A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SINGE-STAGE-TO-ORBIT ROCKET AND AIR-BREATHING VEHICLES

XP67_Moonbat

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA453934

A thesis paper from the AF Institute of Technology.

Re: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SINGE-STATE-TO-ORBIT ROCKET AND AIR-BREATHING VEHICLES

Interesting. Looks as if Reaction Engines' approach may not be the only economic way to orbit...

Re: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SINGE-STATE-TO-ORBIT ROCKET AND AIR-BREATHING VEHICLES

I think you mean "stage" not "state"

Nik said:
Interesting. Looks as if Reaction Engines' approach may not be the only economic way to orbit...

Considering that their approach (massively complex and as-yet unproven engines mounted to high-fineness-ratio eggshells) is about as *un*economic as you could get... I sure as hell *hope* that someone else comes up with something...

You might think at least the guy would get his thesis title right but come on, Singe-State-To-Orbit? ::) I also thought the original poster misspelled, until I downloaded it.

Simon666 said:
but come on, Singe-State-To-Orbit?

Yeah, what's wrong with that?
khan2285.jpg

You don't want an orbital Singh State?

...ISTR "singe" is also a racial slur for native Africans that originated from one of the Rhodesian dialects. It's based on "singed" or "burnt".