reasonable target and a timetable). The investors also potentially form the basis of a social network, getting the word out. Maybe it's worth a look, especially if those "traditional" big time literary agents are not inclined to put you through their celebrity makeover.