Zombie knives: New rules to make big difference - PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zombie what ?

is that remake to ban Knives and screwdriver in the UK ?

From the article:

"Zombie knives are defined as weapons having "a cutting edge, a serrated edge and images or words suggesting it is used for violence".'

Not to make light of violence, but do non-violent knives have words stamped on them like: Not to be used for violence? I mean adding the word zombie is silly.

Machete crime didn't seem to really be a problem in Britain 30 years ago. I wonder what changed. I wonder what continuing these changes will lead to in another 30 years.

Reactions: zen
A toothbrush makes for a fine shiv.
Curl the end so it fits nice in the heel of your palm.

Use that to deliver a palm strike---easy

Machete crime didn't seem to really be a problem in Britain 30 years ago. I wonder what changed. I wonder what continuing these changes will lead to in another 30 years.
In 1997, they banned firearms "with a barrel shorter than 30 cm (12 in) or a total length of less than 60 cm (24 in)".

For everyone who thinks "rampant gun violence" when they think "America," here's what "average day in England" looks like:

F4wtNE8XsAAYDWx

The police forces of the United Kingdom have had gun and knife amnesties (there are even knife bins where you can deposit them) for decades now. Thousands have been handed in and destroyed, countless thousands still exist and always will exist.
Machetes do seem to be catching on, probably just the current underworld cultural zeitgeist.

Zeitgeist. Equals the term "means nothing." Unless machete stores have sprung up in the last few decades, the knives in question do not appear out of thin air.

Take a look at homicide rates per country.
The UK isn't doing too badly.
The site offers data points from 2018 for the UK and USA.
This site shows lower UK homicide numbers for 2022, but they might be the result of a different methodology:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.