Sukhoi Su-57 / T-50 / PAK FA - flight testing and development Part II [2012-current]

Attachments

• Су-47 _Беркут_. К 25-летию первого полета.mp4_snapshot_08.09_[2022.09.30_00.36.58].jpg
    Су-47 _Беркут_. К 25-летию первого полета.mp4_snapshot_08.09_[2022.09.30_00.36.58].jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 395
  • Су-47 _Беркут_. К 25-летию первого полета.mp4_snapshot_08.11_[2022.09.30_00.37.20].jpg
    Су-47 _Беркут_. К 25-летию первого полета.mp4_snapshot_08.11_[2022.09.30_00.37.20].jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 385
No, its from a video for the 25th anniversary of Su-47 Berkut, this part is about how Berkut leads to the Su-57.

Last edited:
Surovikin confirmed the successful deployment of the Su-57 against aerial targets.

Surovikin: Su-57 fighter strikes targets on every sortie as part of a special operation

The commander of the joint group of forces in the NVO region added that during each sortie they hit air and ground targets

MOSCOW, 18 October. /TASS/. The Russian fifth-generation fighter Su-57 stands out in terms of the quality of its combat use in the framework of a special operation, hitting air and ground targets during each sortie. Sergei Surovikin, commander of the joint group of troops in the area of the special operation, told reporters about this on Tuesday.

“In terms of the quality of combat use, I would especially like to single out the Su-57 fifth-generation multifunctional aircraft. Having a wide range of weapons, it solves multifaceted tasks of hitting air and ground targets in each sortie,” he said

Surovikin: Su-57 fighter strikes targets on every sortie as part of a special operation

The commander of the joint group of forces in the NVO region added that during each sortie they hit air and ground targets

MOSCOW, 18 October. /TASS/. The Russian fifth-generation fighter Su-57 stands out in terms of the quality of its combat use in the framework of a special operation, hitting air and ground targets during each sortie. Sergei Surovikin, commander of the joint group of troops in the area of the special operation, told reporters about this on Tuesday.

“In terms of the quality of combat use, I would especially like to single out the Su-57 fifth-generation multifunctional aircraft. Having a wide range of weapons, it solves multifaceted tasks of hitting air and ground targets in each sortie,” he said

Uh huh... Talk is rather cheap.

2/ Per UAC, "testing is being carried out on the aircraft of an on-board equipment complex with extended functionality, AI support for crew and the possibility of using a wide range of new types of weapons."

3/3 "The possibility of installing the second stage engine on the aircraft is also provided for."

I was under the impression that all Su-57 airframes from T-50-6 onwards are able to accept the "second stage" engine? That was one of the major points of the structural redesign, aside from reinforcements required to remedy the weaknesses of the “first stage” airframes and meet fatigue/service life requirements as well as increased usage of composites. Based on the picture shown, is this an upgrade being tested on T-50-11, or an entirely new one?

Last edited:
The window that belonged to the 101KS-U system has changed. From UAC's company materials, it was obvious that they were trying to replace ultraviolet sensors with infrared ones. It's just a thought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029_191942.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029_191942.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 208
Video description, translated with DeepL:

Sukhoi Design Bureau is working to improve the Su-57. On October 21, the first flight of the upgraded fifth-generation Su-57 took place at the M.M. Gromov Flight Research Institute airfield. The airplane was piloted by Sukhoi Design Bureau's test pilot, Hero of the Russian Federation Sergei Bogdan. The flight lasted 56 minutes and passed without any faults.

The airplane is undergoing tests of the airborne equipment complex with expanded functionality, intellectual support for the crew and the possibility to use a wide range of new types of weaponry. The aircraft also has the ability to install a second-stage engine.

The window that belonged to the 101KS-U system has changed. From UAC's company materials, it was obvious that they were trying to replace ultraviolet sensors with infrared ones. It's just a thought.
Does not appear to require a larger protruding housing like the older one.

Last edited:
Does not appear to require a larger protruding housing too like the older one.
That is undoubtedly true. But very interesting is the black frame around the window. It may be a thermal insulator, which supported the thesis of using an infrared-based sensor.

Does not appear to require a larger protruding housing too like the older one.
That is undoubtedly true. But very interesting is the black frame around the window. It may be a thermal insulator, which supported the thesis of using an infrared-based sensor.
I think it's more likely that they just didn't bother painting it, as it could be swapped out later for modifications, as this new sensor is only present on the one side.

More interesting to note is the 4 same sized apertures with same color lenses, suggesting the same spectrum and purpose for the imager. Four IR imagers for combined large FOV and long range performance(?)

Previous side senor had just one large aperture, and two smaller to the sides, my guess being one imaging aperture, and the other laser warning recievers.

The izd 30 is projected to be seen by 2025. Not sure if it will be pre production or not. I'm guessing these tests do not require any g suit and they are testing sensors. Funny how Bogdan is dressed. Reminds me of the old time Brit test pilots flying in their smart dress slacks, shirts and ties.

Attachments

• xa627nhf883efrmev94738pfy8vq7e1g.jpeg
    xa627nhf883efrmev94738pfy8vq7e1g.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 96
  • jqxms7f66trmouixdkpfqx9arzfs4xym.jpeg
    jqxms7f66trmouixdkpfqx9arzfs4xym.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 88
  • af9skz1ljz7fraj8om7g3122ndzex44n.jpeg
    af9skz1ljz7fraj8om7g3122ndzex44n.jpeg
    8.5 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Can anyone read their numbers and even more those so far delivered have what numbers?

Fantastic four:

It is apparently a phototshop. :)
"KNAAZ has produced and handed over to the Russian Defense Ministry another batch of fifth-generation Su-57s as part of this year's delivery program" - that was the announcement made today by the United Aircraft Corporation to all those not indifferent to aviation. And I, after watching videos of townspeople with a group of whistling fighters, resorted to the help of neural networks and photoshop and generated this picture for you.

Phrase about NN and PS apparently a joke. There are four of them. Just watch a videoshoot with four Su-57 in the sky of Novosibirsk today.
Author also said that he intentionally retouched the photo to remove side numbers.

Last edited:
So it is 4 more then?
Yes.

So this year there are 8 airframes that have been delivered with visual evidences.
These 4, then red 02, red 52, 53, and 54.

There is blue 52 in Knaaz recruitmen video, but it never appear in any UAC delivery announcement. So my guess they change the bort number of it.

I don't think we can count blue 52. Nobody spot it outside the Knaaz recruitment ads. I think they repaint that airframes's bort number.

Anyway, 2022 production is improved than what UAC planned in leaked production plan years ago. (They planned to only produce 4 in 2022). So i think Su-57 can achieve 1 squadron/year sooner than we previously thought.

Attachments

• IMG_20221231_001724-picsay.jpg
    IMG_20221231_001724-picsay.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 147